• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Celestial Mountain RP - Thread

Meta Thread

As you get near the Celestial Mountain, you black out...
Your senses are turned off and your perception changes completely. When you wake, you find yourself in a dark corridor which is only lit by dim blue ceiling lights. As you look around you, you realize that at your back there is nothing but darkness; and if you were to try and approach or go into the darkness you would find it impossible. This clearly indicates that there is only one direction for you to go.

If one were to pay a bit more attention, they would realize that it's an oddly pristine place. Nothing is out of shape, old, or worn. Every doorknob is polished to perfection and even the floor below you looks to be in a suspiciously clean state. Normally, even on clean floors, one would see some indication of past spills, markings, tracks, etc. However, none of that was present in this corridor. It was as if it had just been built and no one had ever walked through or touched anything in the corridor...

As you look further down the corridor, you see that it seems to end at some point and open into a larger area.

[You're all in different corridors, so you cannot see each other... yet.]
Dark Corridor Pictures | Download Free Images on Unsplash

"What a rude reception." Azeria exclaimed after finding herself in the strange corridor in the wake of losing consciousness.

She tries touching the darkness and finds it impenetrable. As such she starts walking towards the end of the corridor.

"...Ah."

Zephyr's senses spring into action as they look around the environment. "Unusually free of microbal lifeforms, or wear and tear. Cleaner than the hovel that is home, I suppose."

Touching the darkness, The scientist indeed finds it impossible to pass through.

"Hm. Unusual. An imperceptible barrier? It won't even let light through... Interesting."

Marking their discoveries down in their mind, Zephyr begins to make their way through the corridor, analyzing tiny details like that all the while.

The only things she hears is her own breathing which concerns her. She reaches down her side. It's still there it, but it probably wouldn't help much. She walks forward slowly at first before bursting into a sprint towards the end of the corridor.

"Magic I suppose has to be behind this" I say walking down the hall carefully, one of my hands would be glowing with a Green energy ready for anything

"What is..." The small sized robot closed his eyes and quickly opened them. "...This place... Is quite weird, nowhere to go except..." He quickly comes to find out the darkness can't be penetrated normally. As he sighs, then going walking to the end of the corridor, various thoughts flowing... But not saying anything much yet.

So this is what this realm looks like? Somehow I expected more, but that's an unfounded assumption in retrospect.

Havhel rights himself from the sudden disorientation associated with approaching the mountain and his sudden appearance in this corridor. While he can comfortable fit within the corridor, he imagines that another person of average size could not do so. After a moment of thought, he moves forwards, towards the perceived opening further along.

Awakening from this sudden incapacitation, Gray will stand back up on his feet, recomposing himself. "Urg, that was unpleasant." Gray, scratching the back of his head, then takes in his surroundings looking at the almost never ending hallway in front of him, then back at the black void. "Hmm, guess there's now way back now huh?" He then beings walking down the almost endless hallway, lowering his visor and placing a loose but vigilant hand on the hilt of his long sword at his hip.

Beatrice looked around the area as she cautiously moved forward. Half expecting demons, she was ready to unleash lightning bolts, telekinesis and fireballs to destroy anything that made a wrong move.

A certain white haired mage awakened to find himself in this strange place.

"A transport spell?"

He wondered out loud, heading down the corridor while inscribing a Clairvoyance rune, to tell what was going on past his immediate sight.

"It would seem I've been summoned to parts unknown" Faine speaks in a hushed tone.

"Perhaps the work of the emperor?, No something like this is beneath him besides I do not recognize the smell or taste of this air and this architecture most certainly does not belong to the worlds that I'm aware of".

Faine then waves his hand and from it emerges a black ball of feathers, he then whispers to it "scout the area" and hurls the black mass down the corridor.

The fighter in particular was rather jarred by the sudden change in scenery, having shifted from the usual grassy plains and mountains they were used to, to the cold and minimalist corridor nearby, a scene almost totally alien to them. Their reaction was outwardly not extreme though

”Odd…”

Waking up from the blackout, Adamas looks around itself, quickly assesting it's surronding.

"A trap already ? ... or perhaps, this is simply how you enter in such a place ?"

The holy knight contemplates, but alas, there's not much they can do in their current situation but going foward, as such they do.

I wake up to the cold steel touching my face. It's chilly, almost painfully so. Luckily, a set of armor protects my body from. Or perhaps, that was all just in his head.

Inland Empire: Things are about to get funky. Waking up inside a empty corridor?

Perception: Clean to utter perfection, nonetheless?

Shivers: This can only mean...

Logic: A kidnapping. You were drugged and brought to a crime ring.

Inland Empire: NO! You entered The Mountain at last. It is time to prove your soul is true!

...why is my head speaking to me? Whatever. I just walk to the end of the hall, openings the doors around while going forth.

''Interesting.'' he said observing his surroundings.

''Better get going to the lights then.'' he said while going there.

Mal’s eyes began to glow as he powered up. As he perceives his environment he gets nervous. As far as he knew humans had not mastered teleportation so this might not be good. He flew towards the end of the corridor at top speed, eager to get to a more open space and find out what’s going on.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

Cyril's clairvoyance rune fails to tell him anything beyond that there is an open space at the end of the corridor.

@CrimsonStarFallen

It seems the doors are sealed shut. Even with your incredible strength, you can't seem to open a single door you come across.

@The_Axiom_of_Virgo

As the black mass familiar reaches the end of the corridor it finds:

@Everyone

As you reach the end of the corridor, you find a wide-open landing of some sort. It appears as some kind of expensive-looking hotel lobby.
e6d4ade5-8d87-42c4-be1b-cb1e70ccb708-the-castle-hotel.jpg

The lobby has many corridors branching out in many different directions, you see others exit from these corridors and come into the larger lobby (Other PCs). Somehow, despite the corridors being dark and dim, the lobby itself is bright and cheery. It's atmosphere completely blows over one's expectations, and if you weren't careful, you might even forget the bizarre situation you're in and just appreciate the beauty of your surroundings.

