• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Supersonic Mario

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
Finally fixing the Mario verse's god-awful speed section. Though not a downgrade, just giving him a new travel speed rating. For now.

A continuation of the last thread in which we found that the only other travel feat in the verse page was unusable, let's just make this easy.

Mario is able to outrun Koopa the Quick, who states that he is using Mach 1 sprint shoes.

Mach 1 is Transonic. But he is fast enough to be seen as a blur to him. So, he upscales from that.

In multiple games, he's shown to be much faster than cannonballs which are 449.5 m/s on average. That's Supersonic.

So Supersonic travel speed with Massively FTL+ combat speed would be the verse's new rating although, don't expect the gap to stay that high.

Agree:
Disagree:
Neutral:

You could go for the bros outrunning enemies lightning on foot; lasers are a bit weird in verse.
No real issues here though agree for the most part since we should start somewhere small.

You could go for the bros outrunning enemies lightning on foot; lasers are a bit weird in verse.
No real issues here though agree for the most part since we should start somewhere small.
Iirc, the lightning they moved with wasn’t exactly real lightning.

Finally fixing the Mario verse's god-awful speed section. Though not a downgrade, just giving him a new travel speed rating. For now.

A continuation of the last thread in which we found that the only other travel feat in the verse page was unusable, let's just make this easy.

Mario is able to outrun Koopa the Quick, who states that he is using Mach 1 sprint shoes.

Mach 1 is Transonic. But he is fast enough to be seen as a blur to him. So, he upscales from that.

In multiple games, he's shown to be much faster than cannonballs which are 449.5 m/s on average. That's Supersonic.

So Supersonic travel speed with Massively FTL+ combat speed would be the verse's new rating although, don't expect the gap to stay that high.

Agree:
Disagree:
Neutral:
not really sure if I agree with the Supersonic reasoning, Mario surely is faster than some cannonballs shown there, but also slower than anothers (the red ones), perhaps the cannonballs don't have the IRL speed? I'm neutral for now, but I agree with Transonic because it's so explicit that it even hurts.

Btw, if you guys give me good answers about the cannonball speed then i will agree with Supersonic

not really sure if I agree with the Supersonic reasoning, Mario surely is faster than some cannonballs shown there, but also slower than anothers (the red ones), perhaps the cannonballs don't have the IRL speed? I'm neutral for now, but I agree with Transonic because it's so explicit that it even hurts.

Btw, if you guys give me good answers about the cannonball speed then i will agree with Supersonic
I believe the red cannonballs are just faster than normal ones, and their coloring is meant to reflect their enhanced nature. Though, I wouldn’t be opposed to Transonic if I’m wrong.

Back