• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hmm, so Velvet is actually one of the most skilled out of the entire TFH lineup, having actually fought and defeated a wide array of fighters during a tournament to determine who would be the Key Keeper representative of the reindeer. Another point in her favor is that she is a master ice user, skilled enough with her magic to create complex ice sculptures in a matter of seconds. She is also one hell of a zoner in her game, so getting close to her is no easy feat.

Unfortunately, it seems that Lizardy is also a character that thrives in the long-range game, and between the two of them, she easily has the range advantage over Velvet. Not a completely impossible advantage for her to overcome, but it will end up making it a little harder for her, especially since Lizardy has a 3.5X AP advantage over her.

That being said, Velvet still has a chance. For starters, again, her ice magic is very strong, and she's capable enough with it where only the most powerful of her moves really takes a chunk out of her overall magic reserves. She's very accurate and can take out the floating pieces of Lizardy with her spells, plus she could probably destroy them on her own. And if they start to swarm, she can cause a wind to blow through the area that can either pull them towards her for easier dispatching or push them away to give her space. Her only problem is, of course, her magic supply is limited and charges fairly slowly, leaving herself vulnerable if she has to rely on it too much. It's not an impossible ask, but it will be tricky.

So, I think my biggest question is this. How does Tokage actually use her ability in combat? And furthermore, how much of her pieces would Velvet have to tear through in order to wear her out, before she herself gets worn out?

So, I think my biggest question is this. How does Tokage actually use her ability in combat?
She mostly keeps her head and torso high up or in a hidden place where she can still keep an eye on her opponent while using her detached body parts to attack from all directions or in ways that allow her to put them in disadvantageous conditions.
And furthermore, how much of her pieces would Velvet have to tear through in order to wear her out, before she herself gets worn out?
A large amount. However another thing one can do is restrain them which can include just freezing them in place. It won't regenerate back and will go inert after some time in which she'll be able to regen them back but it's a good way to disable her and knock her out

That's actually very good, because slowing down and freezing her opponents is actually a staple part of her fighting style alongside just punching them with a big block of ice. (Shocker, I know.)

Hell, if we take her Arcade Mode shenanigans into account, she can fight and defeat characters like Pom, who is a puppeteer type character who mostly fights with her dogs, much like Tokage does with her body parts. In that sense, she knows exactly how to deal with them. (Plus, if even one of those hands grab her, she is actually gonna flip out because she doesn't like anyone touching her floof, so she'll fight even more aggressively than before.)

Also, if she happens to spot her floating in the air, she could potentially make ice formations as platforms to get closer to her, and then manipulate the wind to draw her closer, if not just outright pull out an Ice Cyclone to do that plus deal damage to her, while simultaneously keeping all of her other body parts from getting to her.

This sounds promising on paper for Velvet. So, what can Tokage do to counter all of this?

Last edited:
Which, again, dodging could potentially work against most of her techniques, but not when she is creating a very strong wind/tornado to pull her in and actively limits her mobility options. And, again, I really see no way for her to actually use her ability stop her if she pulls out an Ice Cyclone.

Hmm, on one hand, Tokage has the range, annoyingly endless danmaku of an ability, and the AP. Meanwhile, Velvet actually has a perfect counter ability to stop most of her body parts, as well as options to restrict her overall mobility. Plus, I'm fairly confident that due to her ability being the way it is, Velvet would be the far superior combatant if they somehow got in CQC.

This is a tricky one to decipher.

Okay, so I was thinking about it a little, and I realized that Velvet did take down physically superior reindeer during the tournament, as well as provide a fierce battle against Arizona, a cow who are extremely well known for their physical strength.

And since most of Tokage's moves are physical in nature, that does mean that the AP gap should be a little closer than I previously thought, alongside her ability to adapt to and counter characters that attack from multiple angles like Pom or Oleander.

I really wish Chapter 2 of the Story Mode for TFH would finally come out, which is supposed to focus on Velvet herself, but even without this, I believe this little nugget was the tipping point for me to make my decision.

Gonna place my vote for ze Champion of ze Tundra, with very high difficulty.

And just to get this concluded

Velvet FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

Yeah, as I said before, I barely gave her the win despite Lizardy's AP advantage, but considering she's even more powerful now, I'm gonna give Lizardy the high-difficulty win here.

And just to get this concluded

Lizardy FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

Back