• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Supe vs Martial Artist: Homelander vs Kuroki Gensai (0-1-0)

Kuroki hears about various rumors about American 'Heroes' and decides to pit his strength against the 'strongest' Supe.

Homelander:

Kuroki Gensai: 1 (MintyBoi1)

C2, WTH, man?!:

Speed Equalized. NOTE: Unless Speed Unequal would make for a better match.

SBA otherwise.

Last edited:
So Gensai is stronger and far more skilled. He should be able to easily predict all of Homelander’s moves and pierce him with the Devil Lance. The only problems are heat vision and flight. The LS difference also makes things dangerous for Gensai. But prediction, afterimages, and information analysis will make it exceedingly hard for Homelander to land a killing blow. Unless he just camps out Gensai with flight which I don’t think he would if his ego’s being shattered, I’m voting Gensai.

One thing to note: it's possible that some of the damage of Kuroki's may be offset by how hard HL's bodily tissues are. Kuroki's effectiveness when striking is partly due to hitting in ways that strike directly at the organs. Homelander is somewhat resistant to this kind of damage. It won't negate much but it might take off a bit of the edge.

TBH, it's kind of grey area given everything in play, though and I wouldn't be shocked if it doesn't amount to much in the long run...

The only scenario in which Homelander does anything of value is if he flies off and shoots lasers from afar for the rest of forever, but even that won't reach Kuroki because it's literally just a straight line that comes out of his eyes, Kuroki will effortlessly dodge it.

One thing to note: it's possible that some of the damage of Kuroki's may be offset by how hard HL's bodily tissues are. Kuroki's effectiveness when striking is partly due to hitting in ways that strike directly at the organs. Homelander is somewhat resistant to this kind of damage. It won't negate much but it might take off a bit of the edge.

TBH, it's kind of grey area given everything in play, though and I wouldn't be shocked if it doesn't amount to much in the long run...
Devil Lance also wouldn't be as effective as it should be due to his resistance to piercing damage and the fact that his insides are just as durable as his outsides.
Thats a stomp. The only way to make this fair is by not using speed equal, otherwise Kuroki just destroys
Speed unequal. Let's see where this goes.
Homie blitz the hell out of Kuroki with unequal speed and oneshots with heat vision.

Speed Unequal is winnable if Homelander doesn't immediately begin with Heat Vision. At close-range, Kuroki can exploit his arrogance and unwillingness to dodge to one-shot with a vital strike with Devil Lance. Kuroki upscales a lot from his value, and he's already the stronger fighter, so he shouldn't have much issue piercing Homelander's flesh with his spear hand.

Speed Unequal is winnable if Homelander doesn't immediately begin with Heat Vision. At close-range, Kuroki can exploit his arrogance and unwillingness to dodge to one-shot with a vital strike with Devil Lance. Kuroki upscales a lot from his value, and he's already the stronger fighter, so he shouldn't have much issue piercing Homelander's flesh with his spear hand.
Devil Lance also wouldn't be as effective as it should be due to his resistance to piercing damage and the fact that his insides are just as durable as his outsides.

Devil Lance is very good piercing. I'm fairly sure that even those with a resistance to piercing still got severely damaged by Devil Lance. Ohma has a bunch of techniques to increase resistance to piercing and Devil Lance still easily pierces him.

Not to mention, I'm fairly certain most of the piercing weapons Homelander ever encounters are several tiers weaker than his base durability. His "piercing resistance" is probably just him being 8-A against normal humans.

Either way, Kuroki will win. Equal speed, he wins easily. Unequal speed, he has to exploit Homelander's arrogance to strike a vital/pressure point to end the fight quickly. At the end of the day he wins.

Devil Lance is very good piercing. I'm fairly sure that even those with a resistance to piercing still got severely damaged by Devil Lance. Ohma has a bunch of techniques to increase resistance to piercing and Devil Lance still easily pierces him.
Fair enough.
Not to mention, I'm fairly certain most of the piercing weapons Homelander ever encounters are several tiers weaker than his base durability. His "piercing resistance" is probably just him being 8-A against normal humans.
Kimiko who is 8-C at max can be harmed by knives, saws, and normal bullets because she has no piercing resistance. Starlight who is also 8-C at max, on the other hand, is bulletproof because she has piercing resistance. It's a real thing.

Either way, Kuroki will win. Equal speed, he wins easily. Unequal speed, he has to exploit Homelander's arrogance to strike a vital/pressure point to end the fight quickly. At the end of the day he wins.
I doubt Homelander will act arrogant when he feels Kuroki's aura.

How strong is the aura anyway? Is it so strong that he can't even just stare at him and heat vision?
Kuroki would easily dodge heat vision because Homelander's eyes glow before the beams fire, so he'd just predict it and step to the side before it launches.

Kuroki would easily dodge heat vision because Homelander's eyes glow before the beams fire, so he'd just predict it and step to the side before it launches.

Sometimes it has a short buildup, sometimes it doesn't. The beam and his eyes also move 63.37 times faster than Kuroki (I think? None of Kengan's speed calculations seem to be approved and the entire verse is Subsonic despite there being multiple calculations putting them well above that on the verse page).

It would more likely than not have a short buildup if Homelander is disheveled and overwhelmed by Kuroki's aura.

Kuroki has superior AP, Skill, and Intelligence. I am pretty sure he has fought People faster than him before and won. If Homelander does get close enough to use LS, Kuroki has far superior CQC and Striking Strength.
Voting Kuroki. Homelander is a Base Spiderman Victim.

It would more likely than not have a short buildup if Homelander is disheveled and overwhelmed by Kuroki's aura.
Lol, this is basically the equivalent of you trying to kill a snail by aiming a gun at it and shooting but the snail somehow dodges it just because it knows you're aiming at it.
Kuroki has superior AP, Skill, and Intelligence. I am pretty sure he has fought People faster than him before and won. If Homelander does get close enough to use LS, Kuroki has far superior CQC and Striking Strength.
Voting Kuroki. Homelander is a Base Spiderman Victim.
Faster but still within the same speed tier as him and he needed foresight to do it. Homie is dozens of times above that.

Lol, this is basically the equivalent of you trying to kill a snail by aiming a gun at it and shooting but the snail somehow dodges it just because it knows you're aiming at it.
That's basically how Foresight works, lol.

Back