• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wokistan

Bioluminescent African American Working At The CIA
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Herald of Nurgle
Or Binah vs her average simp, as some may say
Arbiter of The Head

Typhus the Traveler vs Binah
8-B Librarian Binah (>>22.4 tons), 8-B Typhus (~17.6 tons) Speed equalized.
Takes place in a desolated city conjured by The Library reacting to a memory of a place destroyed by plague zombies. No other life is present on the floor. Both start ~100m out.
Binah has Long Arms, Big Eyes, Punishing Beak, Tilted Scale, and The Beast. No passives beyond her innate setup. See her page for more details. Typhus' equipment is standard.
Typhus:
Binah: 3 (Tllmbrg, TheRadiantSoul, AbaddonTheDisappointment)
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Preempting some questions on my own thread, I picked these two because I don't think either one's cheese abilities hijack the fight. As for a breakdown of that, see below.
Typhus:
  • The more unavoidable plagues shouldn't really instantly take effect on someone made of Light, and Binah is perfectly capable of clashing against non physical attacks.
  • Destroyer Hive flies are kept at bay by the passive damage of The Beast.
  • Typhus isn't a blank. Binah's abilities are beyond the scope of his power nullification.
Binah:
  • WHITE, PALE, and half of BLACK damage should not trivialize the fight. Typhus' soul already belongs to Nurgle, which makes it supremely resilient against intrusion. His mind is already lost to the warp, so affecting him from that angle isn't as productive either. For similar reasons, The Beast isn't particularly likely to just disable Typhus' blessings.
  • Typhus is physically huge, extremely resilient, and has regenerative capabilities. He'll get torn up by Fairy and Pillar, but has greater ability to actually sustain such damage than the vast majority of characters out there. This also mitigates the AP gap to some extent.
  • Typhus' Manreaper should be able to kill or incapacitate Binah despite the immortality she possesses as a Librarian, as it's displayed such efficacy against daemons in his own series. Most abilities will have a tougher time working given resistances, clashing, and power nullification, but the Manreaper's plagues straight from Nurgle's garden are going to be beyond Binah's pay grade to withstand.

Or Binah vs her average simp, as some may say
Similarly to Iori vs Skull Knight I have no commentary on this, so I will just mention that the developers are on record calling her Mistress Binah. Do with that information as you please, VSBWgoers

I think even with the Manreaper in mind I'll vote for Binah due to better stats, and most of Typhus's other stuff not working well at all.
Even with Typhus's resilience and regen, I am more inclined to bet on the one superior physically, especially when as far as I can tell from the pages Typhus also doesn't resist a decent amount of her haxes (Like the vibration manipulation and statistical reduction).
I guess there is the question of what she will use first and whether she will realize how dangerous the manreaper is. But otherwise yah I'm going with the fed goth.

I think even with the Manreaper in mind I'll vote for Binah due to better stats, and most of Typhus's other stuff not working well at all.
Even with Typhus's resilience and regen, I am more inclined to bet on the one superior physically, especially when as far as I can tell from the pages Typhus also doesn't resist a decent amount of her haxes (Like the vibration manipulation and statistical reduction).
I guess there is the question of what she will use first and whether she will realize how dangerous the manreaper is. But otherwise yah I'm going with the fed goth.
It's not hax vibration, she's just got a shockwave attack. Binah doesn't really have the overconfidence issue that screwed her over in the first fight with Gebura anymore, being far more aware of the dangers extraordinary people can pose and even chiding Zena for behaving the way she used to herself. Fixers deduce enemy strengths and weaknesses with ease all the time, and an Arbiter isn't exactly going to be left behind there. Most importantly... just look at the guy. Manreaper is pretty obviously not something you want to get hit by, it's not exactly a subtle weapon. Vote counted

Yeah I got sidetracked by my inability to get the image to actually upload

This reminds me I gotta get back to reworking profiles. Typhus should get a bunch of resistances just thanks to being a psyker but that ain’t on his profile yet so I won’t count those.

Anyways, both of them seem to resist most of the others abilities and since passives are off it’s basically just down to a 1v1. Is this person a Smurf or has any tier 1 hax/resistances cause Typhus’ manreaper is basically a death sentence if she gets hit by it considering that thing could kill daemons plus it was dipped in Nurgle’s cauldron directly.

