• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Dragonball galaxies

Status
Not open for further replies.
ÒüôÒü«õ©ûÒü½Õ¡ÿÕ£¿ÒüÖÒéïÒüÖÒü╣ÒüªÒü«Õñ®õ¢ôÒéÆÕîàÒü┐Þ¥╝ÒéÇÒÇüÒü»ÒüªÒüùÒü¬ÒüÅÕ║âÒüîÒéïÚùçÒü«Õ║âÕñºÒü¬þ®║ÚûôÒÇéÕ«çÕ«ÖÒü«õ©¡ÒüºÒü»þäíµò░Òü«µÿƒÒüîÚøåÒü¥ÒéèµÿƒÚø▓ÒéÆõ¢£ÒéèÒÇüµÿƒÚø▓Òüîþäíµò░Òü½ÚøåÒü¥ÒéèÚèǵ▓│ÒéÆÕ¢óµêÉÒüùÒüªÒüèÒéèÒÇüÕ«çÕ«Öþ®║ÚûôÒü½þäíÚÖÉÒü¿Þ¿ÇÒüêÒéïÒü╗Òü®Òü½Õ¡ÿÕ£¿ÒüùÒüªÒüäÒéïÚèǵ▓│ÒéÆþÁ▒µï¼ÒüÖÒéïÒüƒÒéüÒü«Þíîµö┐Õìÿõ¢ìÒü¿ÒüùÒüªÕ«çÕ«Öþ®║ÚûôÒü»ÕîùÒü«Úèǵ▓│´╝êÕîùÒü«Òé¿Òâ¬Òéó)ÒÇüÕìùÒü«Úèǵ▓│´╝êÕìùÒü«Òé¿Òâ¬Òéó)Òü¬Òü®Òü¿Õæ╝Òü░ÒéîÒéïµØ▒ÞÑ┐ÕìùÕîù4Òé¿Òâ¬ÒéóÒü½Õî║ÕêåÒüæÒüòÒéîÒüªÒüäÒéïÒÇéÒü®Òü«Úèǵ▓│´╝êÒé¿Òâ¬Òéó)ÚûôÒüºÒééÒÇüµèÇÞíôÕèøÒüòÒüêÒüéÒéîÒü░Þç¬þö▒Òü½þº╗ÕïòÒüÖÒéïÒüôÒü¿Òü»ÒüºÒüìÒéïÒÇé

^Wrap all of the celestial bodies that exist in this world , endless spread vast space of darkness . In the universe is to make the nebula myriad of stars gathered , nebula forms a myriad collection galaxy , space as administrative units in order to oversee the galaxy that are present in about say that infinite space North of the galaxy ( the north area ) , and is divided into north, south, east and west four areas that are referred to as the south of the galaxy ( southern area ) . Also between any galaxy ( area ) , you can be free to move if they have technical capabilities .

"Infinite" is to be taken as unquantifiable hyperbole when referring to galaxies or even universes.

" infinite space North of the galaxy ( the north area ) , and is divided into north, south, east and west four areas that are referred to as the south of the galaxy ( southern area )"

Does this mean the north galaxy is also divided into other 4 smaller areas? I'm a bit confused

Thank you to DarkLK for the help in any case.

I think that this is the original text from the guidebook that has been translated in a more easily understood fashion elsewhere.

Anyway, according to Gohan's link, no there are not additional segmentations of areas.

ok, so for now can we temporarily refer the dragonball galaxy to as super big galaxy? cuz that's seem more reasonable than infinite sized-galaxies.

Antvasima said:
"Infinite" is to be taken as unquantifiable hyperbole when referring to galaxies or even universes.

It uses the term "infinitely growing", not "infinite". It is fundamentally different things.

I see. Thank you for the explanation.

you could say that it's constantly expanding, dbu is slightly different from our universe, The supreme kais have existed since the beginning of time, they're the main reason that dbu is expanding, not natural expansion like ours

Theorectically speaking, the supreme kais have created various celestial bodies or galaxies before, then beerus came in and destroyed those galaxies, this could mean that db universe was actually bigger than the current db universe.

Sorry if i slightly diverged the current discussion

i found this

tell me if it does make any sens

Daizenshuu 7 later on re-released on Chozenshuu 4

Galaxy A local collection of stars and planets in outer space. A nebula is a collection of stars and planets, and in turn a collection of several nebulae is called a galaxy. Being responsible for the north/south/east/west, the four Kaios in practice oversee these galaxies. The divides between north/south/east/west galaxies are units which the celestial gods and Kaios produced for occupational purposes, in order to unify the galaxies which exist infinitely in outer space.

Well, based on all of the above, it seems like the matter remains unclear and unresolved then. We will have to wait until Dragon Ball Super clears it up.

My thoughts exactly Antvasima. Which leads to a last inquiry of mine....

Toriyama, did you even TRY to make sense of your story!?

GohanLSSJ2 said:
My thoughts exactly Antvasima. Which leads to a last inquiry of mine....

Toriyama, did you even TRY to make sense of your story!?
My guess is no I'd make a joke here but I just don't feel it's worth it or funny

Antvasima said:
We will have to wait until Dragon Ball Super clears it up.
I wouldn't count on it. Why did this particular part of Dragon Ball get relegated to being explained by guidebooks? I'm hinging on it being because Toriyama prefers not to bother with world building as much as others, preferring to get straight to the fighting. If my theory holds true, this guidebook information may be all we have.

Well, then the matter cannot be clearly resolved.

It also means that any potential universal feats (not counting Super Buu's Vice Shout) will be up in the air also. If Super doesn't clear up the matter were going to be left wondering if a universal feat really is universal......or just multi-galaxy...

The reason why the DragonBall universe has only 4 galaxies (represented as quadrants) is because Akira Toriyama just wanted to make it simple for the fans, according to the Super Exciting Guide.

Can you provide a scan or reference please?

I was told in the recent Super episode Beerus says something about Galaxy #36, this could be evidence that the DB Universe contains more than 4 galaxies or their "galaxies" are made up of smaller ones to form massive single galaxies. Can anyone confirm this?

It was "planet 34", if I remember the episode correctly.

DoyinYale said:
The reason why the DragonBall universe has only 4 galaxies (represented as quadrants) is because Akira Toriyama just wanted to make it simple for the fans, according to the Super Exciting Guide.
that's really ********. even sixth graders understand the difference between galaxy and universe. does toriyama think that most of the dbz fans are illiterate? smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back