• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As @DemonGodMitchAubin has already said, Tsuru's statement does not refer to anywhere in the world being safe for her. It refers to the fact that there's nowhere on Marineford that she can be where she'd be safe. She says it in response to another Marine who tells her to hang back.

Obviously she's not speaking about retreating halfway across the planet from Whitebeard.

As @DemonGodMitchAubin has already said, Tsuru's statement does not refer to anywhere in the world being safe for her. It refers to the fact that there's nowhere on Marineford that she can be where she'd be safe. She says it in response to another Marine who tells her to hang back.

Obviously she's not speaking about retreating halfway across the planet from Whitebeard.
Not the only evidence Damage.

Just because the earthquake hit a random island on the Grand Line doesn't mean you are entitled to use its full width for the method.

Plus the use of magnitude VI for the earthquake is not supported, animals become very anxious and frightened before humans can even feel the earthquake hit them, running away like the image showcased.

Just because the earthquake hit a random island on the Grand Line doesn't mean you are entitled to use its full width for the method.
The island didn't even know that Whitebeard's war was happening. Its clearly far away. Also blues are anxious about the event.
Plus the use of magnitude VI for the earthquake is not supported, animals become very anxious and frightened before humans can even feel the earthquake hit them, running away like the image showcased.
We can see slight shaking in the mountain. Also "If the world is still here". People believe that this can level there islands, and probably kill them.

The island didn't even know that Whitebeard's war was happening. Its clearly far away. Also blues are anxious about the event.
I have the feeling that this argument have already been brought up before, many, many times with this feat.
We can see slight shaking in the mountain. Also "If the world is still here". People believe that this can level there islands, and probably kill them.
Pretty sure we don't use that as a proof of it being a strong earthquake, it just there to represent things are shaking, I see no reason to use Magnitude 5 over 4.

I have the feeling that this argument have already been brought up before, many, many times with this feat.
Cool.
Pretty sure we don't use that as a proof of it being a strong earthquake, it just there to represent things are shaking, I see no reason to use Magnitude 5 over 4.
Things shaking does not entail a threat to the civilization of the island. Which its clearly implied to be.

Sengoku's statement is also nice evidence in my mind. The Vivre cards backs it up.
自由と家族を愛し抜いた"白ひげ"の大海賊!!!0

かつて海賊王”と鎬を削り、大海賊時代以前から畏れられた“世界最強の男”。世界を滅ぼしうるほどの力”グラグラ”を有しながらも、その男"白ひげ”ことエドワー・ニューゲートは遂に、宿敵の遺産に手をかけようとはしなかった。彼は既に、自身の宝を手にしていたからである。それは海原を征く「自由」と、愛すべき「家族」だった。

The great pirate "Whitebeard" who loved freedom and his family!!!

"The world's most powerful man" who was once in fierce competition with the "Pirate King" and was feared even before the age of the great pirates. Despite possessing the "wobble" power that could destroy the world, Edward Newgate, a.k.a. "Whitebeard," finally refused to lay a hand on the legacy of his old enemy. He had already obtained his own treasure. It was "freedom" to conquer the seas and a beloved "family".

Things shaking does not entail a threat to the civilization of the island. Which its clearly implied to be.
And clearly didn't happen because this earthquake was too weak from that far to break anything on that island.

Showings have precedent.

Just translating the actual texts if needed
ONE-PIECE-57-p036.jpg

おつるさんアンタ下がってなよ!!

洒落臭い事言うんじゃないよひよこ共

氷塊へ艦をつけろォ!!!

海の果てまで下がっても安全な場所なんてありゃしないよ
—————————
Deepl:
Otsuru-san, get back here!

Don't talk nonsense, chicks!

Get to the ice block!

There's no safe place to go down to the edge of the sea.
Google translate:
Otsuru-san, don't get down!!

Don't say anything fancy, you chicks

Attach the ship to the ice block!!!

Even if you go down to the end of the sea, there's no place that's safe

And clearly didn't happen because this earthquake was too weak from that far to break anything on that island.

Showings have precedent.
Whitebeard's quakes throughout the arc are shown to be held back. Blackbeard was unskilled with it and we see him cause a tsunami.

What else do you want? Three calc group members have posted here saying they don't support the calc.

You haven't debunked the arguments.

You don't have any actual proof of distance here; just assumptions. I see no good reason to use this calc.

Naw moron said they’re debunked so they must be debunked, sorry damage 😔

But in all seriousness dude 3 CGM rejected, you don’t get to decide if the CGM evaluation is valid, only CGM have that jurisdiction.

You haven't debunked the arguments.

You don't have any actual proof of distance here; just assumptions. I see no good reason to use this calc.
You haven't read them. The statement is clearly the whole ocean. I've quoted all your points, and by refusing to address them and just saying they are invalid you only make yourself look like a goon.
Naw moron said they’re debunked so they must be debunked, sorry damage 😔
Shut up and actually debate instead of ignoring me, you 4-star wanker.
But in all seriousness dude 3 CGM rejected, you don’t get to decide if the CGM evaluation is valid, only CGM have that jurisdiction.
I thought I had the right to give counter points. Isn't that what a debate is?

"No Proof"
1. Tsuru's Statement
2. Databook Statements
3. Actually seeing an island so far off that the people don't know who Whitebeard is being affected. To give context in some blues people think Devil Fruits are just urban legends and even the blues know what's happening.
4. Civilian Statements
5. Sengoku's Statement

"No Proof"
1. Tsuru's Statement
2. Databook Statements
3. Actually seeing an island so far off that the people don't know who Whitebeard is being affected. To give context in some blues people think Devil Fruits are just urban legends and even the blues know what's happening.
4. Civilian Statements
5. Sengoku's Statement
None of these pieces of evidence have anything to do with the width of the Grand Line.

None of these pieces of evidence have anything to do with the width of the Grand Line.
Yes they do.
Tsuru says that the end of the sea would not be safe.
Databooks state that he could destroy the world. Doing immense damage to the Grand Line would be similar. Same for Sengoku.
Civilians in all 4 blues panic. There is a large distance between them.
This calc is heavily low balled btw.

Yes they do.
Tsuru says that the end of the sea would not be safe.
This doesn't convince me that the width of the Grand Line is a suitable value here.

Databooks state that he could destroy the world. Doing immense damage to the Grand Line would be similar. Same for Sengoku.
Until we get further clarification for those statements, I don't take the "world destroying" statements seriously. It'd also be a substantial outlier compared to his actual feats.

Civilians in all 4 blues panic. There is a large distance between them.
People mostly only know Whitebeard by legends and myths. Some people in the Blue Seas don't even know details that well about Devil Fruits. And we haven't been shown that any user of the Gura Gura no Mi can affect people in other seas yet.

This calc is heavily low balled btw.
I don't careh ow lowballed it is. I'm not in favor of it as it stands.

This doesn't convince me that the width of the Grand Line is a suitable value here.
Why the hell not?
Until we get further clarification for those statements, I don't take the "world destroying" statements seriously. It'd also be a substantial outlier compared to his actual feats.
Further clarification? Is "The power to destroy the world" from someone who has fought Whitebeard, and a databook not enough? And as for outlier, it really isn't. Whitebeard is holding his quakes back throughout the entire war, and when Blackbeard slips a little he causes a tsunami at Sabody. Mind you Blackbeard is also trying to control his power.
People mostly only know Whitebeard by legends and myths. Some people in the Blue Seas don't even know details that well about Devil Fruits. And we haven't been shown that any user of the Gura Gura no Mi can affect people in other seas yet.
Yes we have. People all across the Grand Line are panicking btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back