• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sweet Tooth vs Triborg

Sweet Tooth's rockets are stronger than Triborg by a small margin, but the issue lies here:

- Triborg can move as fast as the truck as per speed equalization, this means the truck cannot run it down at all, and makes it more likely for Triborg to matador its way onto the vehicle.

- Homing rockets are nice, but not against something that can teleport or intercept them with their own, along with being able to turn into smoke.

- Triborg's invisibility lasts longer, and EMP projectiles can be dodged of course.

Once Triborg gets onto and inevitably into the truck, it becomes a 9-C vs. a High 8-C

Voting Triborg 10/10.

Eh, I'm not entirely sure about this matchup. What's Triborgs AP? If Needles ends up being stronger in AP, then I don't think that vote for Triborg should count considering the Truck is notably the most durable in the series (besides Dark Tooth... which really should be in ST's profile lol), plus he could instantly set up a shield the moment Triborg tries to take down the Truck with the addition of replicating attacks thrown at it. If Needles goes into the Sweet bot mode, he would gain a pretty good mobility advantage, shockwave attacks and flight.

> "rockets are nice, but not against something that can teleport or intercept them with their own, along with being able to turn into smoke."

Not if Needles is gonna be shooting a shit load of missles that can also freeze vehicles or Napalms, or intangible Laughing ghost. Granted Teleportation could dodge a few but not all, not sure about turning into Smoke.

> "Triborg's invisibility lasts longer, and EMP projectiles can be dodged of course"

How long does said invisibility last and does he uses it often? Sure they can be dodged, but one hit and he's down. Now Needles shouldn't have too much trouble dealing with Triborg since he has experiences with dealing with attacks that he uses.

Eh, I'm not entirely sure about this matchup. What's Triborgs AP? If Needles ends up being stronger in AP, then I don't think that vote for Triborg should count considering the Truck is notably the most durable in the series

This misses the entire point of my argument, Triborg does not have to take the truck on, just get inside, which he can easily do. There's no fighting the truck, just the 9-C inside it.

Not if Needles is gonna be shooting a shit load of missles that can also freeze vehicles or Napalms, or intangible Laughing ghost. Granted Teleportation could dodge a few but not all, not sure about turning into Smoke.

Triborg has no express limits to using his Teleportation or Intangibility, so when he sees a projectile coming, all he has to do is keep evading, which, being a robot, he won't tire out with doing so. Laughing Ghost being able to phase through things doesn't suddenly grant it NPI.

How long does said invisibility last and does he uses it often? Sure they can be dodged, but one hit and he's down. Now Needles shouldn't have too much trouble dealing with Triborg since he has experiences with dealing with attacks that he uses.

Approximately 10 seconds, but he can just use it again, nothing suggests he wouldn't if he plans to be evasive, like he would.

Also, not getting how Needles would handle Triborg, he's fairly used to derby styled fights, not fighting a single person outside a vehicle, he's going to have a real hard time with something so slippery as Triborg.

> "This misses the entire point of my argument, Triborg does not have to take the truck on, just get inside, which he can easily do. There's no fighting the truck, just the 9-C inside it."

Yeah, no. You act as if it's that casual and that there wouldn't be any issues ahead. You really underestimate the abilities, versatility, and mobility that Needles possesses. Firstly, not only is Triborg placed at a disadvantage due to range (while this gives Needles a major advantage), but getting in that vehicle let alone near it would result in a shockwave that can activate instantly or an EMP, ultimately messing up the arguement of getting in the vehicle. Not only that, but if Sweet decides to amp up his game by transforming to the Sweet bot. Yeah, that arguement really shouldn't apply if he's gonna be vibing up in the sky or running around.

> Triborg has no express limits to using his Teleportation or Intangibility, so when he sees a projectile coming, all he has to do is keep evading, which, being a robot, he won't tire out with doing so. Laughing Ghost being able to phase through things doesn't suddenly grant it NPI.

I wasn't even implying that it was NPI, why are you assuming that lol. Ok and like has he ever done that against foes with boaderline Danmaku? To say he would literally dodge all of that seems like an over exaggeration, since all he does is borrow the technique from Sektor which isn't all that impressive or something he usually spams. As for intangibility, he only turns to smoke and appears further back or behind the opponent, sorta the same with the former ability. To quote a certain skeleton, ya can't keep dodgin forever.

> "Approximately 10 seconds, but he can just use it again, nothing suggests he wouldn't if he plans to be evasive, like he would.

Also, not getting how Needles would handle Triborg, he's fairly used to derby styled fights, not fighting a single person outside a vehicle, he's going to have a real hard time with something so slippery as Triborg."

Yeah, and so can Sweet tooth. He can also just do this while in The Sweet Bot mode, making him unpredictable. And also, I said he has experiences going up against others with similar abilities and technique not a stickin robot. Although, he has fought and defeated the Iron Maide which is a pretty extraordinary feat.

My goodness, it's almost as if speed is equalized and therefore Triborg moves at the same speed as the truck, and gasp, he can teleport, inside the truck no less, are you suggesting Needles will activate an EMP before he's gibbed by the opponent in the passenger seat?

Okay, you didn't suggest it had NPI, so were you just bringing up Laughing Ghost as a non-argument? That's worse.

To say he would literally dodge all of that seems like an over exaggeration, since all he does is borrow the technique from Sektor which isn't all that impressive or something he usually spams. As for intangibility, he only turns to smoke and appears further back or behind the opponent, sorta the same with the former ability. To quote a certain skeleton, ya can't keep dodgin forever.

