• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman (Post Crisis) vs. Wonder Woman (Post Crisis)

I know this has most likely been done before, but after dceased I thought might as well take another shot.

Takes place on earth, Start 100 m away, both bloodlusted, no morals.

Godwave is allowed

Superman:2

Wonder Woman:

Superman is the only one with Non Physical Interaction, in a place like the Phantom Zone, he's the only one that hit Diana, while Diana is basically swinging at air.

Superman stomps.

He can literally go intangible at will, denying WW even the ability to hit him while he can retaliate with impunity. WW lacks Non-Physical interaction, meaning that her strikes, lasso and tiara will do nothing against Supes.

Even bloodlusted, intangibility is never really Superman's go-to, but the main thing he'd do is try to take Wonder Woman up into the sun, and try to throw her into it. Which would probably work, seeing her lack of resistance to Heat. Either way, pretty sure Superman has the AP Advantage, being the strongest member of the league (Some say MMH is physically, but i doubt that, according to one of the respect threads, he's survivided punches from a guy who one-shot MMH.)

Bloodlusted might be too much for WW though, he'll probably just blitz her like he's done before, his first thing would be Heat Vision, which may be blocked by Wonder Woman, but just in time for Supes to fly in and give a good old beat down, before taking her to the sun.

Intagibility will be his first move because they're bloodlusted. Supes knows WW and what she can do. The same is true for WW. The difference becomes that Supes has powers she doesn't have counters for while he has coutners to her. Why would he go for a plan that requires far more risk when there's a better option.

AP advantage? There isn't, at least nothing practical. They both are around 615 kilofoe. Blitz? They both are around the same speed.

They are around the same speed, yeah, but Superman has blitzed Wonder Woman to the sun when he thought she was doomsday, and was blood lusted, which is why I say that's probably his beginning move.

PapiSavitar5025 said:
(Some say MMH is physically, but i doubt that, according to one of the respect threads, he's survivided punches from a guy who one-shot MMH.)
Doomsday even stated that J'onn's physical power wasn't as much as Superman's.

Wonder Woman's only real advantage here is that she is a lot more skilled than Superman in fighting. But like C2 has pointed out, she has no answer to Superman going intangible and pulling a Reverse Flash on her. I vote Superman.

Guess I'll go for Supes via intangibility, lobotomization which Wonder Woman probably has no answer her, so he could just look at her in the eyes, use X-Ray Vision, and turn her brain to ash.

Well, Superman is bloodlusted and he knows what WW is capable of so he'll go for stuff that he knows she can't handle.

LordUrien935 said:
Well, Superman is bloodlusted and he knows what WW is capable of so he'll go for stuff that he knows she can't handle.
Would he though? How many times has he actually used his intangibility in combat?

InfiniteSped said:
Would he though? How many times has he actually used his intangibility in combat?
Once you bloodlust a character, everything they can do becomes fair game. Even if character wouldn't normal use a certain move/power/technique for whatever reason, that ability becomes fair game when the character is bloodlust.

Also, Superman does uses intagibility from time to time. He's used it for more serious moments or matters (rematch with Doomsday, when fighting Mongul II & Mongal and when he vibrated a phantom planet out of reality when it was going to collide with Earth).

Well, this site does seem to treat bloodlust more as "whatever the debater wants" mode, but if he only ever used it a few times, I don't see why he'd be assumed to use it here.

Do you have the scans for those instances?

PapiSavitar5025 said:
Guess I'll go for Supes via intangibility, lobotomization which Wonder Woman probably has no answer her, so he could just look at her in the eyes, use X-Ray Vision, and turn her brain to ash.
2 for superman unless savitar decides he is changing his vote.

Also, on the topic of intangibility, if it's a stomp in supes favor, I'll note that he either can't use it, or he doesn't start with it immediately.

Obi2cool4kenobi said:
Also, on the topic of intangibility, if it's a stomp in supes favor, I'll note that he either can't use it, or he doesn't start with it immediately.
If you restrict his intagibility, this thread cannot be added to the profiles. Same thing with trying to modify his behavior.

Well, What makes WW unable to attack intangible beings? Is it because she outright can't, or she never has fought an intangible being before and we don't know?

Obi2cool4kenobi said:
Well, What makes WW unable to attack intangible beings? Is it because she outright can't, or she never has fought an intangible being before and we don't know?
She's never demonstrated that she can do it (at least, that I know of). Non-Physical Interaction is a literal power and she doesn't have it.

Makes sense. On supes profile, it says limited intagibility, so can he do it once or a couple times and then he's exhausted or is there no limit to how much he can do it and he could basically use it the entire fight?

There's not really a limit. He can do it as long as he as access to his powers. The only way to really I see him not being able to do it is if:

A. He's too weak to. (Physical injury, his solar reserves are low, or exposed to kryponite)

B. His opponent has a way to counter it. (Resistance to intangible attacks, has Non-Physical interaction, or has something that stops intagibility)

I believe that he has to become tangible to attack physically again and I've never seen him do stuff like Flash. (EX: Flash once phased Amazo's brain out of his head)

Yeah flash's phasing is pretty ridiculous. So wonder woman doesnt have non physical interation, but does she have resistance to intangible attacks, or could her godwave negate intagibility?

InfiniteSped said:
Well, this site does seem to treat bloodlust more as "whatever the debater wants" mode
If by that you mean "X character uses tactics and powers they normally don't use thanks to PIS", then you're going to want to to take a trip outside of this wiki sometime, because that's been the definition of bloodlust in VS communities since before this place existed.

And no, that is 100% not hyperbole.

Bloodlust proof

Back