• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Terrible K. Rool Rework

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
Unlike Funky Kong, I am not confident in this one mate

New profile
Old profile

Please point out any screwups I made lol

You really like to not put scans, uh?
Anyway, thing's are fine at a glance, tho I must note that resistance to cold should be removed (doesn't apply to those who survive in space anymore) and his crystalbana P&A tabber should be cleaned-up a bit.
The ap description for the crystal banana is just a repetead list of powers, it should be changed or just removed.
Standard equipment shouldn't reference matches, that is already implied by the distinction between standard and optional.
Some commas, brackets, capitals and such should be adjusted here and there, but nothing that terrible.

Also, I think he should have Breaking the 4th Wall and maybe some other meta ability for the awesome prank he pulls at the end of the first DKC, which also should be referenced in his stamina section. In Country 2 he can also control the speed and movement pattern of his cannonballs and puffs, so that might warrant Weapon Control as well.

You really like to not put scans, uh?
Anyway, thing's are fine at a glance, tho I must note that resistance to cold should be removed (doesn't apply to those who survive in space anymore) and his crystalbana P&A tabber should be cleaned-up a bit.
The ap description for the crystal banana is just a repetead list of powers, it should be changed or just removed.
Standard equipment shouldn't reference matches, that is already implied by the distinction between standard and optional.
Some commas, brackets, capitals and such should be adjusted here and there, but nothing that terrible.

Also, I think he should have Breaking the 4th Wall and maybe some other meta ability for the awesome prank he pulls at the end of the first DKC, which also should be referenced in his stamina section. In Country 2 he can also control the speed and movement pattern of his cannonballs and puffs, so that might warrant Weapon Control as well.
It's no longer given for a short amount of time in space, not the hours K. Rool was out and about for.

I'll check the rest, though I didn't do 4th Wall breaking because I didn't know how to handle it as it could very easily be Plot Manipulation like what Grunty has for just about the same thing

Edit: As for standard equipment mentioning Matches, it's basically a case of what you give K. Rool very much so influences how he fights

Wanna know something funny?

If you're connected to something, heat transfers.
(in addition, metal also happens to be an INCREDIBLY good conductor of heat)

uhh just for presentability i would change the {6-B}} (i understand why you've done it like that) to 6-B
also capitalise "same as base"
be consistent with either bolding the abilities or leaving them as is, it's half and half rn
for kaptain k. rool's blunderbuss abilities i would put them first and then justifications after, a la
Air Manipulation, Ice Manipulation (blunderbuss acts as a vacuum bla bla bla)

I'm not bolding it when I can push two buttons to make the sandbox worthy of being ported over to the profile instead of ten buttons.

Wanna know something funny?

If you're connected to something, heat transfers.
Yes, heat will transfer to K Rool if the rocket ship is hotter than him, and if K Rool is hotter than the rocket ship, he would lose heat to it. In space however, the rocket ship would not have the same temperature as the vacuum of space because the rocket ship doesn't lose heat to the vacuum since there isn't any convection or conduction

Yes, heat will transfer to K Rool if the rocket ship is hotter than him, and if K Rool is hotter than the rocket ship, he would lose heat to it. In space however, the rocket ship would not have the same temperature as the vacuum of space because the rocket ship doesn't lose heat to the vacuum since there isn't any convection or conduction
heat can be transferred via radiation too
in fact i believe that's the FASTEST method of heat transfer out of the three

heat can be transferred via radiation too
in fact i believe that's the FASTEST method of heat transfer out of the three
That is true, but it wouldn't grant any resistance to cold temperatures like OP has proposed. You would just gain heat if its radiation from the sun, so at best its just a resistance to radiation, and heat if you are closer to the sun

That is true, but it wouldn't grant any resistance to cold temperatures like OP has proposed. You would just gain heat if its radiation from the sun, so at best its just a resistance to radiation, and heat if you are closer to the sun
Notably, that link says:
...Even if you were dropped off in deep space where a thermometer might read 2.7 Kelvin (-455°F, the temperature of the “cosmic microwave background” leftover from the Big Bang that permeates the Universe), you would not instantly freeze because heat transfer cannot occur as rapidly by radiation alone.
Key word: instantly.
K. Rool was (apparently) in space for an extended period of time, meaning he would have had ample time for his body to radiate away the heat, no?

