• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Subnautica vs IRL creatures part 2 ( grace)

Most are for their agile and speedy bodies but these two went a different route entirely.

Fight takes place the open ocean speed equalized

Boneshark, The armor clad bane of the Floating Islands: 7

Dunkleosteus, The armored apex predator of the Devonian: 1

I:

Last edited:
So one hand, Boneshark has the advantage of being fully covered in armor as well as a probably superior LS. It can eventually chip down the Dunkleousteus and even survive long enough to break free if it did get bit

However, Dunkleousteus is much larger and its bites would probably be more damaging. Even though the Boneshark can probably escape a few times, Dunkleousteus can kill it faster

I vote the Dunk Fish

Boneshark gets dunked on

Dunkleosteus is slightly bigger and probably has a more devastating bite, even if the Bonesharks can damage tough metals whereas the Dunk probably can't. Bonesharks rely in packs and are more heavily armored (it's commonly believed these days that Dunkleosteus had all of its armor covered in skin), but even a single one should be able to make the Dunk bleed to death.

But wouldn't this be detrimental? This is a 1v1
Detrimental? A wolf without its pack is still a formidable animal, my point, clearly, was that even without any help from its buddies it should be able to win.

Faster to get chomped in half by a much larger creature than it is to bleed to death, isn't it?
Why do you seem to find stomp matches fun? First that Hulkbuster and Medusa nonsense, now this unfounded argument... This wouldn't be a fight if the opponent was much larger and could bite the other one in half, you realize that, yes?

Funny you mention that though, 'cause I had to recheck the sizes and lo and behold, the Boneshark is actually bigger than the species we know most about. In both the real world and Subnautica the bigger animal tends to trounce the pipsqueaks so knowing this, the Boneshark shouldn't have any issues feasting on the Dunkleosteus. The biggest one shouldn't be much of a challenge either, it definitely wouldn't be able to chomp it in half, not with the Boneshark's armor, even at the tail (I'm guessing you saying the Dunkleosteus was MUCH bigger was yet another assumption).

We've also ignored the horns and spikes on the Boneshark, which it uses in combat. The Dunkleosteus doesn't have anything to defend itself against that.

Last edited:
This wouldn't be a fight if the opponent was much larger and could bite the other one in half, you realize that, yes?
superior LS. It can eventually chip down the Dunkleousteus and even survive long enough to break free if it did get bit
I know that it can break free since superior LS that's applicable. But damage still happens
Funny you mention that though, 'cause I had to recheck the sizes and lo and behold, the Boneshark is actually bigger. In both the real world and Subnautica the bigger animal tends to trounce the pipsqueaks so knowing this, the Boneshark shouldn't have any issues feasting on the Dunkleosteus.
Seriously? Boneshark didn't have Large Size last time I checked its profile.
Why do you find stomp matches fun?
Are you gonna do this in every match I comment on? Can you please not bring that up again?

Are you gonna do this in every match I comment on?
Then stop using "yeah but your pick's smart tactic is pointless against my pick which can one-shot the other based on assumptions" type comments because that's not an argument.

Seriously? Boneshark didn't have Large Size last time I checked its profile.
A lot of those profiles use Large Size incorrectly, frankly. That page is only for height, not length.
But damage still happens
Honestly, the bite force on the Dunkleosteus isn't impressive enough to warrant it breaking the armor of a creature like a Boneshark, we presume it mainly hunted either large schools of fish or ****** creatures with a lot of fat, like marine reptiles or whales (maybe even turtles), as well as others of its kind but again, compare the armor of the Dunkleosteus with the Boneshark, there's no comparison. The Boneshark, as far as we know compared to the Dunkleosteus, is much more aggressive.

So the Boneshark is more aggressive, it has a more armored body, plus spikes and horns. The Dunkleosteus has a little bit of armor around the front part of its body but everything else is COMPLETELY unprotected. All it has going for it is that bite, which might be irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Then stop using "yeah but your pick's smart tactic is pointless against my pick which can one-shot the other based on assumptions" type comments because that's not an argument.
It's a lot easier and more accurate when I'm arguing with someone else because at least there'll be someone to call me out for that. But that didn't happen so that's my mistake on not calling anyone else who can argue better.
So the Boneshark is more aggressive, it has a more armored body, plus spikes and horns. The Dunkleosteus has a little bit of armor around the front part of its body but everything else is COMPLETELY unprotected. All it has going for it is that bite, which might be irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.
Fine, I'll change my vote. Boneshark FRA

Voting Dunk FRA and also because it seems to have an AP advantage
Wanted to check this, the Dunk scales off 300 KJ (though its profile doesn't say where that comes from) and the Boneshark scales off Ryley who can easily kill Lava Larvae, which can submerge into lava which is 137.57137 KJ.

If we assume the Boneshark is only twice as strong as the Lava Larva is tough (huge lowball considering the Lava Larva is tiny and the Boneshark is huge, and stronger than Ryley who can kill the Lava Larvae in a few hits with the thermal blade), that would be 275.14274 KJ, and if we're using that number, it's not a huge gap in the Dunkleosteus' favor.

Last edited:
Back