Anyways, both of them seem to resist most of the others abilities and since passives are off it’s basically just down to a 1v1.
Until his page is revised I don't think it's really true for Typhus?
He resists stuff like the color damage, but I don't think he really gets around her concept manipulation (Which mind you is opening or closing stuff, and off the page she has a very broad application of it. She can probably just lock him onto a stop which kind of stops the Manreaper from doing anything as he now can't move, due to Binah's overall superior stats) or the stat reduction just making the stat difference even worse
I just don't see much on the page that really lets him beat someone who's physically superior, can fight from range, and can throw haxes he doesn't resist right now

She can probably just lock him onto a stop which kind of stops the Manreaper from doing anything as he now can't move, due to Binah's overall superior stats) or the stat reduction just making the stat difference even worse
Wait how is this fair?

Until his page is revised I don't think it's really true for Typhus?
He resists stuff like the color damage, but I don't think he really gets around her concept manipulation (Which mind you is opening or closing stuff, and off the page she has a very broad application of it. She can probably just lock him onto a stop which kind of stops the Manreaper from doing anything as he now can't move, due to Binah's overall superior stats) or the stat reduction just making the stat difference even worse
I just don't see much on the page that really lets him beat someone who's physically superior, can fight from range, and can throw haxes he doesn't resist right now
Huh you’re right, concept manip resistance ain’t on his page yet thought it was (Though he has existed in the warp which breaks down and corrupts type 1 concepts on a 1-A level so I’ll add it eventually)

Til then yeah idk why this match was made

Huh you’re right, concept manip resistance ain’t on his page yet thought it was (Though he has existed in the warp which breaks down and corrupts type 1 concepts on a 1-A level so I’ll add it eventually)

Wok was assured that Typhus's page was "pretty much up to date" by Crab, so i imagine that's why he thought it was fine to use

Wok was assured that Typhus's page was "pretty much up to date" by Crab, so i imagine that's why he thought it was fine to use
Stats wise yes. Abilities wise, and specifically resistances, not really cause some stuff has changed. For the most part Typhus is fine but he’s missing some stuff that’s relatively new (like resistances to stuff from the warp cause we got a new warp page)

Also why you lying Crab. You know half these profiles are out of date lol

You standardized and applied most psyker stuff ages ago. That is why I said it.

Basically, if it isn't referenced out the dick, it ain't up to date.
Kinda like this guy

Or quite literally any primarch lol

Just be chads like us Warhammer Fantasy people and have either a sandbox for every profile or have it up to date!

Lock and Chain still have to actually hit in the first place. I don't think a missing concept resistance is that important since Binah's AP is significantly superior. Typhus downscales from Mortarion, who in a way not made very clear on the profiles scales to a daemon that ignored 17.6 ton melta weapons. Binah has a bit of a scaling chain to go from The Firebird, who's 22.4 tons by passively existing. The idea is that her attacks will be able to open him up, but due to his bulk and his blessings he's at much less risk of dying from being shredded like that. I'm not totally on board with that means of deriving the resistance in question but I think the main thing it would do is just prevent the lingering aspect of her attacks, which shouldn't be so critical that the match is dead in the water when that flips.

Typhus' win would come from killing Binah with Manreaper, since that should keep her down. Binah's win would come from killing Typhus the regular way, whether it be her personal attacks, The Beast, or EGO weapons. Something I will note on Binah's end is BLACK damage. I noted in my little summary that half of it shouldn't be that relevant, and that's the mental portion, but it still has its weird little effect of slipping past ordinary physical resistances. Since Typhus is a lot more able to tolerate being in a damaged state, this shouldn't cheese the match, but it is a reliable means of hurting him.

Typhus downscales from Mortarion, who in a way not made very clear on the profiles scales to a daemon that ignored 17.6 ton melta weapons. Binah has a bit of a scaling chain to go from The Firebird, who's 22.4 tons by passively existing.
Basically the scaling chain goes that one random daemon prince that survived melta-fire < Celestine cause she killed him < Kharn who could kill her < Basically all of the Primarchs and characters in that relative group.

Lock and Chain still have to actually hit in the first place. I don't think a missing concept resistance is that important since Binah's AP is significantly superior.
How does it hit? Is it like a ranged attack? Based on the profile it describes it like it would just spawn on Typhus or just under him and that's that. Once it hits Typhus is pretty much dead since he can't do anything about it and just gets pummeled to death. She also has resistance to disease manip so touching him or anything he has apart from his manreaper won't be an issue really.

Anyways, Binah seems like she has more means of keeping Typhus down than he does taking her down so put me as voting for her.

