• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Taking the stance to ban Adult Gon from ever being used.

Well I know I might get hated for this but, I feel that at least in any VS Threads Adult Gon should never be used. I say that because in a VS discussion there should be winner and a loser, but the winner should not almost die or even die in the process. That was really what Gon vs Pitou was, a big, unenjoyable, and horrific train wreck of a curbstomp. And Gon only ended up like this:

2CA69814-C86D-48F6-930E-3B850B9A7818
2CFF9B5F-EC24-4564-85FE-785BCA5B7860
Do you want your fighters, mutants, monsters, etc. to end up like this, willingly throwing their lives, and becoming medical body horrors just so they can win like Gon did. I don't think so!

This is like Deidara's C-0, or Jinzonnigen 16's bomb, it can win a fight but it kills the user. I mean it is not like Ssj.

If I can get over 200 people on the forum to agree with this we can make some restrictions for when the adorable Asuka of Hunter x Hunter turns into that hulking horror ever again on any VS Threads.

Supporter count:1

"y forming a Vow[238] in a condition of immense emotional distress, Gon was able to summon "all the power [he]'ll ever have",[226] growing to an age where he could defeat Neferpitou. His physical strength, Nen abilities, aura output[227] and aura reserves[228] increased immensely, to the point that the Royal Guard feared he might pose a threat to Meruem himself.[227] Upon seeing him, Killua deduced it would normally take decades of training to reach that level of power.[228] While in this state, Gon's single Ko kick was capable of throwing Neferpitou dozens of meters into the air, causing them to cough out blood,[227] whereas they were left unscathed by Isaac Netero's attack.[240] His first Jajanken blasted Neferpitou up the side of a hill and caused them to lose consciousness,[227] although a few more were necessary to finally kill them.[228] However, the price to pay was as great as the boost. Neferpitou guessed the ability had been possible only because an extraordinarily gifted individual willingly threw away his predisposition and compressed his life, predicting that Gon would never be able to utilize Nen again in the future.[227] Furthermore, after the Royal Guard's death, Gon returned to his normal body and fell into a coma.[229] His body soon started to decay, requiring constant life support, and he would have eventually died if not for Nanika's intervention.[230] However, despite making a full recovery, Gon remained unable to see and use aura.[236] According to his father, he simply "went back to normal", and should count himself lucky for getting off relatively scot-free"

I'm surprisingly against this. Differently from suicide attacks, a suicide transformation still allows the battle to be won before death, thus it is valid.

However, I do agree that we should make rules and standards on how we use characters with suicide attacks! That's leading to a great amount of incon.

We're not banning someone for using a suicide attack. Also, you're not going to get 200 users since that is a significant portion of forum-active users and the vast majority will no care to click on this thread.

If a character has to kill himself to win, it's an inconclusive. If he survives, even if totally mutiliated, he wins.

Assaltwaffle said:
We're not banning someone for using a suicide attack. Also, you're not going to get 200 users since that is a significant portion of forum-active users and the vast majority will no care to click on this thread.
If a character has to kill himself to win, it's an inconclusive. If he survives, even if totally mutiliated, he wins.
But isn't it too easy for a character like Thunder McQueen to get a shitton of inconclusive fights this way? They put him against Saitama, Goku... Everybody, and it's being accepted, not a call-out for Spite Thread. Also, Creeper is condemned to only have Inconclusives and Losses, to such a point you might want to remove his Wins section.

We still aren't putting a perma-restriction on a character like this. If he manages to go Inconclusive, he goes Inconclusive.

It doesn't matter if a character is more prone to losses, wins, or inconclusives, but for our purposes it doesn't matter. No character is getting banned for these reasons unless they forever stomp people. Even then that still isn't a ban on the character itself but rather it causing stomps that is banned.

Now I'm just curious, who are the banned characters and why? Also, if you're doing a fight with Gon, the only way his adult form would be a negative is if he's fighting someone with high Regenerationn feats so they could outlast him. Same with any suicide attack, the idea is to defeat the opponent.

Back