Or, get this, the radiation nabs onto the cold and transfers it
Radiation does not just lose heat to the vacuum of space because space is not actually cold, it does not have a temperature. Radiation is also not going to lose heat to the vacuum of space, and you would have to prove that space radiation is cold anyways (I highly doubt you can)

Notably, that link says:

Key word: instantly.
K. Rool was (apparently) in space for an extended period of time, meaning he would have had ample time for his body to radiate away the heat, no?
He would not have ample time to radiate away the heat because of the reasons I mentioned above, staying in a vacuum of space forever wouldn't even freeze you because radiation is not always that cold

EDIT: For a long period of time, not forever. It would take very long to lose enough heat through radiation

Radiation does not just lose heat to the vacuum of space because space is not actually cold, it does not have a temperature. Radiation is also not going to lose heat to the vacuum of space, and you would have to prove that space radiation is cold anyways (I highly doubt you can)

He would not have ample time to radiate away the heat because of the reasons I mentioned above, staying in a vacuum of space forever wouldn't even freeze you because radiation is not always that cold

EDIT: For a long period of time, not forever. It would take very long to lose enough heat through radiation
"The reason spacecrafts become cold is that heat is radiated off of them. Otherwise, there would be too much heat energy stored on the spacecraft and it could combust or cause sever damage to electrical components." A .org website.

if it makes you feel better, literally every other result from YouTube to random ass .com websites say Space is 2.7 Kelvin and radiating heat is a thing.

K. Rool was strapped to the back of a spaceship from some random area of the universe all the way back to DK Island, and space trips aren't short.

"The reason spacecrafts become cold is that heat is radiated off of them. Otherwise, there would be too much heat energy stored on the spacecraft and it could combust or cause sever damage to electrical components." A .org website.

if it makes you feel better, literally every other result from YouTube to random ass .com websites say Space is 2.7 Kelvin and radiating heat is a thing.

K. Rool was strapped to the back of a spaceship from some random area of the universe all the way back to DK Island, and space trips aren't short.
How many hours do you think the trip took? And how long do you need to be in the vacuum in space for in order to freeze? According to an astrophysicist named Paul M Sutter, it would take dozens of hours to lose enough heat, or never if you are exposed to enough sunlight though it would be better if we had more sources

Actually I think I'll discuss the space and cold standards in another thread, for now I agree with this CRT. There are some scans I could get for you

I am wondering about some stuff from Donkey Kong Country 3:

DKC 3 Game Manual
DKC 3 Player's Guide (I've seen at least 1 Mario Wiki page cite it it about DKC3, so I assume it's at least somewhat valid.)

“So you've found one of the secret Banana Bird caves. To release the imprisoned bird, you must watch the sequence of lights, and then repeat it exactly using the directions on the . It seems like a waste of time to me. Why can't these game developers come up with something more interesting?”
—Cranky Kong, Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA)

"When she got there, she happened upon Wrinkly Kong's home. Wrinkly Kong told Dixie that the boys had passed by, but they hadn't said where they were going. She suggested that maybe the boys visited Funky Kong at his beach shop. As Dixie was was leaving, Wrinkly asked if she'd look for the mysterious Banana Birds. The birds have been seen in the cave across from Funky's Rentals, but no one seems to know how to get them out. Dixie agreed and thanked Wrinkly for her help. She set out to see Funky at his shop."

"As you progress through the quest, you'll find Banana Birds. Once rescued, these mystical birds will fly to the Save Cave, where Wrinkly Kong looks after them."
"If you look carefully you'll find crystal caves hidden throughout the Northern Kremisphere. The four clusters of crystals inside the cavern correspond to the buttons on your controller. When you enter, you'll hear a tune played on the crystals. Play that tune to release a Banana Bird from captivity. The more caves you complete, the more complex the patterns will become. If you make a mistake, you'll have to try the cave again, this time with a different tune, as they randomly change every time you re-enter."

