• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Sonic's speed(possible feat/upgrade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note:This technically isn't my original idea but I do support it.

[COLOR=rgba(0,0,0,0.87)]In Sonic Advance 3,Super Sonic chased Ultimate Gemerl out into space.The Gizoid had to be stopped(because reasons).

Eggman followed Super Sonic into space to aid him against his defiant creation.I consider Eggman's part in this PIS Game Mechanic as he shouldn't have been much help to a Planetary being nor should his Egg Mobile have been able to keep pace.

Eggman aside,Super Sonic caught up to Gemerl within 6 seconds (only counting the moment Super Sonic flew off to the cutscene's end.Not counting the Ed-of-Zone Tally or the level banner that's advertised for several seconds upon reaching him).I the Background of "Nonaggression",what resembles molecular cloud/stars can been seen:[/COLOR]

Nonagression
See the resemblance?

Star-pismis-sternhaufen-open-clusters 121-11186
Star Cluster

[COLOR=rgba(0,0,0,0.87)]That in the background fits the bill for an Open Cluster.It even exhibits the traits of stars with its constant twinkling .

With all that said,Super Sonic flew towards a Star Cluster in 6 seconds.

The closest Star Cluster to Earth(Hyades) is 153 Light-years away.

153 LY = 1447460850000000000 Metres

1447460850000000000 [/COLOR]
├À[COLOR=rgba(0,0,0,0.87)] 6 = 2.4124348e+17 m / s

That's [/COLOR]
804701631.28653490543 c

That's over 804 million times FTL

EDIT:ALTERNATE CALC

The reason I didn't do this at first is because of the Sonic-Verse's inconsistent depictions of destroyed celestial bodies.Nothing ever stays destroyed.

Takashi Iizuka states that the half-blown part of the moon is always kept hiden while the remainder faces the planet's rotation,explaining the inconsistency.

Despite this,the entirety of the moon has still appeared in Post-SA2 Game continuity...

However seeing as Iizuka is the key producer,director,and designer within Sonic Team I'll take his word as fact and say that the Sonic-verse has indeed has consistent astronomy.

That addressed,on to the second calc:

In Sonic Battle,the Final Egg Blaster obliterated Hyades.This means they I'd have to use the distance of the second clostest Open Cluster to make this calculation.This would mean an even higher degree of MFTL+ speed(duh)

The second closest Star Cluster (Coma) is 280 Light-years away.Again,Super Sonic flew towards the Cluster in 6 seconds.

280 LY = 2649004532322624000 Metres

2649004532322624000 / 6 = 4.4150076e+17 m / s

That's 1472688015.386964798 c

Aka over 147 billion times FTL

Thoughts?(please check for any problems and feel free to point them out)

Such as a variable tier for his inconsistent super form, which includes his speed as well for that Solaris incident. You may read through the most recent Sonic Revisions summary for more info.

Yeah the Sonic Rush feat was just an aesthetic, although this Advance 3 feat looks legit, only problem i see is that Sonic Advance 3 takes place after Battle, and in that game the Hyades cluster was destroyed by Eggmans FEB. So perhaps the 2nd closest star cluster to Earth should be used.

Dust Collector said:
Yeah the Sonic Rush feat was just an aesthetic, although this Advance 3 feat looks legit, only problem i see is that Sonic Advance 3 takes place after Battle, and in that game the Hyades cluster was destroyed by Eggmans FEB. So perhaps the 2nd closest star cluster to Earth should be used.
What is the 2nd closest star cluster to Earth?

It's very hard for me to focus on revising the Sonic verse when multiple threads proposing even more upgrades surface every other day. I am trying to organize the Sonic canon and then revise the profiles of the verse which will require and considerable amount of time, threads that will require debating, and effort. I'm not dismissing the feat but I can't really argue for or against it either.

Btw Sonic Advance 3 does not take place after Sonic Battle. All Advance games take place before Shadow the Hedgehog. Battle takes place sometime after Shadow the Hedgehog due to continuity errors were this not the case.

Since Sera is already handling the Sonic revisions, I think that it seems best if I close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back