• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If I recall, the regen only applies to the heads and if she can somehow decapitate all the heads at once, it'll die
Okay, but I feel like the Hydra might unironically outskill her because it has Martial Arts and she doesn't despite the intelligence gap.

Okay, but I feel like the Hydra might unironically outskill her because it has Martial Arts and she doesn't despite the intelligence gap.
I mean, that'll just help. She does have very good dodge feats against giant directed explosions so at least it has that to make up for that

I think this one doesn't have a breath attack and will just use melee

The martial arts is based on their bite attack. They are particularly adept at biting way smaller opponents than themselves. However, as a CR 12 creature, it can take on a group of four comparable adventurers, some which by that point can have access to extraordinary intelligence feats, both in combat and strategic planning (the fighter and wizard classes), and people with a truly insane variety of spells and equipment at their disposal.

I can get more thorough examples, but even an average NPC at these levels are comparable to beholders and mind flayers in sheer intelligence. The Hydra is more than s worthy challenge even with prep time and knowledge of their weaknesses (which she doesn't have access to here).

knowledge of their weaknesses
Huh, should I give that to her? Because the thing is, Lizardy does have a similar weakness in which if a large portion of her detached body is destroyed in a short period of time, she will get knocked out so seeing a regenerating opponent might prompt her to try it out

Okay so as far as I can tell Hydra has a x2.46158639725 AP edge
LS is like, okay while it can't grab her fully whatever body piece it bites off her is not escaping its clutches
Heck it stepping on her removes a body part if it doesn't move the leg away.

Anyways since as mentioned above it likely outskills her unironically, and considering it can start depleting her stamina fast and is superhuman in its own stamina I think it will easily win this one

Ok actually speaking on this if the Hydra has it's mid regen (an optional ability) it's outright a stomp, Tokage has no way of fighting back.

Assuming it doesnt, The hydra has many blind spots and is animalistic, so it having "skill" is less skill and more, "I bite whatever is infront of me", it doesnt have martial arts, assuming it gets none of it's optional abilities, the thing is mostly just gonna try biting at a piece infront of it, so if She uses one piece as bait and the rest to ya know Cluster Slam it, then it probably just dies from sheer impact, At max power, assuming one piece is away to be her core, one to distract, and the rest to hit, it's 48 2.7 ton hits, which I think is enough sheer damage to just take it out when she has the AP advantage

edit: Lowest end of Regular Hydra (this one) is unable to have martial arts

Last edited:
Assuming it doesnt, The hydra has many blind spots and is animalistic, so it having "skill" is less skill and more, "I bite whatever is infront of me", it doesnt have martial arts, assuming it gets none of it's optional abilities, and the thing is mostly just gonna try biting at a piece infront of it, so if She uses one piece as bait and the rest to ya know Cluster Slam it, then it probably just dies from sheer impact, At max power, assuming one piece is away to be her core, one to distract, and the rest to hit, it's 48 2.7 ton hits, which I think is enough sheer damage to just take it out when she has the AP advantage
This is incorrect. At least, the way it is stated.

The Hydra tries to bite what's in front of it, yes. However, the people these beasts fight and provide a challenge to include people on par with and on some occasions even smarter and with comparable powers and resources to these (lowest end, second key)

edit: Lowest end of Regular Hydra (this one) is unable to have martial arts
This is also incorrect. The Hydra that's fighting here is the 12-headed Hydra, who possesses the feat that grants them martial arts.

This is not incorrect. At least, the way it is stated.

The Hydra tries to bite what's in front of it, yes. However, the people these beasts fight and provide a challenge to include people on par with and on some occasions even smarter and with comparable powers and resources to these (lowest end, second key)
and the fact that Tokage can slam dozens of 2.7 Ton Attacks into it at an incredibly high rate?
I have a feeling thats gonna end the fight quickly

and the fact that Tokage can slam dozens of 2.7 Ton Attacks into it at an incredibly high rate?
I have a feeling thats gonna end the fight quickly
It really won't. That ability is nothing new. The typical Monk already can do it via their multiattack (correcion: the ability is called Flurry of Blows) ability. The Hydra can fight them and at the same time other 3 people simultaneously, and still can go on top. She's alone here.

It really won't. That ability is nothing new. The typical Monk already can do it via their multiattack ability. The Hydra can fight them and at the same time other 3 people simultaneously, and still can go on top. She's alone here.
There is a difference between the monks limited amount of fists and the max 48 pieces tokage can hit with.

The profile has a mix of editions on it to make the strongest possible thing it seems, so I'll use my own DND experience for reference (I only have 5e, but I can't be bothered to learn the entirety of 3.5e just for this one match).

at the level of CR 11, the monk has a max of 4 hits with flurry of blows, the average 3 other adventurers arent Monks but lets assume they are. thats 16 attacks. which is 3x less than Tokage's max

along with that The Hydra is taking hits from people on it's level or below (High 8-C, 2.25 or <2.25) Tokage has an ap advantage, and while 1.2x is small, it's not small when there are 48 pieces all hitting

There is a difference between the monks limited amount of fists and the max 48 pieces tokage can hit with.

