• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Darkness (The Deep Sleep) CRT

In fact, I think this CRT should be done early.

The content:
Upgrade The Darkness from Low 2-C to 2-C because multiverse exists in scriptwelder verse. (including The Deep Sleep series and Don't Escape series)

In Don't Escape 4, Sidereal Plexus, an in-universe company, has found the existence of at least 32 universes and close connections to the dream world in The Deep Sleep. (Actually, if player plays Don't Escape 4 after beating it once, the player will be able to see The Shadow People) Given that The Darkness can attack victim in "awake world", it is safe to assume that the ability applied in all the known universes.

(The links are linked to http://www.siderealplexus.com, the website exists for pretending that the company exists in real life. For anyone who does not play Don't Escape 4, the user is "qwert" and the password is "admin1")

Another possibly useful explanation video:

Last edited:
Could you please put either timestamps in the video of where certain statements come from or upload specific statements on Imgur? Also, most people one the site get weary about websites requiring log ins. Though, I did see a "32 worlds" statement, but where does worlds being universes come from?

Could you please put either timestamps in the video of where certain statements come from or upload specific statements on Imgur? Also, most people one the site get weary about websites requiring log ins. Though, I did see a "32 worlds" statement, but where does worlds being universes come from?
I am unable to put the exact statement. Also, this website's login request is to pretend to be the said in-universe company.

Crimson_Azoth may know this since he is the one who stated that the profile is outdated, but he is retired. Could you help call the knowledge member of the verse? (Crimson Azoth and Sans2345)

Last edited:
I believe the worlds are in the millions coming from playthroughs of Don't Escape 4 where a abandoned Sidreal Plexis lab listing our base universe as around 1,000,000? Which increases with a million every playthrough.

Edit: It is 100,000 and here are the screenshots:
unknown.png
unknown.png

And here is the link for evidence of it increasing every playthrough

Last edited:
I believe the worlds are in the millions coming from playthroughs of Don't Escape 4 where a abandoned Sidreal Plexis lab listing our base universe as around 1,000,000? Which increases with a million every playthrough.

Edit: It is 100,000 and here are the screenshots:
unknown.png
unknown.png

And here is the link for evidence of it increasing every playthrough
Thank you for the picture. At least the 32 universes can be reliably confirmed. Looks like the purpose of the CRT is:
1. Confirm that the The Deep Sleep verse and Don't Escape verse are the same verse.
2. Confirm that the "combined" verse has concept of multiverse (at least 32, possibly 100,000 but awaiting for verifying).
3. Given that the ability of The Darkness, its range and (possibly) AP will be upgraded.

Okay, this is looking more interesting; especially with the 2-B stuff by the looks of it.

Thank you for the picture. At least the 32 universes can be reliably confirmed. Looks like the purpose of the CRT is:
1. Confirm that the The Deep Sleep verse and Don't Escape verse are the same verse.
2. Confirm that the "combined" verse has concept of multiverse (at least 32, possibly 100,000 but awaiting for verifying).
3. Given that the ability of The Darkness, its range and (possibly) AP will be upgraded.
SP stand for Sidereal Plexus. Every number designates a universe, SP-04 (I believe that is how you put it) has multiple people coming from that universe to ours, with ours (originally) being designated SP-100009, and with our second playthrough we are projected into the mind and bodies of themselves from universe SP-200009

To be more specific, SP-1 or SP-01 is the main world where Sidereal Plexus comes from. It managed to unlock the ability to transport minds and other mind through technology/Deep Sleep, which allows them to expand into other universes, establish Sidereal Plexus, and funneling technology. Every Earth inhabited by Sidereal Plexus has its own designation, in order.

Edit: You can explore the website here, Username is qwert and password is admin1

Info Edit: The designate SP's by ones where SP has found out about, SP-544 is a world where Sidereal Plexus were not established.

To be more specific, SP-1 or SP-01 is the main world where Sidereal Plexus comes from. It managed to unlock the ability to transport minds and other mind through technology/Deep Sleep, which allows them to expand into other universes, establish Sidereal Plexus, and funneling technology. Every Earth inhabited by Sidereal Plexus has its own designation, in order.