This is also a useful resource:

"Oh! Thank goodness! At last somebody has found me! That rotten yellow belly K. Rool imprisoned me behind this evil barrier, which he sealed with a dark and powerful magic spell."
"Then he commanded a bunch of his wicked Kremlings to hide the only ones that could split the crystal key - my poor children. Only all of them together have the power to break the spell."
"Please, Dixie/Kiddy/Kongs, find all of my children and bring them back to me as soon as you can. In return I promise to rid this land of K. Rool forever. So keep your eyes peeled and return as soon as you can."

"You did it, you did it! You've found all of my children. At last I can be freed from K. Rool's spell."
"Ready Children!! Sing along with me!"
"Oh I'm so happy that we're a family again, and it's all thanks to you Dixie/Kiddy/Kongs."
"Now, as I promised, it's time to fulfill my half of the bargain and teach K. Rool a lesson he'll never forget!!!"

I'm not sure where they got the "When Baron K. Roolenstein, under the guise of KAOS, invaded the Northern Kremisphere, he managed to make sure the Banana Queen would not mess with his plans" part; I haven't found text about his motive.

Either way, at some point during his time as Baron K. Roolenstein -Since he was presumably in the Northern Hemisphere to do so- K. Rool used dark magic to seal the Banana Queen, & had his wicked Kremlings hide the banana birds that could split the crystal key, which they apparently do by singing.
It's ambiguous if the Banana Birds were sealed with "dark magic" like their queen, but they were sealed in crystal, which I find hard to imagine how K. Rool's Kremlings did, even if they did have some unshown fast-growing crystal stuff in all their "Baron"'s new technology. (Some of which was apparently made from K. Rool's wife's pots & pans, despite the alleged ease with which it was "cast aside" by Dixie.)

If the crystals WERE made by K. Rool, rather than his Kremlings -Whatever way it is we assume they were made- it is a little impressive, since I'm not sure if there's an in-universe means to make the crystals play their tunes (Game mechanics?) & the sealing is apparently slightly adaptive, in that it randomizes per every failed attempt/exiting of the crystals' cave, & the code to break the crystals becomes increasingly complex with each that's destroyed.

Also, there is the curiousity of there being 15 Banana Birds in the SNES Version & 20 in the GBA Version.

Last edited:
I am wondering about some stuff from Donkey Kong Country 3:

DKC 3 Game Manual
DKC 3 Player's Guide (I've seen at least 1 Mario Wiki page cite it it about DKC3, so I assume it's at least somewhat valid.)

“So you've found one of the secret Banana Bird caves. To release the imprisoned bird, you must watch the sequence of lights, and then repeat it exactly using the directions on the . It seems like a waste of time to me. Why can't these game developers come up with something more interesting?”
—Cranky Kong, Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA)

"When she got there, she happened upon Wrinkly Kong's home. Wrinkly Kong told Dixie that the boys had passed by, but they hadn't said where they were going. She suggested that maybe the boys visited Funky Kong at his beach shop. As Dixie was was leaving, Wrinkly asked if she'd look for the mysterious Banana Birds. The birds have been seen in the cave across from Funky's Rentals, but no one seems to know how to get them out. Dixie agreed and thanked Wrinkly for her help. She set out to see Funky at his shop."

"As you progress through the quest, you'll find Banana Birds. Once rescued, these mystical birds will fly to the Save Cave, where Wrinkly Kong looks after them."
"If you look carefully you'll find crystal caves hidden throughout the Northern Kremisphere. The four clusters of crystals inside the cavern correspond to the buttons on your controller. When you enter, you'll hear a tune played on the crystals. Play that tune to release a Banana Bird from captivity. The more caves you complete, the more complex the patterns will become. If you make a mistake, you'll have to try the cave again, this time with a different tune, as they randomly change every time you re-enter."