The profile has a mix of editions on it to make the strongest possible thing it seems, so I'll use my own DND experience for reference (I only have 5e, but I can't be bothered to learn the entirety of 3.5e just for this one match).

at the level of CR 11, the monk has a max of 4 hits with flurry of blows, the average 3 other adventurers arent Monks but lets assume they are. thats 16 attacks. which is 3x less than Tokage's max

along with that The Hydra is taking hits from people on it's level or below (High 8-C, 2.25 or <2.25) Tokage has an ap advantage, and while 1.2x is small, it's not small when there are 48 pieces all hitting
"To make it the strongest possible thing"

Lol, anyways

It's CR 12, btw. But since you want to bring CR 11, the hydra can take on four people (CR 12), each that can take four people (CR 11). It's a very sizable advantage. (Edit: each of the CR 11 scale to the same value as the Hydra, so they are all comparable, with the Hydra being a bit stronger as a CR 12; her advantage in AP is effectively non existant)

You are also ignoring the options the other opponents might have, like the myriad of danmaku-like spells from a potential sorcerer or wizard (cloud of knives immediately comes to mind). The point with the monk was to show how even with similar abilities, the Hydra still proves a challenge.

Quite simply, the hydra unironically outskills her, and I would also argue it has the stamina to keep up with her blows.

"To make it the strongest possible thing"

Lol, anyways
Lol yeah
It's CR 12
yeah I genuinely thought it was cr 11 big L
You are also ignoring the options the other opponents might have, like the myriad of danmaku-like spells from a potential sorcerer or wizard (cloud of knives immediately comes to mind). The point with the monk was to show how even with similar abilities, the Hydra still proves a challenge.
Yeah makes sense (I never know how to properly translate the saves in DND, sometimes you get a nat 20 and obliterate an enemy and against the same enemy you get a nat 1 and break your hand)
Quite simply, the hydra unironically outskills her, and I would also argue it has the stamina to keep up with her blows.
Maybe? again dont know how to translate abilities and stuff

Yeah makes sense (I never know how to properly translate the saves in DND, sometimes you get a nat 20 and obliterate an enemy and against the same enemy you get a nat 1 and break your hand)

Here we take the average roll of 10. Since the take 10 mechanic is canonical, and also eliminates the random chances. By eliminating the roll factor, the number that's left behind becomes a layer of resistance.

Also, since 10 is the average stat of a Commoner (a normal human), by having no modifier (being +0), it counts as "no resistance".

However, in the case of a reflex save, we take it as merely that, reflexes (see combat speed).

Adventurers and monsters can keep on fighting at top condition even when suffering mutilation. In fact, it is noted in the manuals that until an adventurer falls into a death saving throw, it will continue to adventure as usual (until actual exhaustion, which takes entire days depending on their constitution score on a 1-to-1 basis).

The Hydra specially is the king of this ability, as even with a single one of their heads, they still retain quite the danger.

Eh, the lizard girl seems to have little abilities available to but the hydra by her own, hydra's regen does not consume stamina a difference from Tokage's and the creature have 5 heads attacking her at the time; assuming even that Tokage is enough intelligence to not start cutting heads, she has not several options... plus if her parts are engulfed by the hydra the effectivity of her Lizard Tail Splitter is reduced (unless you argue that she can attacks the hydra from the creature's insides).
Here we take the average roll of 10. Since the take 10 mechanic is canonical, and also eliminates the random chances. By eliminating the roll factor, the number that's left behind becomes a layer of resistance.
Although, this rule only apply to skill checks, and technically does not exist for the current editions.
Adventurers and monsters can keep on fighting at top condition even when suffering mutilation. In fact, it is noted in the manuals that until an adventurer falls into a death saving throw, it will continue to adventure as usual (until actual exhaustion, which takes entire days depending on their constitution score on a 1-to-1 basis).
To be fair, current DnD does not expand into mutilation too much; former editions, however, consider broken bones, bleeding and severed limbs/heads a possibility, and one adventures wouldn't fare well in these conditions.

assuming even that Tokage is enough intelligence to not start cutting heads, she has not several options...
Can she even cut the head, she seems to mainly pummel the enemy with body parts
Although, this rule only apply to skill checks, and technically does not exist for the current editions.
Meh, it's still the statistical average of a d20 dice which is what you roll for most stuff so

Can she even cut the head, she seems to mainly pummel the enemy with body parts
Without bladed weapons, she hardly can, but I doubt she would even try.
Meh, it's still the statistical average of a d20 dice which is what you roll for most stuff so
Then, that would be the current accepted standard, not the "take 10/20" rule from the game.

And just to get this concluded

Hydra FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

I'm gonna go ahead and redo this, but with the 8-B key. Besides an AP advantage, not much has changed

Back