Edit: You can explore the website here, Username is qwert and password is admin1
I have explore the website and you can see that in the head post.

Crystals are what SP uses for their Travels, and are only found on the dark side of the moon. 32 (33+ in context) have had the moon fragment due to pressure of the mining, but it is unknown how it happens. (lol but not really, Traveling can "break the fabric space-time" and causes the moon to fragment)

Crystals are what SP uses for their Travels, and are only found on the dark side of the moon. 32 (33+ in context) have had the moon fragment due to pressure of the mining, but it is unknown how it happens. (lol but not really, Traveling can "break the fabric space-time" and causes the moon to fragment)
Don't Escape 3's plot is about how a man is controlled by the Crystals. But this CRT is about The Darkness (The Deep Sleep) along with other goal mentioned above, so I'll keep it on-topic.

Alright y'all. Excellent timing for this CRT as I returned to the wiki not too long ago.

The number of universes in the 'scripwelder multiverse' isn't really defined, but we know that we have at least 32 distinct universes through all the possible combinations and permutations of Don't Escape 4. This increases to 33 when the world from Don't Escape 3 is considered, which is SP-1. So there are at least 33 universes.

My main issue with this is that The Darkness is not a figure that controls or creates universes. It is the 'god' figure of the Dream Dimension, which is sort of a space between worlds, and the place that Sidereal Plexus sends its employees through when it sends them to other universes. There isn't really evidence that it can control these other universes, and it's influence there doesn't go beyond pulling the player from the 'real world' to the Dream Dimension in The Deep Sleep 2 and 3.

I mentioned earlier about how the Darkness's Low 2-C rating didn't sit well with me. That was because I wasn't convinced that the Dream Dimension was a full, complete universe. The size of the Dream Dimension appears to be at least that of a small city, and I don't recall seeing stars in the night sky when the player was outside. I would more lean towards a downgrade than an upgrade for the Darkness.

Alright y'all. Excellent timing for this CRT as I returned to the wiki not too long ago.

The number of universes in the 'scripwelder multiverse' isn't really defined, but we know that we have at least 32 distinct universes through all the possible combinations and permutations of Don't Escape 4. This increases to 33 when the world from Don't Escape 3 is considered, which is SP-1. So there are at least 33 universes.

My main issue with this is that The Darkness is not a figure that controls or creates universes. It is the 'god' figure of the Dream Dimension, which is sort of a space between worlds, and the place that Sidereal Plexus sends its employees through when it sends them to other universes. There isn't really evidence that it can control these other universes, and it's influence there doesn't go beyond pulling the player from the 'real world' to the Dream Dimension in The Deep Sleep 2 and 3.

I mentioned earlier about how the Darkness's Low 2-C rating didn't sit well with me. That was because I wasn't convinced that the Dream Dimension was a full, complete universe. The size of the Dream Dimension appears to be at least that of a small city, and I don't recall seeing stars in the night sky when the player was outside. I would more lean towards a downgrade than an upgrade for the Darkness.
Well we have at least 100009, 200009 on the second play through, and keep on adding 100k every playthrough.

And the darkness actually connects the consciousness of people from all over the multiverse in a state of Deep Sleep, such as comas. This allows travel to all universes through transporting ones mind into anothers, and The Darkness is capable of attacking people out of the Deep Sleep state and in other universes. This at least gives it 2-B range. The Dream Dimension actually has its own separate timescale and timeline demonstrated with the True Ending of Deeper Sleep and Felicity. This was created by The Darkness. The Darkness links the entire Dream Dimension together, and can access the multiverse to bring people from universes into the Dream Dimension.

So if the 2-B tier doesn't pull through, it would 100% have 2-B range.

