• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sun Wukong VS Konpaku Yomu (Lego Monkie Kid VS Touhou Project) 5/3/0

I’ll play devils advocate and go for Youmu then by going off the profiles:

• Youmu would likely start the battle by keeping her distance and spamming her danmaku which would take care of Sun’s clones and stop him from getting up close and one tapping. Her vibration manip can also stagger nearby people.
  • Sun would have trouble being able to dodge because of how cracked Touhou danmaku is.
  • Her soul manip would ignore the ap disadvantage she’s at by attacking Sun’s soul.
  • She herself is able to turn invulnerable via using slash of eternity, temporarily negating the ap gap
  • Assuming speed is unequal, then getting blitzed isn’t a problem as Youmu likely has the vastly larger scaling chain in speed considering how early on in the series the Infinite speed feats occur. Her space time manip also says it slows down time to a near stop
  • Skill is a non factor considering how relative they are due to Sun’s experience and Youmu downscaling from characters like Marisa who have cracked skill feats.
  • Youmu’s phantom half can fight on their own.
  • There’s also the fact that Youmu has empathetic manip that Sun doesn’t resist.
So basically Youmu is untouchable for Sun wukong and all her attacks likely destroy his soul I guess so Youmu fra
Well I doubt Youmu could simply beat Sun Wukong via targeting his soul considering Sun Wukong has shown to resist the Samadhi Fire that can erase existence itself which includes the entire underworld that has souls in it

Also Wukong is vastly above characters who have infinite speed scaling + can amplify his speed further by simply increasing his power level and cloud nimbus

Votes are now 5-3

Also I already said that we're scaling them off like with their high end stats of being countless hundreds of dreams instead of specific numbers in order to even out the stats

Last edited:
Well I doubt Youmu could simply beat Sun Wukong via targeting his soul considering Sun Wukong has shown to resist the Samadhi Fire that can erase existence itself which includes the entire underworld that has souls in it

Also Wukong is vastly above characters who have infinite speed scaling + can amplify his speed further by simply increasing his power level and cloud nimbus
On this site, resistance to soul erasure doesn’t equal resistance to soul manip.

For example just because someone resists having their body erased it doesn’t mean they can resist someone using biological manipulation to alter it or are immune to conventional damage which is what’s happening here. Basically Youmu is just chipping away at Sun’s soul rather than outright erasing it.

Regarding speed, Youmu can just slow time if she’s getting blitzed, which I doubt tbh.

Sun Wukong has extreme layered mental resistances so any mind fuckery won't work

Sun Wukong is passively invulnerable but can still feel pain

The danmaku will keep him at bay but is bearable and nullifiable with dodging and just straight up blasting them away

The soul stuff isn't an instant win as spirit powers in Touhou work by beating up opponents relative to you before it fully works

The phantom half is nothing but a discounted 72 transformations copy

With skill being even, this makes Sun Wukong's clones very vital as a fight between 2 similarly skilled opponents ultimately comes down to numbers and chances

There are more chances of Yomu getting restrained and killed/sealed than Yomu stealing his soul first

