• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
No?

She is pretty obviously smarter which is the thing that matters the most against Mami.

Besides I was talking about mindset. If we know that Mami starts with ribbon traps, she has the edge as we don't know Boss's first move and only a handful are useful

Actually, this is Iron saint armor I just remembered, so I'm actually uncertain about his mindset....

Gargoyle One said:
Actually, this is Iron saint armor I just remembered, so I'm actually uncertain about his mindset....
Its the same mindest as the boss, there's literally no change in mindset

Really?

I could have sworn he was more bloodthirsty but serious in that armor.

Then again, I (regretfully) haven't played SR4 since it released.

I mean not really? The Boss was pissed off and trying to kill Zinyak when he obtained the armor but other than that there's really no change

Well from what i'm reading I think that i'll vote Mami (what a twist ovo).

Way smarter, enough AP to one shot while Boss needs to use hax weapons to get trough her shields/forcefields (he can still one shot with anything if he gets a direct hit on her tho), and she seems more willing to hax at the start given that we know that she leads with ribbon traps while it's unknown what Boss does (plus he seems to have the same mentality as Homura who loses to Mami like, always).

Mami for Kal's reasons, additionally for having superior range to most (not saying all) of his weapons, making it even harder to hit her.

@Starry

It's actually 2-2 given that both Kyle and Glass voted Boss (Although one voted for reasons above before anyone did and the other is more or less "Boss via hax")

What exactly is stopping the boss from avoiding the ribbon when she tries to use them on him? If he sees theyre trying to grab him he's gonna put up an aura to destroy them.

I really need to update his intelligence section, its...lacking

Unless the aura ignores durability, the ribbons are fine because ribbons durability = False Mami's AP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mami >>>> second timeline Madoka > Patricia = 18 megatons.

Ice aura freezes at absolute zero, explosion aura turns stuff around the boss into explosions, and bling aura turns things into solid gold statues

Ok, so he could probably avoid it. Which are the weapons with kilometers of range? Mami in character abuses it quite a bit (she is good in CQC but she prefers fighting at range) so those are going to be the main stuff going for him

The Sniper Rifle, Abduction Gun, Disintegrator, and if used in an open area the RPG and Dominator. Projectiles thrown with Telekinesis also have this range, including the projectiles affected by Lightning Telekinesis, which makes them into mobile tesla coils, and Explosion Telekinesis, which turns them into bombs.

Also, the Disentigrator may be able to get past Mami's forcefields seeing as it can pierce through Zin Force Shields with a single shot (whereas other weapons need to physically destroy them) and kill not only the Zin using the shield, but one or two Zin behind them i theyre lined up right

Do those projectiles need to physically travel towards her?

Does it pierce trough it or overpower it?

Yes, he telekinetically throws them at her

It desintegrates things on contact, and it can desintegrate multiple targets in a line including forcefields

I see. If it becomes a simple gunfight i'll keep my vote for Mami for higher intelligence (I know that it sounds like a lazy vote but we are talking about someone who defeated Homura Akemi in spite of the latter literally knowing Mami's powers better than Mami herself due to 12 years of time loops)

I mean the Boss did that too, Zinyak had been observing the Boss and the earth as a whole for years and Zinyak even made premptive moves to make sure the Boss couldnt stop him by doing stuff like kidnap Johnny Gat. Plus the Boss basically fights an entire amry of highly advance aliens 75% of the time in SR4 and rarely has any trouble in doing so.

I mean yeah, but outsmarting Homura is pretty damn difficult to begin with, the fact that she had 12 years to prepare and still lost only makes it more impressive. There is also stuff like closing the astronomical speed gap between Kyoko and herself with sheer skills, tricking Kirika Kure to use her time powers against herself, beating a version of herself with superior everything controlled by the AoC etc.

And Mami fights people who can kill her with a single attack all the time, so she also had the advantage of being more used to this.

True, but the Boss literally took down a universe-spanning empire that had conquered thousands of planets, had several years of prep time, had tech and weapons immensely more powerful and sophisticated than anything the Boss had ever experienced, and creates means specifically to make it so the Boss wouldnt be able to stop them, but the Boss was still able to beat him.

And if he gets anywhere near her shes going to get hit with a spam of pseudo black holes from a gun with infinite ammo

Well damn. I knew he was good but that's more than I expected. I guess i'm switching to inconclusive. How is his AoE tho?

She would probably use a clone instead of getting close herself

How did he do all that? Because looking at his intelligence, something tells me this was due to something like taking on the leader directly to end the fight, which if correct kinda destroys the quality of the feat.

Additionally, that massive range disadvantage shows that he's not hitting her with that black hole gun.

Yeah, i told ya his intelligence section was lacking.

His AoE on one black hole isnt the best, maybe 50 ft or so, but he can spam them and the gun doesnt run out of ammo

>Implying that you think i would vote against her as long as she has a chance

You don't know me ovo

"How did he do all that? Something tells me this was due to something like taking on the leader directly to end the fight, which if correct kinda destroys the quality of the feat."

Both do have ways to kill each other fairly easily but i would like to hear some more arguments for Mami before i make a vote. The Boss has a lot of dura negating powers and weapons at his disposal

Kal be like:

"Well it's true that this character can sneeze nuclear warheads, is immune to power nullification, has universal range, and once fought 16,000 supergenius aliens at once. But they might trip so I'll vote inconclusive."

@Weekly

Intelligence wise there is the stuff that I listed above.

The AP advantage is big enough to one shot as Mami dwarfs people who are stronger than people who are 18 megatons.

There are also the ribbon shields/forcefields that Boss can bypass only with dura negation as they are high end 7-B.

Inconclusive FRA

If Cole's 7B key wasn't getting removed I would have put him against Mami.

@Kal Boss has more than enough ways to oneshot Mami with his weapons and powers. I can see this as a stalemate though if she's really that much stronger

I personally vote for the Boss due to his durability negation, methods of transmutation, heavy resistance to most of Mami's arsenal, and being the sassier character.

I think he said that because Starry said he is immune to power null for some reason (Ie taking his quote out of context)

Back