• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, ST has been through some crazy stuff. If we actually look through his feats I'm sure there's bound to be something we can use to argue in his favour.

To be fair, both Swamp Things are exactly the same. Not just in concept, they're exactly the same character. The reason why they even have High-Godly regen is because Post-Flashpoint regenerated from the complete destruction of his multiverse and came back in the new one as the same character. So in theory, they should have all the same abilities. But for some reason, Classic has just a little more abilities, so I suggest you use him.

We should upgrade the lernean hydra to 2-A by now. It's obvious that it's Homura. A thread ends, and two start anew

unless swamp thing has feats of resisting memory manip of homuras level she wins...because as it is already stated ( 10000000 times) she starts the fight with memory manip ...

Homura loses to God Swamp Thing, but the 2-A matchup is more interesting.

Is Swamp thing resistant to Mind/Memory Manipulation or having his power drained? Because I don't think she can kill him, but she could incapacitate him fully.

Homura dies if that way she stops being spammed.

Who am I kidding, she'd then become zombie homura vs ...

I honestly can't blame spamming considering my experience with certain non-spam/not notorious characters.

Have fun bumping a thread for a month or two.

Don't really see Homura getting past High-Godly regen or realilty warping . I'll go with Swamp Thing.

Real Talk, if Swamp thing can duplicate and his mind is literally every single plant life/the entirety of the Green I don't see Homura instantly Memory Haxxing him so taking that into account it does leave things open to debate as whether or not Swamp could put her down before getting Memory Haxxed.

DMUA said:
Don't really see Homura getting past High-Godly regen or realilty warping . I'll go with Swamp Thing.
Reality warp is a meh ability on this level......homura can neutralize swamp thing with memory hax

See this:

"Putting simply, The Green is a metaphysical elemental realm connected to all plant life on Earth, the Universe, and Creation as a whole, inhabitted by the collective mind of the Parliament of Trees. Swamp Thing is The Green's Elemental, a being who wields and embodies its power to protect it against various threats."

"Of course, if there is a Green connected to all plant life in existence, there must also be other realms. And indeed, there is The Red which is connected to all Animal Life in the Multiverse, The Clear connected to all aquatic life in the Multiverse, The Grey which is connected to all fungal life in the Multiverse, and The Rot, connected to the death of all life in the Multiverse. There are even realms which exist
beyond The Green. This will return later."

"How does he do it? Simply put, Swamp-Thing will regenerate as long as The Green exists. So unless you can erase a metaphysical realm connected to all reality, and that was completely unaffected by the destruction of the infinite Pre-Crisis Multiverse, and has even been shown to be connected to other Multiverses (Lucifer's Multiverse in the Vertigo Series), good luck killing Swamp Thing."

I mean, Madoka is also a conceptual entity that is everywhere in the multiverse and it worked against her.

Dunno if it's the same tho

Taking this into account I really, really really don't see Memory Hax INSTANTLY putting him down without any manner of backlash seeing how Goddess Madoka did come close to returning to her Law of Cycles self despite having 0 resistances to Memory Hax or no manner of regen or any other manifestation whatsoever.

Considering Swamp thing could have many manifestations I'm relatively certain he can get around the memory haxxing in this manner and as far as I know power drain recquires direct physical contact so this is pretty debatable as I see it.

@Kaltias Well, my argument isn't that the Memory Hax is out of the table.

It's that in this case, it isn't "Memory Hax GG" by a long shot. I may see it eventually working if Homura stays in the game long enough but certainly I don't see it happening from the get go.

>Grabs popcorn

I love watching Fate debate.

Thank you very much.

>eats popcorn.

FateAlbane said:
Taking this into account I really, really really don't see Memory Hax INSTANTLY putting him down without any manner of backlash seeing how Goddess Madoka did come close to returning to her Law of Cycles self despite having 0 resistances to Memory Hax or no manner of regen or any other manifestation whatsoever.
Considering Swamp thing could have many manifestations I'm relatively certain he can get around the memory haxxing in this manner and as far as I know power drain recquires direct physical contact so this is pretty debatable as I see it.
Yes. I still stand aside Swamp Thing.

Isn't Homulilly's life absorption ranged though? Akuma Homura could be able to drain him without contact, but i'm really not sure about that.

Plus, it's true that Madoka came close to breaking free from it (isn't that a resistance feat on her part?) but if it connects she can just keep mindscrewing.

Either way I'll vote Swamp Thing here, too. Classic One is no stranger to the Memory Hax (he also has Memory Absorption of his own on top of what I already said), and considering his ridiculous levels of regen (as by comparison, Homura is way more attack than defense oriented) I believe the Swamp will outlast Homura and can also Overwhelm her with numbers via Duplication before he is put down himself.

He can regenerate all he wants if homura power drains him...like she did to madoka she will gain the right to toy with the concept of green as she did with the law of cycles.....full drain is not even needed....she didnt drain the law of cycles she just broke a part of them the same will happen in this situation...

Kaltias said:
Isn't Homulilly's life absorption ranged though? Akuma Homura could be able to drain him without contact, but i'm really not sure about that.
Plus, it's true that Madoka came close to breaking free from it (isn't that a resistance feat on her part?) but if it connects she can just keep mindscrewing.
But the thing is that Madoka still has one manifestation and almost broke free (she actually did break free the first time too before Homura power drained), and Homura was close to her to do the memory hax again, while Swamp Thing can manifestate from whatever plant life as the metaphysical Green is there and his powers seem to work even if his connection to the green is entirely cut, going from his regen for example.

Nonetheless I'll have to vote the green thing here.

Chaospaladin15 said:
He can regenerate all he wants if homura power drains him...like she did to madoka she will gain the right to toy with the concept of green as she did with the law of cycles.....full drain is not even needed....she didnt drain the law of cycles she just broke a part of them the same will happen in this situation...
Recquires physical contact. When Madoka was power drained she was entirely offguard, what makes you think Swamp Thing will stay there letting Homura do that?

Plus Swamp Thing can reform and manifestate even if he is torn apart from The Green so that whole 'she did it to the Law of Cycles' is not flying. Homura isn't memory haxxing the entirety of the green and every plant life in existence while also power draining the entirety of the green and Swamp Thing with a finger snap.

Comparing feats, that's beyond even her paycheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back