• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Teleport Battle: Albert Einstein vs Shirai Kuroko vs Fletcher Renn

I would like to take part in this discussion.

I would assume in standard battle assumptions, it would be a place that Flecther and Albert have not yet "mark" so to say. In this case Kuroko would most likely has the early advantage since her teleport does not require any "marking" thus the first strike.

Although, I don't have enough knowledge to know that whether Albert or Flecther have the skills to avoid and create a setup for their teleportation. so as of moment I would conduct a simple analysis.

Is the battle location in New York City if we go by the standard battle assumptions?

Yes, starts in New York. Though 2 of the people here can teleport around the planet, so the battle won't stay there...

I think both Fletcher and Einstein can teleport in some area around them from the get go. IIRC Einstein has some range around her which is counted as "visited" and Fletcher only needs to have seen the surroundings.

Since Einstein's teleportation isn't instant and Flatcher doesn't seem to have a way to ignore durability. Kuroko instantly teleports something into their brains killing them (I remember teleporting objects into people is in character for her and she's trying to kill them here)

Kuroko's and Einstein's teleportation are both not instant and for the same reason. They both need to to the spacial calculations before being able to teleport.

Fletcher teleports on instinct. He also needs to do a thought process to do so, but since he doesn't need to to calculations he might just have an advantage on time. Also, while he doesn't negate durability, at this level a taser will do its job.

Teleporting stuff into brains is not in character for kuroko.

I mean a taser still needs to actually hits its target before he gets a spike teleported through his skull, but at the same time he does seem to have better teleportation. I'm still leaning to Kuroko because having an object randomly teleported into your skull is extremely unfair but Fletcher comes in a close second because Albert's teleportation probably shouldn't be teleportation and more be Spatial Manipulation. (Also in the scan on Albert's page it says that time is passing, its not instant).

I need to check again but I remember here teleporting spikes into some random dude and threading to kill him or at least injure him, but my memory is pretty bad, I'll go look

You confuse "In character, but willing to kill" with bloodlusted.

As the SBA specifies "The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual". Kumoko's usual strategy is close combat with teleports. If she feels more threatened she might also teleport needles into their flesh.

But she never teleported stuff into lethal spots, so she won't open with it here either.

And the threat you linked was definitely an empty threat.

As said, Einsteins teleport is in the same way not instant as Kuroko's. The time in the scan shows the timeframe for Einstein to teleport in and teleport back out. She needs time to do the mental progress to do those telportation, hence the delay. Kuroko is the same. If she wants to teleport something from A to B, she needs to spend some timeframe in order to do calculations in order to do so. In other words there is a limit on how many time per second she can teleport.

Also, keep in mind that hitting a teleporting character with teleported projectiles is about equally hard to hitting them a gun (at the speed tiers of these characters). A clean hit is not guaranteed.

Well then this seems inconclusive because nobody will be able to hit each other as they randomly teleport all over the place.

I am assuming there's no power equalization and each teleporter here keeps their own mechanics.

Fletcher seems to have the better and stronger teleportation power, but has lower physical abilities than the other two. Kuroko has more initial freedom as to where to teleport, but has a much shorter range than the other two and fights close quarters, so this initial advantage is not really that much of an asset. Einstein seems to be faster with her teleports than Kuroko, so given there's not power nor speed equalization I think she can take her out. From what I can see on his page, how good the instinct teleportation DontTalkDT mentioned determines whether Einstein can defeat Fletcher or not.

Though it seems that Kuroko does not have much of a greater advantage at being able to teleport without "marking" as Fletcher only needs to already see the place to already teleport. Though I do question if I may, how much does both Albert and Fletcher tend to teleport? Do they have a cooldown, or do they have similar proficiency in using teleporting as Kuroko teleporting mid-air at 288km/h?

Does the teleporting sequence have any intervals, for example, if they teleport an object and that object began teleporting, is it instantaneous?

And how much experience do they have on using teleportation to dodge stuff, what have they been dodging exactly? Have they fought teleporters before?

As for Fletcher: He teleports a lot. Generally hitting the opponent once and right away disappearing again to get a new weapon.

His teleportation has no cooldown beyond him having to focus on the location he wants to teleport to. Also no disintegration period or something.

SchroKatze said:
Tbh, Awaki would be a better choice for this
Eh, for one thing her powers don't really fit the rest, which have more classical "gotta touch the thing" teleportation. For the same reason I didn't include Aoi Nogami.

To that comes that, different from Aoi, Awaki wouldn't really do well in this match either. Due to her problems with teleporting herself she would be a sitting duck, which quickly gets her head telefragged off by Einstein.

From the information that I could find from Fletcher in the wiki, he teleports by opening a portal unlike the other two teleporters who instead blink out of existence and reapper, basically leaping through it. Wouldn't that actually make him more predictable if the other two could see the portals?

Granted, this could just be me misintrepeting how his teleporting work from his wiki, so feel free to correct me if I am wrong.(It hasn't been long enough for necro ?)

It is indeed you misinterpreting his power.

He only creates portals if he opens passages to other universes.

So he disappears and reappears instantaneously as he starts similar to Kuroko and Einstein?

Although, his natural speed would make very risky for him to make close distance of the two, especially Einstein seeing as she could simply teleport away along with his arms if he is not careful and have much greater reaction speed(and he would not have knowledge of the two having a different application to their teleportation as he would think its similar to his.), and Kuroko has experience in fighting against teleporters before, unlike Flecther seeing as he is supposedly the last teleporter in his verse.

I haven't made a conclusion or vote from my analysis, though as of now I am more leaning towards Einstein due to just simply having a very high reaction speed and a far more lethal application on her teleportation.

@The God of Procrastination

I am not familiar with the character, but I would assume she has teleportation.

Also, as of moment, I would vote for Einstein

DontTalkDT said:
You confuse "In character, but willing to kill" with bloodlusted.
As the SBA specifies "The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual". Kumoko's usual strategy is close combat with teleports. If she feels more threatened she might also teleport needles into their flesh.

But she never teleported stuff into lethal spots, so she won't open with it here either.

And the threat you linked was definitely an empty threat.

As said, Einsteins teleport is in the same way not instant as Kuroko's. The time in the scan shows the timeframe for Einstein to teleport in and teleport back out. She needs time to do the mental progress to do those telportation, hence the delay. Kuroko is the same. If she wants to teleport something from A to B, she needs to spend some timeframe in order to do calculations in order to do so. In other words there is a limit on how many time per second she can teleport.

Also, keep in mind that hitting a teleporting character with teleported projectiles is about equally hard to hitting them a gun (at the speed tiers of these characters). A clean hit is not guaranteed.

If the battle is to the death, then it would be in character for Kuroko to go for the kill like that. She is very smart and efficient in what she does. Killing her opponent is something she is generally unwilling to do in-character, which is why she wouldn't do it if the option was to KO. Still, she wouldn't try to subdue before going for the kill if the goal in the battle was just to kill because that wouldn't be smart.

Back