Last edited:
See, the issue is, we can't state whether each one of those is a separate universe, it's just an identifier for a universe. Think of it like a cars VIN. It has 17 digits, with letters and numbers, that is space for one hundred quadrillion cars at least. It is likely that Sidereal Plexus did a numerical increase, but we can't be sure, and it is best to err on the side of caution

See, the issue is, we can't state whether each one of those is a separate universe, it's just an identifier for a universe. Think of it like a cars VIN. It has 17 digits, with letters and numbers, that is space for one hundred quadrillion cars at least. It is likely that Sidereal Plexus did a numerical increase, but we can't be sure, and it is best to err on the side of caution
This is to my knowledge not the case. SP-1 is the original timeline of Sidereal Plexus, with SP-4 being the fourth universe traversed to. There are 32 universes known to have experienced the Lunar Incident. SP-1271, SP-1272, SP-1273 and SP-1274 (all numbered universes in order) have experienced this, including SP-100009. SP-17321 is the location of Dont Escape, with SP-82311 being the location of Dont Escape 2. Dont Escape 3 is in SP-1 and Dont Escape 4 takes place in (at the start) SP-100009. There are no anti-feats to support that there are not universes between or over SP-1 and SP-100009.

For Crimson_Azoth's downgrade suggestion, the question is that the dream world is different in The Deep Sleep, The Deeper Sleep and The Deepest Sleep. Also, even if The Darkness does not have the control ability, it has the range.

For Crimson_Azoth's downgrade suggestion, the question is that the dream world is different in The Deep Sleep, The Deeper Sleep and The Deepest Sleep. Also, even if The Darkness does not have the control ability, it has the range.
I'm unfamiliar with this, can you explain?

I'm unfamiliar with this, can you explain?
For the range, in The Deeper Sleep, the awaken protagonist attempts to check information in the library in "Real World" but the library turns out to be in dream world. In The Deepest Sleep, the "creepy-drawn guy" assaults the protagonist in the real world. Since these feat are in the start part of game, it is not hard to check them out.

(There is a jumpscare and the jumpscare is one of the example)

Actually, The Deep Sleep and The Deeper Sleep all have "first you thought it is in reality but it turns out you're in dream world"

This is to my knowledge not the case. SP-1 is the original timeline of Sidereal Plexus, with SP-4 being the fourth universe traversed to. There are 32 universes known to have experienced the Lunar Incident. SP-1271, SP-1272, SP-1273 and SP-1274 (all numbered universes in order) have experienced this, including SP-100009. SP-17321 is the location of Dont Escape, with SP-82311 being the location of Dont Escape 2. Dont Escape 3 is in SP-1 and Dont Escape 4 takes place in (at the start) SP-100009. There are no anti-feats to support that there are not universes between or over SP-1 and SP-100009.
Awesome. If that's the case, then I'm down with hundreds of thousands of universes

The Dream Dimension is the same. The way I interpreted those scenes from the opening of the game is that The Darkness is exercising its control on the player to be able to drag them back into the Dream Dimension. For some examples, you find similar areas in Deeper as you did in Deep, and the ending of Deepest places you in the exact same location as Deep. I agree with you that The Darkness definitely has at least Universal+ range through those feats, it already has that on its profile.

My main issue is that the number of universes would affect The Darkness's tier only if it could be proven that The Darkness actually created these universes. That is unlikely at best. In my mind, the best thing to do is find the apparent size of the Dream Dimension and scale The Darkness to that.

The Dream Dimension is the same. The way I interpreted those scenes from the opening of the game is that The Darkness is exercising its control on the player to be able to drag them back into the Dream Dimension. For some examples, you find similar areas in Deeper as you did in Deep, and the ending of Deepest places you in the exact same location as Deep. I agree with you that The Darkness definitely has at least Universal+ range through those feats, it already has that on its profile.

My main issue is that the number of universes would affect The Darkness's tier only if it could be proven that The Darkness actually created these universes. That is unlikely at best. In my mind, the best thing to do is find the apparent size of the Dream Dimension and scale The Darkness to that.
The range is likely at least Interdimensional in my opinion. Interdimensional is stated to be "Attacks and abilities that can reach beyond the conventional space-time of a single universe, such as into external pocket realities or parts of other universes, but that may not necessarily travel a universal distance." It means that even if we downgrade dream dimension, the Interdimensional range still apply.