This is also a useful resource:

"Oh! Thank goodness! At last somebody has found me! That rotten yellow belly K. Rool imprisoned me behind this evil barrier, which he sealed with a dark and powerful magic spell."
"Then he commanded a bunch of his wicked Kremlings to hide the only ones that could split the crystal key - my poor children. Only all of them together have the power to break the spell."
"Please, Dixie/Kiddy/Kongs, find all of my children and bring them back to me as soon as you can. In return I promise to rid this land of K. Rool forever. So keep your eyes peeled and return as soon as you can."

"You did it, you did it! You've found all of my children. At last I can be freed from K. Rool's spell."
"Ready Children!! Sing along with me!"
"Oh I'm so happy that we're a family again, and it's all thanks to you Dixie/Kiddy/Kongs."
"Now, as I promised, it's time to fulfill my half of the bargain and teach K. Rool a lesson he'll never forget!!!"

I'm not sure where they got the "When Baron K. Roolenstein, under the guise of KAOS, invaded the Northern Kremisphere, he managed to make sure the Banana Queen would not mess with his plans" part; I haven't found text about his motive.

Either way, at some point during his time as Baron K. Roolenstein -Since he was presumably in the Northern Hemisphere to do so- K. Rool used dark magic to seal the Banana Queen, & had his wicked Kremlings hide the banana birds that could split the crystal key, which they apparently do by singing.
It's ambiguous if the Banana Birds were sealed with "dark magic" like their queen, but they were sealed in crystal, which I find hard to imagine how K. Rool's Kremlings did, even if they did have some unshown fast-growing crystal stuff in all their "Baron"'s new technology. (Some of which was apparently made from K. Rool's wife's pots & pans, despite the alleged ease with which it was "cast aside" by Dixie.)

If the crystals WERE made by K. Rool, rather than his Kremlings -Whatever way it is we assume they were made- it is a little impressive, since I'm not sure if there's an in-universe means to make the crystals play their tunes (Game mechanics?) & the sealing is apparently slightly adaptive, in that it randomizes per every failed attempt/exiting of the crystals' cave, & the code to break the crystals becomes increasingly complex with each that's destroyed.

Also, there is the curiousity of there being 15 Banana Birds in the SNES Version & 20 in the GBA Version.
TBH I don't know how to treat this

TBH I don't know how to treat this
In what ways are you unsure, if I may ask, please?

I mean, I can understand uncertainty, but it seems like at least "Magic & Sealing" for what he did to the Banana Queen. Possibly Creation for the wall. (Would it unreasonable to give Text Manipulation for the hieroglyphics on it?) Maybe Earth Manipulation or something based on the wall's material.
Although presumably some or most of those would be Limited.

The stuff with the crystals is probably Earth Manipulation (Because Crystals), more Sealing, Light & Sound Manipulation for the tunes they play, & if we assume the crystals canonically require controller input to have their code "played", it might be some kind of.... Fourth Wall Awareness? Medium Awareness? Or something for the crystals? & probably Adaptation &/or Reactive Evolution for the Crystals randomizing on failure/abandonment & lengthening their codes with each crystal broken.

& of course, we'd have to decide whether we assume the crystals were made by "dark magic" or such like the Banana Queen's prison, or somehow made by the Kremlings (Which might imply Power Bestowal for K. Rool if it's magical rather than some other crystal creation means.) or if they were made through unseen technology or something.

The wording is "had his wicked Kremlings hide the banana birds that could split the crystal key", so maybe hiding refers to making the caves secret & hidden, since most, if not all the caves have their entrances revealed by like, a hole bursting open in a wall on the overworld's map?
Otherwise, it'd be weird if the Banana Birds were somehow relocated AFTER being put in the crystals, as it LOOKS like -In the graphics- that the crystals are embedded in the cave walls.

Pardon all the words, please.

In what ways are you unsure, if I may ask, please?

