• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Terrarian vs Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII)

I'm guessing that Lightning has the AP advantage― but I don't know how that'll work against the Terrarian's arsenal of end-game weapons― some of which can ignore durability.

The Terrarian also has the Range advantage― which is up to a "Several thousand meters" while Lightning's is up to only "hundreds of meters"

Lightning literally says die and the Terrarian instantly dies due to her death manipulation. If this somehow isn't a hax stomp Lightning wins incredibly easily.

Edit: did something happen to Lightning's page it looks a lot more barren then it used to.

Actually wait if Lightning doesn't have death manipulation (which I remember she used to have it) this is still an ap stomp as the Terrarian is slightly above baseline while she stomps 5-C+ characters.

Uhm, death manipulation? There isn't anything mentioning that on her profile... care to give an example/source?

I remember it used to be on her profile. It was mentioned in previous matches and I remember her having way more powers. But even ignoring that completely she stomps 5-C+ characters while the Terrarian is baseline, she one shots with any attack.

The Terrarian has Attack Reflection, Invulnerability after being hit, and low-mid Regenerationn (with help of potions). Sure, she can oneshot, but it's gonna be hard trying without getting a face-full if Luminite bullets that ignore durability. Knowing Lightning, she's going to have to take a different approach. The gun is mightier than the sword my friend.

Except she can also stop time and resurrect so that goes flying out the window as he dies before he even knew what hit him.

The Terrarian can just use the Inferno Potion, a potion that surrounds the drinker in a literal ring if fire. Also, the Frozen Turtle Shell "halves damage when he drops below half health."

At the moment, Lightning seems to have the upper hand due to her timestop. I guess Lightning may be the victor.

Quibster said:
The Terrarian can just use the Inferno Potion, a potion that surrounds the drinker in a literal ring if fire. Also, the Frozen Turtle Shell "halves damage when he drops below half health."
Fire can't burn you in stopped time as there won't be time for the chemical effect to actually effect Lightning, the turtle shell fails because 1) time is stopped, 2) the Terrarian is one shot so the damage won't be halved (also even 1/10th of Lightning damage effortlessly one shots the Terrarian). I'm not voting Lightning I'm saying this is a stomp. The Terrarian can't fight 5-C+ characters much less a 5-C+ character that stomps other 5-C+ characters, can resurrect, and can stop time whenever the hell she wants.

But then again, I don't know how she'll do against the Terrarian's Attack Reflection and Intangibility. Actually... if she stops time, attacks him once, then he's intangible until she unfreezes time. Terrarian is only intangible after being hit once. If she were to stop time, he'd be intangible until her timestop is... well, stopped.

He can't be intangible, he can just interact with intangible. If the intangible is referring to the i frame items the Terrarian actually has to survive a hit, which he can't. Attacks reflect also fails because time is stopped so the effect can't take place, Lightning can tank her own hit while the Terrarian dies because he still receives the damage, and Lightning could just resurrect if she did die.

Not intangible― Invulnerable. According to his profile, he's invulnerable for up to two seconds after being hit. My bad. Derp.

And last time I checked, it happens the moment after the Terrarian is hit. Then again, neither of us can prove whether or not the Terrarian's invulnerability works in stopped time. But, his mechanic is― one hit = two seconds of invulnerability = how ever many moments of invulnerability in stopped time.

Also, you keep on mentioning how lightning can one-shot the Terrarian― which I highly doubt since he can fight on par with the Moon Lord.

Ok but he actually has to survive a hit for invisibility to activate while Lightning stomped a 5-C+. The Terrarian is hit and instantly explodes.

The moon lord stomps baseline 5-Cs. Lightning stomps 5-C+ characters the difference between baseline 5-C and 5-C+ is already enough to one shot much less when she stomped a 5-C+ character.

I try to take other things in account other than tiers. The Terrarian has a formidable arsenal of weapons, but then again, Lightning is ridiculously powerful. I'm gonna have to give this to Lightning.

Quibster said:
Sorry if you interpreted it to be that.
That's ok. It late where I am and I'm not a night person so sorry if I was being rude.

I still think this is a stomp though.

Back