• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super paper mario question.

So the Pure hearts are like the embodiment of love itself. I wonder why this is not also conceptual manipulation.

Garson Page

The Ancients researched this power, believing it to be the universe's only
salvation. And these Pure Hearts were thus created... The shining embodiment
of love itself. Their combined brilliance will negate the destruction born of
the Chaos Heart... we hope

Why is it not conceptual manipulation? It clearly refers to love as a concept. It is the only salvation against the Chaos heart. It can affect entire universe.

My guess is that the Pure Hearts don't literally conceptually embody love, but rather became what the intelligent life-forms decided to use as the first symbol of love, as a figurative embodiment of it, like how a statue of a famous person can be considered as the embodiment of their integrity after they die. Due to the actual powers that the Pure Hearts have, they were worthy of the title, like how a statue being made with rich material would be a suitable object to attribute sentimental value to in addition to its monetary value.

I think my interpretation goes along with what is logically the case. Love, as in sexual attraction or deeply bonded friendship, never got invented one day nor randomly spawned one day; it's a psychological and social aspect of life-forms with enough complexity to utilize it, that slowly became what we know today humans. There clearly was an ancient civilization that most likely had to reproduce and have relations over a period of time to somehow get as advanced as it did, before the Pure Hearts were discovered, so literal love most likely did exist in the setting before the Pure Hearts did.

I don't completely doubt the idea of the Pure Hearts literally being manifestations of love though; I think you should wait for someone else to write what they think after my post.

Sorry for the late reply. The pure hearts had the same reason for Gow hope.

I don't see why it isn't conceptual manipulation

Sorry for the late reply. The pure hearts had the same reason for Gow hope.

I don't see why it isn't conceptual manipulation
Other important objects in other fictional works can have more and/or different information about them that provides the correct portrayal and/or context that the object has conceptual manipulation, whereas it's not very clear with the Pure Hearts. I don't even know if what you're referring to should be regarded as having conceptual manipulation either, since I haven't analyzed it myself.

Back