Uhm, yes he can, anything projectile based Triborg effectively nulls with frequent teleportation, invisibility, and intangibility, which he will use. Having more things to shoot something with will not, I repeat, will not, stop them from dodging if they have the necessary tools that believe it or not, function as a complete counter. Cyber Lin Kuei came completely out of nowhere when they captured Liang, their TP isn't just short distances.

Great, both opponents are invisible, what happens then? Nothing.

And also, I said he has experiences going up against others with similar abilities and technique not a stickin robot.

But you admit this is out of his expertise by saying that, in which I agree.

Aren't Triborg fights a 4v1 thing? Coulda sworn it's not 1 with all the powers but rather it's the 4 of them at once you fight. Also what's the AP here for both?

> "My goodness, it's almost as if speed is equalized and therefore Triborg moves at the same speed as the truck, and gasp, he can teleport, inside the truck no less, are you suggesting Needles will activate an EMP before he's gibbed by the opponent in the passenger seat?

Okay, you didn't suggest it had NPI, so were you just bringing up Laughing Ghost as a non-argument? That's worse."

Hey, buddy, mind toning it down a bit there? It's a darn harmless debate, you don't have to treat me as some dumbass here (despite the fact that I read the rules put onto this thread). Anyway, so you seemingly just ignored the shockwave attack and the Sweet Bot transformation preventing Triborg from yeeting Needles. Cool. If he tried to approach Needles, he could retaliate with an EMP attack, shutting down the Lin Kuei robot. That's if he doesn't teleport or goes smokey on em that is. But even then, I'm willing to bet he could land a hit along with spamming rockets while vibing in the sky invisible. Also no, it ain't bad or worse, it ties along with the weapons he starts with and spams.

> "Uhm, yes he can, anything projectile based Triborg effectively nulls with frequent teleportation, invisibility, and intangibility, which he will use. Having more things to shoot something with will not, I repeat, will not, stop them from dodging if they have the necessary tools that believe it or not, function as a complete counter. Cyber Lin Kuei came completely out of nowhere when they captured Liang, their TP isn't just short distances."

Yeah, I am aware that he can dodge em and that he uses them. It's the idea of him dodging everything that Needles have in his arsenal that I have an issue with. He's going to be charging at Needles, and is gonna have to attack somehow and not become Sans like opponent every time. Which is an issue if Needles have gattling guns, and loads of other stuff that can overwhelm Triborg. And with invisibility, it depends on who uses it first (Sweet tooth cough cough) because they both become incredibly unpredictable. But Sweet has the advantage in mobility when in Sweet bot mode, which could be a difficult task for Triborg since he's gonna be flying at all time, especially while invisible.

Stillwinston said:
Aren't Triborg fights a 4v1 thing? Coulda sworn it's not 1 with all the powers but rather it's the 4 of them at once you fight. Also what's the AP here for both?
Wait so are you saying there are certain ones that don't have every abilities available? If that's the case, then I'm leading towards Needles here.

Needles AP is well above 3.88 tons

Yeah I'm pretty sure with Triborg u fight each of them all at once based off that match with Eternal Champion. Idk about the AP for Triborg but I'd assume they are above 2 tons

Hmm alright, I will have to rethink a few things here...

So, I'm thinking he can easily take out the Cyrax, and maybe Sub-Zero bots since borderline Danmaku + EMP. The only real issue I could imagine would be Smoke and Sektor since they have some tactics of avoiding some, and I repeat, some of his attacks. Otherwise, once he switches over to The Sweet Bot, they will have some difficulties getting through Sweet Tooth while he, as said before, has advantages in the sky which includes his cloaking abilities and overall arsenal.

All of the abilities I'm taking into account could be done by a single Smoke, not an amalgamation or a group.

Hey, buddy, mind toning it down a bit there? It's a darn harmless debate, you don't have to treat me as some dumbass here (despite the fact that I read the rules put onto this thread). Anyway, so you seemingly just ignored the shockwave attack and the Sweet Bot transformation preventing Triborg from yeeting Needles. Cool. If he tried to approach Needles, he could retaliate with an EMP attack, shutting down the Lin Kuei robot.

Your response came off as sassy, it may have not been nice to react in the same way, but it felt necessary to stress the point. I never denied the EMP being an option, but those are projectiles he must fire, which again, are easily dodgeable.

Yeah, I am aware that he can dodge em and that he uses them. It's the idea of him dodging everything that Needles have in his arsenal that I have an issue with. He's going to be charging at Needles, and is gonna have to attack somehow and not become Sans like opponent every time.

Triborg has the advantage on Sans of by having ninja like reflexes and plenty other evasive abilities on top of that, with the cherry on top being the fact that Triborg is not a target that will be one-shot. He's >2.53 vs. >3.88, a 1.5x disadvantage.

A good example of a large arsenal not working against a more evasive opponent is the Wesker fight, just firing stuff at him was never going to be the answer.

The Sweet Bot, they will have some difficulties getting through Sweet Tooth while he, as said before, has advantages in the sky which includes his cloaking abilities and overall arsenal.

Flight consumes Turbo and is very finite.

If his AP is two times more than Needles, then I don't think the latter can win this at all, especially if it's a 4 v 1 setting.

Stomp?

I'm trying to was what was going on in this debate, legit all I read was teleportation and immediately knew who won

Well how about Sub Zero in his Cyber key would that be any better? Heck his first key might work too

All Cyber Lin Kuei teleport, the fodder drones have been doing it since MK9.

Back