• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman (Christopher Reeve) vs Thanos (MCU) (GRACE)

Vizer04

He/Him
864cce9883347771fe12b998cf391df1a3598de3-1906x2550.jpg
d6f90ee02ddadc463514b996b2d82c38.jpg

Superman's High 7-A key and Thanos with Incomplete Infinity Gauntlet (containing the Power Stone and Space Stone)

Both in character and Speed Equalized

Superman:

The Mad Titan: 7 (@Emirp sumitpo, @Bernkastelll, @Soma_King, @Dalesean027, @Sonicflare9, @Coolboy6 and @Abstraction_of_Mainland)

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
What does Superman usually open with, I remember him usually going for that melee

Firstly Thanos dominates in close combat. Superman scales above 2.72 Gigatons while Thanos slapped someone who's 3.75 Gigatons. He has the AP and LS advantage, as well as much greater combat experience and feats than Superman, meaning if Superman were to attempt to attack him in close combat, he's gonna get clapped pretty easily. It doesn't help that Thanos has the power stone, meaning he could very much one-shot Superman if tries to use it.

The main wincons I see for Superman here tho is freeze breath, flight and maybe his illusions? he could potentially try to BFR Thanos into space, but that would only be if he could tackle Thanos push him up there, and considering the AP and LS advantage, Thanos could just knock Super before he manages to do that, or if Supes came charging at him. As for freeze breath, Thanos could just use the space stone to shield himself against it, or maybe counter it with the power stone, or try to shoot Superman with it. As for illusions, Thanos could just use the power stone to break them like he did with Dr Strange, and I don't think Superman's illusions can even harm Thanos. Also if Supes ever tries his laser vision, Thanos could try to block with his sword

In conclusion, Thanos takes this with Low to Mid Diff if Supes uses his Hax, but if Superman goes and tries bullrush him, then it's a GG for Supes.

I vote Thanos

Last edited:
Actually Superman scales about ten times higher than what Thanos scales to in terms of lifting strength.
That probably increases the chances of Superman just using BFR on Thanos, but I'm pretty sure Thanos could just punch or shoot him with the powers tone. And I dunno how in character is this for Supes

Back