• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Elephant in the Time Room

ArachDusa

She/Her
The multiverse in Dragon Ball, Zeno and thanks to a kind of dubious statement, the Grand Priest, have been scaled in the wiki to low 1-C after this blog established that each universe in it is at least one timeline in itself, meaning the multiverse encompasses multiple timelines. The argument for that is as follows:
·In original Dragon Ball, it is stated that all time in at least the mortal realm is created inside the Time Room.
·This would mean that destroying the Time Room would destroy all of time.
·The destruction of Universe 7 (which the Time Room is in) wasn't going to affect the other universes.
·Therefore, each universe must have its own flow of time.

This is a compelling argument and I'm not smart enough to come out and say that it's wrong and the multiverse isn't really low 1-C after all, but I do have a simple observation that the blog I linked has failed to address.

The Time Room is located on Earth.

While it's pretty weird by itself that the source of all time in the universe would be stashed away on some random mortal planet, the Earth has already been destroyed twice throughout the course of the Dragon Ball series: Once by Kid Buu and again by Frieza in Resurrection "F" (Which was undone using time travel, no less). If that's the case, how was all of time not destroyed? I heard someone say that the Time Room wasn't destroyed because it's an alternate dimension, but the Time Room being inside or physically adjacent to the Lookout (which is on Earth) is the reason the blog concludes that destroying the living universe would destroy the Time Room. Why doesn't this also apply to the specific place in the universe that the Time Room is in?

I should also mention that I can think of one way this wouldn't contradict the established lore about the Time Room: The time created within it permeates throughout the universe, so destroying it won't affect the time it has already created any more than destroying a car factory would cause the destruction of cars it already produced, and since the thing being created is time itself, including the future, the time that constitutes the future has also already been created. That would also apply to Universe 7 itself and thus put the 1-C rating into question, but at least it's consistent.

I've always interpreted this as similar to the Room of Spirit and Time. When Piccolo destroys the door, (which is all that would exist in the Living Realm and vice versa to connect them), the dimension is intact. However, when Goku's punches were going to destroy the Macrocosm, it had (currently contested by Omega's Thread), interdimensional range. Furthermore, Goku was going to destroy the whole thing, and while this is currently contested by Omega's Thread, it was currently accepted as "Part of," the Macrocosm, as per the statements on how the Subspaces (including the Time Room) are within U7, just "cut off" from it in the conventional sense. Similar to the Room of Spirit and Time (which is in the same group in the scan, hence the comparison.) And we know Ki can affect those areas interdimensionally (across both sides) via raw power, as the Blog was made under the interpretation that we composited across continuities (which is only recently being undone). This means things like Outside Space, the Revenge Death Ball, Goku's powering up against Hit, etc. (all of which affected or destroyed time, other dimensions, etc.) would be included in the overview of what it means to destroy U7. As such, the punch in BoG would be 2-C and the Timeline 1-C due to being the higher Timeline.

Now, if the blog truly does rely on that door's destruction, theeeeen I dunno what's up with that. I will say that Whis' Time Travel wouldn't be an Anti-Feat, though. He acts on the higher Timeline (based on the blog's logic and evidence) with his Time Manipulation, (hence why he can jump from the Present to a Future Timeline, why he can't use his time abilities too many times in quick succession-It affects the higher timeline's axis, etc.) The main issue would be Buu's attack, or the lack of time ending.

Actually, a better question is if you could notice Time Ending in Dragon Ball? When Zeno erased Time (which he objectively did, the Time Ring for that Timeline was destroyed due to his Erasure, signifying it's temporal end), Goku and co. can just...GO...there and act as if nothing happened. As if Time was still there. (Albeit in a white void, but Zeno also literally erased EVERYTHING ELSE when he erased Time, and there's nothing indicative of the Timeline itself being gone being the sole reason it's a void and not just...the fact he literally blipped everything.) So when Time is erased, your ability to move and act isn't removed, seemingly. Which would explain both RoF and Kid Buu. But then it brings into question other things....

Back