• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman Misinformation

So I understand the admins have been swamped by Superman fans trying to get him to universal and multiversal but I did notice misinformation on the feats from the post Crisis page as well as the post Flashpoint page.

For one "Durability Negation (His heat vision works on a microscopic level)" is not an actual example of that. Superman didn't use his heat vision to lobotomize Manchester Black, he merely gave him a concussion. Superman literally admits to this at the end of the comic. I would send scans but for some reason I can't, so I'll just send the comic name: Action Comics Vol. 1 #775. This isn't to say Superman can't use his heat vision on s microscopic level but this Manchester battle certainly isn't proof of that.

Another thing, "Cancelled out True Form Darksied by singing with counter vibrations" for some odd reason it's not acknowledged that True Form Darkseid was weakened when Superman canceled him out with a scream. By this point Darkseid was literally already in the final stages of radion poisoning, which is acknowledged in scan, and also by this point Darksied had already claimed by the Black Racer. Literally TF Darkseid was on his last legs which is reflected in his design. Where as when TF Darkseid was orginally shown at the beginning of the event to be very large and clean, darkseid by the time Superman screams at him is small and looks dirty, reflecting his diminished state.

"(Can become intangible and turn invisible via phasing)" - do you mean via vibrating? Cause that's how he does it. He doesn't become invisible by becoming intangible clearly.

"Empathic Manipulation (Calmed a creature down with a touch)" - Not only does the scan show Superman talking to the animal, meaning he did it with more than a touch but furthermore there is no actual indication that Superman manipulated or control the creatures emotions. He literally just did the same thing animal tamers do throughout real life and fiction, calmly touches the creature and tells it to calm down. Literally no empathic manipulation is nessecary to even pull off this feat let alone shown. This is literally a basic depiction of animal taming.

"Astral Projection (He taught it to his wife Lois)" - The reason why that's there is because Superman hasn't astral projected and frankly due to that it shouldn't be there. If only Lois has astral projected of her own volition, than you can't attribute that to Superman when he has never showed it just because he knows the same martial art. That just doesn't actually make sense. Just because s teacher and a student know the same martial art doesn't mean the teacher can do everything the student can.

"Absorbed energy from an EM gum" - There is literally no indication in any of scans provided that Superman absorbed it. In fact it's literally shown that the energy is deflecting off him in the scans.

"Geothermal energy (Learned to leech power from the Earth around him)" - If I'm not mistaken, Superman has only done this in alternate futures and universes. I can't see the image cause it's on goggle content and missing, so I could be wrong on that.

" He is capable of covering biological energy into Solar Energy" - while there is no scan for this, it should be acknowledged that this is referring to Doctor Faulkner, then that was already acknowledged to be a form of solar energy at several points in the comic. He didn't convert it, he just absorbed it. I can cite this one if you need it

"Limited Space Time Manipulation (Capable of opening and closing holes in the fabric of space time)" - so is it gonna be acknowledged that this is done via static electricity and heat Vision not physicals? Cause that's how people are gonna assume it to be.

So, to summarize, no negativity, all love; there are various points at which there is misinformation on Superman's page for feats. Did anyone proof read these before adding them or investigate the claims? Cause these shouldn't have slipped past.

Astral Projection (He taught it to his wife Lois)" - The reason why that's there is because Superman hasn't astral projected and frankly due to that it shouldn't be there. If only Lois has astral projected of her own volition, than you can't attribute that to Superman when he has never showed it just because he knows the same martial art. That just doesn't actually make sense. Just because s teacher and a student know the same martial art doesn't mean the teacher can do everything the student can.
Didn't he also showcase something like this with Satanish or whatever his name was?

But I disagree with this. If he didn't know how to do it, he wouldn't have taught it to her.

Yes i disagree with astral projection removal, a teacher should absolutely know everything a student knows unless the later is a prodigy or a genius, which lois isn't AFAIK

Also if he especifically taught her the astral stuff besides just the martial art, he obviously needs to know how to do it.

The rest is fine

Actually, I do not agree that a character doesn't need to have an astral projection superpower to understand tactics or understandings of how it functions. Similar to how a Guru doesn't need to be the Avatar to teach how the Avatar State works. But I'm still neutral on that one overall.

Didn't he also showcase something like this with Satanish or whatever his name was?

