• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggestion: The Profiles based on pre-existing fanon work

Recently, I noticed that the verse Dong Dong Never Die has been deleted with the reason "Unused verse. Inactive user". I personally feel that inactive user may not be the good reason to delete the fanon verses which are based on a pre-existing fanon verse even if the original creator has been inactive.

Therefore, I propose the fanon profile based on a pre-existing fanon verse (which means that such fanon verse has been released in Youtube, AO3 or something else, AND it excludes fanon verses only appeared in FC/OC Wiki) should be treated as public profile and therefore should not be deleted even if the creator of such profile is inactive. Public profile should be treated similar to profiles in VS Battles Wiki (which means that the profile is not "profile creator edit only")

Okay,
Now lets say the verse is completely out of date, it hasn't been edited in 5 years, and someone wants to make a match.

It hasn't been updated, clearly no one cares enough about it to warrant keeping it around.

I should also mention that DDND was deleted back in May and when it was deleted it was because there were no profiles for the verse.

Can't verify this last part but also if I remember right the user who made the DDND page was just literally spamming out verse pages with no intention on developing them further.

Okay,
Now lets say the verse is completely out of date, it hasn't been edited in 5 years, and someone wants to make a match.

It hasn't been updated, clearly no one cares enough about it to warrant keeping it around.

I should also mention that DDND was deleted back in May and when it was deleted it was because there were no profiles for the verse.

Can't verify this last part but also if I remember right the user who made the DDND page was just literally spamming out verse pages with no intention on developing them further.
If my memory is not wrong, the verse page is created by me after creating Sheng Hua Nan's profile. It may be something wrong regarding the "spamming" part.

Last edited:
If you want to create it again by all means, its just thats why it was deleted at the time going by what I was able to find.

If you want to create it again by all means, its just thats why it was deleted at the time going by what I was able to find.
I currently don't have intent to create the profile again, but it is strange that I don't remember that I have spammed the creation of profiles. As far as I know, I created the verse page and profile page and then leaves it alone.

I'm not saying you were spamming, just that, we deleted a lot of profiles by someone else who was making verse pages and nothing else.

I'm not saying you were spamming, just that, we deleted a lot of profiles by someone else who was making verse pages and nothing else.
It seems that Sheng Hua Nan's profile is deleted because of poor justification. I do understand.

Though, the proposal in this thread is mainly about a clear rule regarding public profile and personal profile as there are profiles in FC/OC Wiki which are claimed as personal profile but the profile is based on a released verse (e.g. Glitchtale is attributed to Edwardtruong2006's Pages)

TBH I think this change has higher connotations, a good portion of the page standards in the site assume that any given page is of an OC made by the author, rather than either public fanfiction or too obscure works to be in VSBW, so they may need a rewrite accordingly.

Last edited:
TBH I think this change has higher connotations, a good portion of the page standards in the site assume that any given page is of an OC made by the author, rather than either public fanfiction or too obscure works to be in VSBW, so they may need a rewrite accordingly.
If the rules got rewritten I might actually visit this wiki more often, I don't like how it treats everything as if the page's author made the entire work at the moment.

I wanna be able to make profiles for my favorite fangames such as MOTHER: Cognitive Dissonance and OFF: HOME without the wiki treating it like I made the fangames

Back