Sun Wukong has extreme layered mental resistances so any mind fuckery won't work
Empathetic manipulation is distinguished from mind manip. You’d need feats of resisting empathetic manip specifically, that and the fact that Youmu’s empathetic manip targets the heart, not mind.
Sun Wukong is passively invulnerable but can still feel pain
Youmu can also become invulnerable while negating Sun’s invulnerability with her spirit manipulation. Heck, if you’re saying they both scale to countless hundred of universes then Youmu could just overwhelm him with pain then with her danmaku.
The danmaku will keep him at bay but is bearable and nullifiable with dodging and just straight up blasting them away
Once again if they are equal stats then Wukong will be overwhelmed by a flurry of projectiles, with each one being able to decently hurt him and if he just blasts her attacks away she can just make more lol. Also I doubt Sun Wukong has dodging feats that would be able to evade Touhou level danmku
The soul stuff isn't an instant win as spirit powers in Touhou work by beating up opponents relative to you before it fully works
Rendered moot by the fact that other Touhou characters actually resist spirit manip while Sun doesn’t. Also I’ve literally never heard any supporter say that the potency of Touhou’s soul manip has to do with the strength of their opponent.
The phantom half is nothing but a discounted 72 transformations copy
Sun Wukong would be having trouble beating Youmu by herself alone so even one other clone would be enough to overwhelm him.
With skill being even, this makes Sun Wukong's clones very vital as a fight between 2 similarly skilled opponents ultimately comes down to numbers and chances
Her danmaku and vibration manip would be able to hold all of them back . In fact Youmu likely even has the skill advantage by a wide margin considering she’s fought or scales to those who have fought beings older than Sun Wukong and scales to characters like Marisa who have a plethora of insane feats.
There are more chances of Yomu getting restrained and killed/sealed than Yomu stealing his soul first
I doubt Sun would be able to drop a whole ass mountain on Youmu before she could escape via her danmaku or shockwaves lol.

On this site, resistance to soul erasure doesn’t equal resistance to soul manip.

For example just because someone resists having their body erased it doesn’t mean they can resist someone using biological manipulation to alter it or are immune to conventional damage which is what’s happening here. Basically Youmu is just chipping away at Sun’s soul rather than outright erasing it.

Regarding speed, Youmu can just slow time if she’s getting blitzed, which I doubt tbh.
Wouldn't chipping away a soul would just be soul erasure/destruction but in a smaller scale?

If you're really going by the shockwaves argument, Sun Wukong does that too as the guy casually cracks mountains and shakes solar systems with the staff

The danmaku is destroyable because they're just bullets that don't fully scale to the user's full power compared to the complete aoe effects Sun Wukong can do with his staff which are superior as he can just nuke the surrounding area in one go with an undodgeable aoe attack unless she gets away from the blast zone first. This is spammable for Sun Wukong

Empathetic manipulation is a subset of mind manipulation. Plus the Lady Bone Demon casually puts fear in the hearts of people with her mental powers and it took all of her might to mind control him before he eventually broke out

Yomu would have trouble against a bazillion Sun Wukongs fighting her

While it's true that the main characters do have spirit resistance, literally even fairies in-game take awhile to kill via spirit attacks and they're the absolute bottom of the ladder. Sun Wukong has every right to be assumed that he can take on a good amount of Yomu's attack before get soul sucked which is enough for him to beat her

Yomu still has no answer to Sun Wukong just spawning chains around her in order to stop all her movements and attacks which leads to her either getting killed or sealed

Last edited:
Youmu can also become invulnerable while negating Sun’s invulnerability with her spirit manipulation. Heck, if you’re saying they both scale to countless hundred of universes then Youmu could just overwhelm him with pain then with her danmaku.
Wukong AP stomps Youmu
Once again if they are equal stats then Wukong will be overwhelmed by a flurry of projectiles, with each one being able to decently hurt him and if he just blasts her attacks away she can just make more lol. Also I doubt Sun Wukong has dodging feats that would be able to evade Touhou level danmku
Pulls out the Nimbus Cloud and evades her blasts
Sun Wukong would be having trouble beating Youmu by herself alone so even one other clone would be enough to overwhelm him.
Ur acting like Wukong can pull out hundreads of self destructing clones on her
Her danmaku and vibration manip would be able to hold all of them back . In fact Youmu likely even has the skill advantage by a wide margin considering she’s fought or scales to those who have fought beings older than Sun Wukong and scales to characters like Marisa who have a plethora of insane feats.
Wukong won't be even phased by any blasts to begin with
I doubt Sun would be able to drop a whole ass mountain on Youmu before she could escape via her danmaku or shockwaves lol.
Wukong has Class M LS while Youmu is stuck at Class 25. Good luck trying to break free from Wukong restraining her

Can you guys stop saying that Sun Wukong AP stomps Yomu already as I've already said multiple times that we're taking the countless hundreds of dreams approach for both of them in order to make the match more fair and interesting

Back