• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Boys - Homelander (and Soldier Boy) resistances adition

This is cherry picking.
No, it's common sense. No one would use a nuke to kill Homelander, not even Butcher.
This isn't brought up because the resistance is total head-canon fan fiction.
No, it's just common sense there too.
Soldier Boy being affected by drugs proves any writing blind spot is on the table.
Drugs don't kill Soldier Boy.
Homelander has x-ray vision and enhanced hearing to sense people he can't see.
Homelander is not going to pay attention to absolutely everyone who passes by him, especially if there are hundreds of them, and then you can easily throw poison or acid on his head. Same if you use a sniper with a syringe.
It debunks everything if his body cannot resist radiation poisoning, because a vague immunity to unconventional harm is the basis of this thread.
Homelander is afraid of losing his powers, not of dying. Soldier Boy's blast is radioactive, yes, but that's not the danger.

Why don't you guys apply 8-A for HL, Butcher, Maeve and SB first instead of waiting for this revision to pass? (8-A was accepted in the previous revision)

This is cherry picking
The guy cherry picking
Why don't you guys apply 8-A for HL, Butcher, Maeve and SB first instead of waiting for this revision to pass? (8-A was accepted in the previous revision)
To kills two birds with one stone, I guess.
I can do it. Though I'll need to publish on the "matches removal thread", since except for one every other HL matches on his profiles is against a 8-B character and... There are a lot.

The guy cherry picking
To kills two birds with one stone, I guess.
I can do it. Though I'll need to publish on the "matches removal thread", since except for one every other HL matches on his profiles is against a 8-B character and... There are a lot.
You can slowly remove them on your own. His profile ain't locked.

No, it's common sense. No one would use a nuke to kill Homelander, not even Butcher.
Luring HL to an isolated area and dropping an A-bomb on him is not impossible. It is never done for the same reason poison isn't, because the show would end too quickly, not because he would survive.
No, it's just common sense there too.
"God tiers should be automatically immune to everything because the writers never considered certain very specific options" is a fallacy, the opposite of common sense.
Drugs don't kill Soldier Boy.
Drugs get him high and put him to sleep, proving invincibility is not all-encompassing.
Homelander is not going to pay attention to absolutely everyone who passes by him, especially if there are hundreds of them, and then you can easily throw poison or acid on his head. Same if you use a sniper with a syringe.
Yet he can pay attention to Hughie sweating and A-Train insulting him, curious.
Homelander is afraid of losing his powers, not of dying. Soldier Boy's blast is radioactive, yes, but that's not the danger.
The whole purpose of using the blast was a means to kill Homelander...

Luring HL to an isolated area and dropping an A-bomb on him is not impossible
Homelander will be able to spot the bomb miles away

God tiers should be automatically immune to everything because the writers never considered certain very specific options" is a fallacy, the opposite of common sense.
Don't be dishonest, that's not my argument. The Boys use the Super Virus in a syringe, if poisons work on HL they would have already used poison in a syringe and wouldn't have been bothered with a Super Virus.

Drugs get him high and put him to sleep, proving invincibility is not all-encompassing.
I don't see what your point is. We do not use the argument of invicibility for the resistances of SB and HL and whether SB is affected by drugs does not matter.

I am speaking in a public place, with hundreds of people gathered, and Homelander's senses won't help. The Boys can therefore throw acid or poison on him in this situation.

No, it's to make him lose his powers. Even Kimiko and Maeve tanked Soldier Boy's blasts.

Luring HL to an isolated area and dropping an A-bomb on him is not impossible. It is never done for the same reason poison isn't, because the show would end too quickly, not because he would survive.
How on Earth would that be an easy task?
You would need: a place to hold HL, something to make sure he doesn't hear the bomb and that he doesn't escape, and of course, that he trustes you to go to such a place.
And that's assuming you can plan all of this without him knowing.
Other option of course is nuking Manhattan without warning. How ethical.
"God tiers should be automatically immune to everything because the writers never considered certain very specific options" is a fallacy, the opposite of common sense.
No, it's because they have no other way, that's literally the story. They couldn't kill Neuman either and HL is even more unkillable.
They can knock out Soldier Boy.... Using poison, not sleep gas, and even he could briefly resist it. Try that on Homie.
His senses are inconsistent, granted.
Because radiation burns Compound V, then he is a normal human that can be killed.

It has been done...(someone else can deal with removing literally every other match on the profiles though)

Back