But I disagree with this. If he didn't know how to do it, he wouldn't have taught it to her.
Superman didn't teach her to astral project, she astral projected while he was teaching her the Torquasms. If you don't believe me check out Adventures of Superman #585. This is the first time Lois ever astral projects. Superman is teaching her the Torquasms and he had no idea she astral projected until she came back shocked.

According to Superman, Torquasm Rao is known to stimulate the brain centers…inducing altered states of consciousness, Lois didn’t go anywhere her consciousness just widened.

So not only has Superman not shown the ability to astral project, but he didn't teach it to her, he just taught her the Tarquasms and figured that when she did astral project that she just widened her consciousness after not realizing that she was doing that in the first place.

Yes i disagree with astral projection removal, a teacher should absolutely know everything a student knows unless the later is a prodigy or a genius, which lois isn't AFAIK

Also if he especifically taught her the astral stuff besides just the martial art, he obviously needs to know how to do it.

The rest is fine
Superman didn't teach her to astral project, she astral projected while he was teaching her the Torquasms. If you don't believe me check out Adventures of Superman #585. This is the first time Lois ever astral projects. Superman is teaching her the Torquasms and he had no idea she astral projected until she came back shocked.

According to Superman, Torquasm Rao is known to stimulate the brain centers…inducing altered states of consciousness, Lois didn’t go anywhere her consciousness just widened.

So not only has Superman not shown the ability to astral project, but he didn't teach it to her, he just taught her the Tarquasms and figured that when she did astral project that she just widened her consciousness after not realizing that she was doing that in the first place.

Actually, I do not agree that a character doesn't need to have an astral projection superpower to understand tactics or understandings of how it functions. Similar to how a Guru doesn't need to be the Avatar to teach how the Avatar State works. But I'm still neutral on that one overall.
Yeah he comes to understand the mechanics, but he never shows that he can actually perform it.

The rest is fine
So for clarity, you agree with everything except the astral projection part?

What about the demon example? Been a long time since o read it, so can't remember, but didn't he enter astral plane to fight him?

What about the demon example? Been a long time since o read it, so can't remember, but didn't he enter astral plane to fight him?
I'd have to see the see the story again depending on what story he is referring to. He said Satannish that that doesn't single out any specific encounter. So I'm going to need to the comic name and number so everyone in the thread can investigate it

Not Satannish, that's a marvel character. My bad. I keep getting him confused.

But he was this big villain being teased for quite a few years and then he finally fought superman in hell because he offers himself to save metropolis. And then defeats him.anime style "power of friendship/love".

I think it's the same arc as this

Not Satannish, that's a marvel character. My bad. I keep getting him confused.

But he was this big villain being teased for quite a few years and then he finally fought superman in hell because he offers himself to save metropolis. And then defeats him.anime style "power of friendship/love".

I think it's the same arc as this
Oh if it's the same storyline as Lois astral projecting than it is when that one Devil guy, Satanus, took over Metropolis and then he offered to trade Metropolis for Superman which Superman agreed to. Satanus takes Superman to "Hell" (which is contested on whether that was actual hell or not) to torture him and due to Adversary turning against him via power friendship, The devil released them all. Superman didn't astral project anywhere, but he was taken places.

Yes, and would help if you brought scans since he could just be unaware that she learned it fast
Yeah I wish I could bring scans. But my phone won't let me. Yeah of course he was unaware because before and after she astral projected, he never did, not even in the moment he was teaching her the Torquasms.

First things first, can someone link a thread that tried to get superman to multiversal?

In all seriousness, I agree with this, pretty interesting stuff, I'd prefer if I could look at the scans myself, but this is alright.

This seems uncontroversial to apply to me as well. Would you be willing to handle it @Confluctor?

Also, you need to remove the corresponding power categories at the bottom of the pages as well.

I will open the locked pages for you.

Tell me here when you are done.

" He is capable of covering biological energy into Solar Energy" - while there is no scan for this, it should be acknowledged that this is referring to Doctor Faulkner, then that was already acknowledged to be a form of solar energy at several points in the comic. He didn't convert it, he just absorbed it. I can cite this one if you need it
actually, what do I do about this?

I will remove energy manipulation for the time being, but if its wrong, I can fix it tomorrow.

Thank you for the help.

I think that I locked the page earlier for safety reasons, but can unlock it for you again if it is deemed necessary.

So should I unlock any pages or not, and if so, which ones?

Back