• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Dovah'kin vs The Arisen

ThePerpetual

VS Battles
Retired
Simple: who would win?

Start 50 feet away from each other in a random forest clearing, each get standard gear, Grigori/Everfall-Era Arisen.

Dovahkiin (dragonborn)
The Arisen 3

Curious to hear your thoughts...

Well, vocations as a whole are never really stated to be canon, so I'd presume he'd just have his standard two sets of armor and one of each weapon, as per standard gear, and Dragonborn would get the same, and then they would just have access to all of their skills. It would be rather silly to limit someone to six moves because of canonically-unexplained gameplay mechanics, right?

That's Seneschal Arisen, not Grigori Arisen.

I'd give it to The Arisen, due to how much stronger he likely is, though The Last Dragonborn is faster.

The Everlasting said:
5-B vs. High 6-B, tell me which one sounds stronger. At that point, hax is irrelevant.
In fairness, High 6-A is the more likely one, unless you have proof otherwise. On the other, it's not like The Arisen's not got hax of his own...

Great...LDB kicked Alduin's ass. Alduin's 5-A...your point? Also Hax is irrelevant? Vivec roflstomped Azura who's 2-B with CHIM (Hax), and he's only Tier 5 otherwise.

Alduin is only 5-A when he's the World Eater, otherwise he's High 6-B by powerscaling.

When did Vivec "roflstomp" Azura? It sounds like it would be extreme PIS, or Azura was not at full power due to being in Mundus.

How do you know Alduin wasn't the world eater then? Plenty of NPC's called him that then, and Alduin even said he was going to actually eat the world that time. Michael Kirkbride even commented on Alduin's status then, he was literally going to eat the world and the LDB was the only possible hedge against that fate.

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/trial-vivec

He bound the whole of Azura's essence (2-B) to Mundus to humiliate her and then rammed his spear down her throat. She was helpless the whole time. That's what proper hax can do.

The Everlasting said:
He was denying his role, look at his page.
Sounds like massive PIS.

Play the game, read the lore. I've been closely observing ES lore for over 10 years now, ever since Morrowind.

Sounds like massive PIS? I'm 100% sure that's just your excuse to not admit you're wrong about hax.

Again, look at the page, Alduin was denying his role as the World Eater when he battled the Last DragonBorn

Does TLD even have CHIM? Because that makes it completely irrelevant (And as Perpetual mentioned, the Arisen has hax of his own). And I greatly doubt hax can have a 6-B being beat an omnipresent 2-B one.

The Everlasting said:
Again, look at the page, Alduin was denying his role as the World Eater when he battled the Last DragonBorn
Does TLD even have CHIM? Because that makes it completely irrelevant (And as Perpetual mentioned, the Arisen has hax of his own). And I greatly doubt hax can have a 6-B being beat an omnipresent 2-B one.

That page's wrong.

All the protagonists can be interpreted as CHIM users, but that's not the point of the argument. You said hax is nothing, I proved you wrong. Really? It can't? The Arisen's only 2-C via his hax and reality warping. Here's the breakdown of how OP CHIM is: Vivec's 4th on the top 10 strongest in the Elder Scrolls Universe. Akatosh (Auri-El) being 2-A is only 7th, him lacking the hax. Vivec was made stronger than Akatosh via his CHIM, going from Tier 6-5 to over a Tier 2-A.

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/forum-archives-michael-kirkbride

Ain't nothing I can do about it.

This isn't even relevant, as the Arisen is stronger than the Dragonborn by a large margin.

This is getting dumb, just drop it, seriously.

@Phantasys "That page's wrong."

Hehe, I remember the days when The Last Dragonborn was only City Level and Peak Human Speed. THAT needed rectifying.

Maybe I'm just being stupid beyond belief here, but mind explaining to me what CHIM does and how it works?

@ThePerpetual

Okay...the best way to describe it is to say the character knows that his reality is a dream of an amaranth. But unlike most people who go along the thoughts of "I am a dream" instead of "I don't exist" in which case said person vanishes (zero-sum), CHIM users come up with some other answer (usually because they're selfish, greedy, or egotistical enough to demand their own existance) and achieve a state beyond reality.

From then on they're considered both apart and separate from the "dream" (the tower) they exist in, they can do anything within the dream without fear of anything (Vivec himself stated if he should ever die he'd only need to "wake up" to live again) and can alter the dream to their whims (endless reality warp).

In essence a CHIM user is placed above the interplay of Anu and Padomay (Aurbis) and become essentially a greater existance than any within. Talos is probably the most famous user.

It's really fuzzy if any of the player characters are capable of it or not. Micheal Kirkbride seemed to hint at it during one of his drunken sounding ramblings. I did read someone's comment that the console commands essentially = CHIM.

If it's only console commands, I don't think we're allowed to use it. I think it's considered in a similar vein to modding or gameplay mechanics by the site standards IIRC. :/

Well, whatever the case may be, it sounds a bit iffy to jump on just yet. Maybe if we got another Elder Scrolls expert in here...

As Phantasays said, CHIM is realizing that you are nothing more than part of a dream of the Godhead, yet are still able to retain your individuality. Once achieved, the limits of the user disappear and you can practically do anything and become a god. It is nothing that can be achieved in game, of course.

It's also important to note that if it backfires, and you aren't able to retain your own individuality, you get erased from existence.

However, CHIM users must be wary when utilizing their newfound abilities, for if they change the world around them too greatly, they risk waking the Godhead and ending all of existence.

@Sheoth Sooo... does it even apply to this fight, given all the situationals and whatnot?

Hmm.... well if the Arisen decides to sit and wait god knows how long for the Dragonborn to achieve it, then yes.

In any other scenario, none whatsoever.

Sheoth said:
Hmm.... well if the Arisen decides to sit and wait god knows how long for the Dragonborn to achieve it, then yes.
In any other scenario, none whatsoever.
I... don't really foresee that being the case, given that based on their stat blocks speed is one of the main advantages The Arisen has, and being a tactical/analytical genius in combat is sort of one of his whole shticks so he'd likely try to capitalize on that in short order.

That's what I'm saying. Also, the entire canonicity of CHIM is still disputed.

Then he wins.

If not, and the Dovahkiin has access to all of his shouts, then I will go with him instead.

Back