• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Teen Goku's 21st Budokai Strength

Firestorm808

VS Battles
Administrator
This isn't meant to be a revision thread or anything. This is only meant to peer review and improve the measurement for Goku's lifting strength before the 21st Budokai. This should be more accurate since we can ignore the scaling that happens much later in the series.

I did some googling, and I found the right image to calculate the rock as a cube with a debatable scale of reference for 1 meter.

DB Rock 4 Volume 1
I also found this calculation for the rock as a cylinder and semicircle with another debatable scale of reference.

DB Rock 4 Volume 2
While I would like to make a similar calculation, I decided to try the prism with a more accurate scale of reference using Roshi's canon height and the distance from the top of his head to the bottom of his ear.

Master Roshi Scale 2
DB Rock 4 Scale
Density of Rock: 2.4 - 3.3 g/cm^3 = 2400000 g/m^3 = 2400 kg/m^3 = 2.4 Metric Tons/m^3

Since Goku pushed the rock instead of lifting it, we need to calculate the force needed to overcome the static friction between the rock and the ground. Concrete on

http://usacetechnicalletters.tpub.com/ETL-1110-3-446/ETL-1110-3-4460006.htm

Coefficient of friction of concrete on soil: .3

Rock Weight = 2.4*(.29/35.4*536)*(.29/35.4*664)^2 = 311.814565245 Metric Tons of Force

Initial Horizontal Force = 311.814565245 * .3 = 93.5443695734 Metric Tons of Force

Looking at his face, Goku can dead-push? 93.5443695734 Metric Tons as a kid.

Any questions, comments, or concerns?

Back