• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

sun wukong question

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes it can bs closed, see ya later monkey
ZQJHgpx.gif

the scale was made by the same dude who already scaled others verses already accepted as tier 0 here, if I had the material, I could sent the proof better instead of just saying
Udl blog? Girl, I tell you, you're just chock full of all kinds of bad information, Bern. And based on what I've deciphered so far, nothing can imply Tier 0 here.

I was honestly wondering for the longest time Christianity didn't have a page on the wiki lmao.
But we have this, which is not that different

Jehovah, sometimes identified as YHVH or simply God, is the Supreme Creator of the Abrahamic Religions, recognized as the one and only God in Christianity, Judaism and Islam, of whose Divine Presence all other divinities in alternate faiths and religions are nothing but pale shadows and who stands outside of Creation as its absolute ruler, enigmatic, ineffable and only ever manifesting through mere aspects of His being, such as the Jesus Christ, the Annointed One, who many believers recognize as the Son of God and the Good Sheperd who would guide humanity to the direction of its Creator, though even such aspects are still shaped entirely by the eyes of those who behold them, and thus their words ultimately reveal more about the person with whom they are communicating than about God Himself.

Tier: 1-A | 0 | 0

Jehovah, sometimes identified as YHVH or simply God, is the Supreme Creator of the Abrahamic Religions, recognized as the one and only God in Christianity, Judaism and Islam, of whose Divine Presence all other divinities in alternate faiths and religions are nothing but pale shadows and who stands outside of Creation as its absolute ruler, enigmatic, ineffable and only ever manifesting through mere aspects of His being, such as the Jesus Christ, the Annointed One, who many believers recognize as the Son of God and the Good Sheperd who would guide humanity to the direction of its Creator, though even such aspects are still shaped entirely by the eyes of those who behold them, and thus their words ultimately reveal more about the person with whom they are communicating than about God Himself.

Wait! So Christianity solo's Goku!?

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

sun wukong isn't from WoD tho

So, to answer the question plainly:

Nothing is 1-A in Journey to the West. Just outright, nothing even remotely reaches that.

The only way to get that would be to scale to irl religion, which is not done. It may be part of the myths of that time today, but when JttW was written, is was just a piece of fiction using the "setting". Much like how The Divine Comedy has been very influential over how the Christian hell is viewed, despite the fact that at the time it was an escapist self-insert fanfic.

It also contradicts stuff from mythology, like mountains meant to be millions of miles long being smaller than tens of miles at most.

So no, 1-A Sun Wukong is like tier 0 Bruce Allmighty based off of scaling to God.

So, to answer the question plainly:

Nothing is 1-A in Journey to the West. Just outright, nothing even remotely reaches that.

The only way to get that would be to scale to irl religion, which is not done. It may be part of the myths of that time today, but when JttW was written, is was just a piece of fiction using the "setting". Much like how The Divine Comedy has been very influential over how the Christian hell is viewed, despite the fact that at the time it was an escapist self-insert fanfic.

It also contradicts stuff from mythology, like mountains meant to be millions of miles long being smaller than tens of miles at most.

So no, 1-A Sun Wukong is like tier 0 Bruce Allmighty based off of scaling to God.
we're discussing about mythology which included the Taiji and Wuji . not just the JTTW novel. @Ricsi-viragosi

anyways both are different verses, is there a knowledgeable member that could answer?

we're discussing about mythology. not the JTTW novel
When I said answering the question, I was talking about the one in the OP.

Trying to put a tier on it isn't simply not done due to it being disrespectful. Most if not all religions have a lot of their rules defined by word of mouth, meaning that they will greatly differ in-between different stories.

Trying to make a profile for any religious figure is akin to making a composite superman out of every superman comic unless the tier and abilities are based on just a single scripture or story.

Trying to put a tier on it isn't simply not done due to it being disrespectful. Most if not all religions have a lot of their rules defined by word of mouth, meaning that they will greatly differ in-between different stories.

Trying to make a profile for any religious figure is akin to making a composite superman out of every superman comic unless the tier and abilities are based on just a single scripture or story.
okay i think this makes sense, kinda
but from what verse do the 1-A rating come from and why?

i mean their is a composite bugs bunny profile tho.

i mean their is a composite bugs bunny profile tho.
And do you think that if you grabbed Bugs Bunny from a random episode of Looney Tunes, he could punch you with the power of a nuclear warhead?

Characters with toon force are inconsistent as hell to begin with...
okay i think this makes sense, kinda
but from what verse do the 1-A rating come from and why?
Mostly the transduality part of things. Since it encompasses everything, it can get to 1-A as long as the "everything" is shown to encompass tier 1 stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back