Despite the lobby being somewhat large. Seemingly like it's meant to house hundreds of people, it is almost completely empty in terms of people. The only individuals present are the ones who came through the corridors into the lobby and...

A lone woman sitting at the lobby's front desk in a computer chair, a slight smile upon her face as she gazes over those who are entering the lobby.
Office lady [Original] - Imgur

"For there to be this many of you who made it all at once... This was quite the enthralling happenstance."

If you were to get close enough to read her nametag, you would see that it reads "I am Rissa Mirai"

"This is true but what does it matter? I know stranger things have happened and will continue to happen." I say taking a seat on a couch turning the safety of my weapon and putting it under an area covered by my dress

Mal was caught off guard. ‘Humans in the flesh... I’ve watched videos and read books but I didn’t think I’d see some here.’ He thought as he took in the scenery before asking “Were any of you trying go towards a mountain before getting teleported here by any chance?”

Mal was caught off guard. ‘Humans in the flesh... I’ve watched videos and read books but I didn’t think I’d see some here.’ He thought as he took in the scenery before asking “Were any of you trying go towards a mountain before getting teleported here by any chance?”
''No i was practicing spatial magic but i wasn`t doing teleportation, i was doing portals.'' he said.

"I suppose we should get introductions out of the way, then."

The scientist turned to those that had emerged, and bowed, a confident smirk on their face. it was impossible to determine whether or not they were a man or a woman from their appearance alone.

"My name is Zephyr Highwind, and I'm the one who's going to dethrone God."

"Strange, I haven't seen something so... Elegent in a long time." He then looks at the others arriving from different corridors and judging from their expressions they seem to be in the same boat he is in. "Hmm, seems I wasn't the only one to venture towards the mountain, the names Gray."

14 other people exit similar corridors as mine. The difference in this place to the corridor is noticible, almost feels at home. A woman sits on the back end of the lobby-like place.

Perspective: You can make out a card in her. "I am Rissa Mirai". Must be her name.

Electrochemistry: She makes your neurons fire up.

Taking a lot at my other companions...

Interface: The most notable one is easily the 10 feet tall robot. Whoever build him must have been a genius.

They seem to be introducing themselves. I don't have much interest in that and glance at that Rissa Mirai woman. I take a few steps towards her.

"Hey. Where are we, exactly? Truth be told, I'm totally lost."

The martial artist was considering staying silent for now, not seeing the need to introduce themselve, but they supposed that it would probably make them seem antagonistic and they couldn’t afford that when they didn’t know much about their current situation. So, with notable annoyance, they spoke up

”I’m Zhong Yi, a wandering fighter. This is certainly an interesting place…”

Neron saw these people coming in and would give them a quick cursory look at just looking at anything unusual that differentiates a normal person from these followers.

He then he turned to Zephyr's words as he thought of something.

Simply remembering the thoughts of some of his colleagues at the idea of creating a device known as the eye of harmony, this being his motivation to get here.

"I am Neron Sigma"

(Turning on the autopilot why am I going to bed)

As the massive figure, Havhel, exits the corridor and into the lobby-area, he takes an unusual interest in the area itself. While the conversations happening elsewhere are registered, he seems almost transfixed on some other thought entirely. Primarily, the sheer excessive scale and ornateness of this place immediately triggers alarm bells within his head, bringing to mind thoughts of some kind of elaborate trap. This is slightly assuaged as he takes a more significant interest in the others around the area and the woman in the center, but he does not move much at all from the immediate point he ended up in.

“I remember the name my creators gave me but after looking through books on robotics I decided Mal is a fitting name for me. After I was granted sentience by...” He looked at his plant covered body then turns back to the others “HER...I set out to restore my planet back to a state where humans can thrive again. The mountain can give me what I want.”

Having taken a bit to walk out of the corridor... out would slowly come a tiny robot with blue hair. Sword with him, as he looks... rather confused. Especially at seeing all these people. Then he would notice Rissa Mirai... and that nametag. Huh? What.... No mattter, try to pay no mind. First...

...All these beings who looked kinda interesting. Maybe he could have a little conversation with them. Even if he didn't look fully robotic, the rest would be able to notice that he is due to the sound of his steps.

"It seems I'm among peers," Zephyr looked around. "Fellow scholars of the intellectual. Good; I won't have to waste my time on silly things like Mysticism here, I hope."

"Scho...lars of intellect?" The robot would question, eaves dropping a bit. "...I assume you're some kind of scientist yeah?" He would say, not having had listened to introductions and all.

"Correct. Roboticist, Physicist, Biologist, et cetera. It's nice to have someone who doesn't react to that knowledge with attempting to end my life."

"H-Huh... so in your world science is straight up banned..." He was a bit taken aback by that. However... he would nod. "Yeah... it's nice to not be threatened by people upon first sight. I know how that feels but... I think you have it worse hehe."

"I am a bioengineer with some knowledge of physics and I have not seen evidence we have anyone here with more mystical knowledge than the apprentice unless the others that have not left their corridors are experts." I say.

"Why the hostility towards magic? On my world both magic and science work together and created wondrous things when used together." he said

"I don't have anything against magic. It was only a year ago I learn other worlds had it because mine didn't." I say.

"Personally I don't know much about science or magic on my own so I don't have very... strict opinions on them. I just know that they exist, and the former is why I also exist."

“Magic? In my world magic is a simple fairytale. It’s quite clear our universes are vastly different.” Mal said. The idea that magic was apparently a thing was yet another that caused Mal to pause.

Back