Interdimensional sounds better to me. We have evidence that The Darkness can attack between universes, such as the opening of Deeper and Deepest, so it is at least Interdimensional. Multiversal requires that anywhere between 1001 to a higher finite number of universes are affected at the same time, which The Darkness hasn't shown the ability to do. As of right now, it has only shown the ability to affect part of another single universe, which is textbook Interdimensional.

Interdimensional sounds better to me. We have evidence that The Darkness can attack between universes, such as the opening of Deeper and Deepest, so it is at least Interdimensional. Multiversal requires that anywhere between 1001 to a higher finite number of universes are affected at the same time, which The Darkness hasn't shown the ability to do. As of right now, it has only shown the ability to affect part of another single universe, which is textbook Interdimensional.
It can attack multiple universes. Shadow people have at least the range of 200009 universes because that is the universe they appear in on the second playthrough of Dont Escape 4. Range is the max distance one can attack, not the minimum they can attack from. The Darkness upscales from Shadow people's range, therefore having Multiversal range. Though he has been able to create a "physical" form and attack interdimensional, this does not limit him to only being to affect 1 universe close to him, as he can affect as I said a universe far, far away from a standard 4D space-time continuum.

The Scriptwelder multiverse has the Dream Dimension is a focal point between all universes, and where Travelers pass through to travel from one universe to another. This is how Sidereal were able to transport people through universes, by passing through the Dream Dimension. The energy required to get to the Dream Dimension from any universe is exactly the same (seen through all universes at the end of Don't Escape 4 having the same requirements to leave), implying that all universes are equidistant from the Dream Dimension.

The Shadow People also do not have a range of 200,009 universes, they are based in the Dream Dimension, which is a single pocket realm. The fact that they can be sent to another universe is testament to the Interdimensional range. The fact that they can be found in universe 200,009 does not mean that they had to pass through the other 200,008 universes before getting to that point, as all universes are more or less equidistant from the Dream Dimension. Also, the numbering system for universes is based on Sidereal Plexus, and likely lists universes in the order by which they are found (SP-1 is the first universe, etc), meaning that a universe with a higher number is not necessarily closer or further away than any other universe.

So, yes, while the Darkness has been shown to affect multiple universes, it has never shown the ability to affect multiple universes at the same time, which is the requirement for Multiversal.

The Scriptwelder multiverse has the Dream Dimension is a focal point between all universes, and where Travelers pass through to travel from one universe to another. This is how Sidereal were able to transport people through universes, by passing through the Dream Dimension. The energy required to get to the Dream Dimension from any universe is exactly the same (seen through all universes at the end of Don't Escape 4 having the same requirements to leave), implying that all universes are equidistant from the Dream Dimension.

The Shadow People also do not have a range of 200,009 universes, they are based in the Dream Dimension, which is a single pocket realm. The fact that they can be sent to another universe is testament to the Interdimensional range. The fact that they can be found in universe 200,009 does not mean that they had to pass through the other 200,008 universes before getting to that point, as all universes are more or less equidistant from the Dream Dimension. Also, the numbering system for universes is based on Sidereal Plexus, and likely lists universes in the order by which they are found (SP-1 is the first universe, etc), meaning that a universe with a higher number is not necessarily closer or further away than any other universe.

So, yes, while the Darkness has been shown to affect multiple universes, it has never shown the ability to affect multiple universes at the same time, which is the requirement for Multiversal.
Ok.

I agree.

Bump. It is hard for us to determine actual size of the dream world. (Escpecially you can consider the dream in Don't Escape 4 as part of dream world since the Shadow People appears)

In the original Deep Sleep, after breaking out of the hotel, you end up on a beach with an ocean that stretches to the horizon. In The Deeper Sleep, on the other side of the hotel, there is a large forest. However, in the beach scene, we get a good look at the night sky, and there is no stars or anything. In my mind, the Dream Dimension is anywhere from the size of a city to a planet, but no larger than that.

I would love to add an image but idk how to add screenshots in this new forum

Back