Last edited:
Living saints kinda shuffle around a bit, shoutout to the one that fights Mortarion and a bunch of daemons at once, though I guess that's fitting for not-daemons. 40k probably benefits from a scaling aid since the way things are set up there's effectively "tiers" of characters so I may propose one later.

This should automatically go to 39 seconds for her chain, which she conjures beneath people from afar. Lock is used at 1:28. They're both a variant of her singularity that's focused on closing things. For what it's worth I would assume the scythe can break these things down given how it decays everything, but even a momentary grab is indeed still quite helpful. Votes updated.

Living saints kinda shuffle around a bit, shoutout to the one that fights Mortarion and a bunch of daemons at once, though I guess that's fitting for not-daemons. 40k probably benefits from a scaling aid since the way things are set up there's effectively "tiers" of characters so I may propose one later.
I mean that's the main scaling chain but technically the Primarch tiers also heavily downscale from Angron who has an 8-B+ feat and Sanguinius who killed him. For someone like Typhus though yeah it's better to scale him to the normal 8-B feat but in like a vague territory where he's roughly equivalent to it, maybe higher maybe lower cause like you said living saint and daemon scaling as a whole is weird.

Also cause I'm curious what tiers would you be proposing?

Not really a changing of tiers atm (Eversors intuitively feel in the high 8-C bracket but I'd need to actually find something concrete for it) but a visual aid like what I did for Project Moon. If you navigate to the explanations section of the verse page, I put together a table that lists what tiers different groups of people are in and for what feats they're there for to help people find what they're looking for. It'd probably also help 40k.

Not really a changing of tiers atm (Eversors intuitively feel in the high 8-C bracket but I'd need to actually find something concrete for it) but a visual aid like what I did for Project Moon. If you navigate to the explanations section of the verse page, I put together a table that lists what tiers different groups of people are in and for what feats they're there for to help people find what they're looking for. It'd probably also help 40k.
Ah okay. Yeah that'd be cool. If you need help with it I could always lend a hand, though most of the scaling is relatively straight forward cause anyone who's in a specific group pretty much has their own tier.

For the match itself... yeah Binah can just spawn attacks on Typhus and he can't do anything about it cause he doesn't resist it, plus the little fact I don't think Binah would ever willingly enter melee combat with him, and EVEN THEN may straight up outskill Typhus because outside of briefly fighting Mortarian, his skill feats kinda ******' suck.

His psychic powers are annoying, but Typhus only has a single 1-A beating stick and doesn't cheat, so Binah is safe as all living **** considering a single thing Typhus has to be in melee for works to kill Binah, while her not-*******-arounditus would be quite lethal, even to a nurgle worshipper!

For the match itself... yeah Binah can just spawn attacks on Typhus and he can't do anything about it cause he doesn't resist it, plus the little fact I don't think Binah would ever willingly enter melee combat with him, and EVEN THEN may straight up outskill Typhus because outside of briefly fighting Mortarian, his skill feats kinda ******' suck.
He does fight Azrael (Chapter Master of the Dark Angels) for an extended period so there is that for his skill.

And if you’re wondering why it’d be a skill feat for an 8-B to fight a 8-C I’m planning on upgrading Azrael later

Thus far, I'd say Binah wins FRA (which is kinda mindblowing to me honestly cause I figured that everyone in 40K even loosely related to the warp would just autowin by virtue of half their kit being 1-A)

Thus far, I'd say Binah wins FRA (which is kinda mindblowing to me honestly cause I figured that everyone in 40K even loosely related to the warp would just autowin by virtue of half their kit being 1-A)
The main bs 40K characters are the psykers cause they’re the ones with the actual “point and delete” Hax and a select few others

Guys like Typhus do have 1-A hax but it ain’t as broken and has requirements to actually use which in this case is kinda nulled

I will note though that from what I can gather the AP/Dura gap isn't actually that big? Typhus seems to upscale from his feat by a whole lot on account of being solidly above somebody who no-sold it. Binah still has a slightly bigger chain (Binah >> Average Grade 1 >~ R Corp Soldiers ~ WAW Abnormalities > Firebird passive heat) but she isn't gonna be straight up ripping him apart with him only staying in the fight by sheer regeneration. That being said, Binah doesn't need a massive AP gap for her wincons, neither would Typhus being closer to her physical matter that much for his, so it's not nearly as important of a factor as their abilities and resistances.

Binah just seems more likely to win considering her kit basically puts Typhus at a disadvantage at all times.

Gonna vote for her.

Back