I mean, I can understand uncertainty, but it seems like at least "Magic & Sealing" for what he did to the Banana Queen. Possibly Creation for the wall. (Would it unreasonable to give Text Manipulation for the hieroglyphics on it?) Maybe Earth Manipulation or something based on the wall's material.
Although presumably some or most of those would be Limited.

The stuff with the crystals is probably Earth Manipulation (Because Crystals), more Sealing, Light & Sound Manipulation for the tunes they play, & if we assume the crystals canonically require controller input to have their code "played", it might be some kind of.... Fourth Wall Awareness? Medium Awareness? Or something for the crystals? & probably Adaptation &/or Reactive Evolution for the Crystals randomizing on failure/abandonment & lengthening their codes with each crystal broken.

& of course, we'd have to decide whether we assume the crystals were made by "dark magic" or such like the Banana Queen's prison, or somehow made by the Kremlings (Which might imply Power Bestowal for K. Rool if it's magical rather than some other crystal creation means.) or if they were made through unseen technology or something.

The wording is "had his wicked Kremlings hide the banana birds that could split the crystal key", so maybe hiding refers to making the caves secret & hidden, since most, if not all the caves have their entrances revealed by like, a hole bursting open in a wall on the overworld's map?
Otherwise, it'd be weird if the Banana Birds were somehow relocated AFTER being put in the crystals, as it LOOKS like -In the graphics- that the crystals are embedded in the cave walls.

Pardon all the words, please.
Gazing upon this now, yeah, that seems fine, I just don't feel like editing it lol

Disagree with cold resistance, it has always been fridge logic when fiction never treats space accurately

I'd honestly take the simply route and settle it with magic and sealing. The wall could simply have been raised manually idk and the hieroglyphs being a consequence of the spell itself.
I'd also dump all the birds and crystals affair, it's off screen stuff that doesn't point to any specific direction and doesn't seem worthy to include.

The debate regarding space can now be settled by giving him Space Survival.

I'd honestly take the simply route and settle it with magic and sealing. The wall could simply have been raised manually idk and the hieroglyphs being a consequence of the spell itself.
I'd also dump all the birds and crystals affair, it's off screen stuff that doesn't point to any specific direction and doesn't seem worthy to include.

I didn't even know that Space Survival existed, gimme a moment to get around to editing

Yeah, that was a very welcomed addition when I learned of it.
The profile seems good overall, the Crystal Bana p&a still needs some fixes in the bolding, while a bracket is missing in the boxing glove equipment section.
K.Rool's LS should also be upgraded to Class P, since apparently the monkes now scale to that.

The profile seems good overall, the Crystal Bana p&a still needs some fixes in the bolding, while a bracket is missing in the boxing glove equipment section.
K.Rool's LS should also be upgraded to Class P, since apparently the monkes now scale to that.
KK, right now I'm just bringing the profile up to my new standard RN, so I'll drop a ping when I'm done

I think I've got it to where I'm happy with it, checkerboards please

(I did the additions to PnA, A bit scaling to Bowser in Sluggers for AP, and entirely revamped the intelligence section. also, REFERENCES.)

I think you went kinda overboard with the references for origin and the other infos below.
You should link at least the Mario wiki page for the Banana Queen thing, I feel like it's too obscure to find otherwise.

This bit, while admittedly funny, I don't think should be there donkey of kongs himself.

Everything else is good, well done!

I think you went kinda overboard with the references for origin and the other infos below.
Honestly the reason I did that is because it's not that intrusive... and trust me, I've seen like 20 references for one thing in a non-bulleted PnA section, so I'm pretty sure 8 references for sections that rarely see the loving embrace of references is fine ll.
You should link at least the Mario wiki page for the Banana Queen thing, I feel like it's too obscure to find otherwise.
Done
This bit, while admittedly funny, I don't think should be there donkey of kongs himself.
Done
Everything else is good, well done!
Ap

I agree about Magic & Sealing at least.
Saying The Banana Birds & crystals affair, they can be seen imprisoned in the crystals & I'm pretty sure the dialogue references it, so it's not wholely off-screen.
But yes, we don't seem to know quite how K. Rool put them in that state.

Back