• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Subnautica: Below Zero Discussion Thread

Crabwhale

Wasteland Gravetender
VS Battles
Administrator
So, I know Below Zero is still in Early Access and will likely remain so for the foreseeable future, however with the slew of new information presented, I think the time is more than ripe to talk new profiles and how the verse page will be adapted.

Trust me, I'm just as sad not a lot of people know about this thing.

yeah, the Shadow Leviathan looks awesome

I lowkey hope they give the Squidshark a PSI value for how hard it can bite so Robin can get a good Lifting Strength feat

I'm betting we can do something like the already existing blog about the old Leviathans, just compare them to their real life inspirations and upscale it to get AP.

I mean the only one that ryley can hold back is the Reaper Leviathan but yeah i guess you could do that

No, I mean just for the AP of the Leviathans themselves, not the Player lol.

Also, Ryley can technically drill even a Ghost Leviathan to death with Prawn Suit.

Yes but i mean Ryley can hold back the fangs of the Reaper Leviathan and Robin can hold open the fangs of a Squidshark, both of which would be Lifting Strenght feats for the protags

Yeah, unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way to make that equatable to any real life animal thing.

However, we do have a few good feats already. Like the Rock Puncher being able to strike at supersonic speeds.

...Actually, the Reaper can crush the Seamoth which can survive 900 meters underwater without being crushed, we can probably calc that

More 9-B feats lol

Also we should probably calc the protags busting different outcrops so we have a yield for their AP

I mean, the Reaper is already 9-A, so I'd only be a supporting feat. Stil, more calcs I suppose.

I would think our best bet would be the Sandstone and Limestone outcrops since they're the only ones that have the name of their mineral blatantly obvious (you could maybe find the type of rock for a Shale outcrop as well, but I'd imagine that'd be a pain and require a degree in geology).

Shale wouldnt be a good one to use as shale is inherently very brittle

There's also the Lead outcrops from Below Zero

Right, I'm not a calc guy. But I might be able to get a calc guy.

I have been summunoed

what the fork does kPa mean

Anyway, it apparently converts to 1311.27 psi.

Right, so, anything that directly convert that into Newtons?

You can get kilograms of force over an area, and I bet if we found the crushing area, we could thereby see how much total force was applied

I mean, the Seamoth is basically just a sphere. I bet you could pixel scale the size of it from size comparisons with the Player.

These are a LOT we're juggling here tho.

If I had a size to work with

And I'd have that if I had an image to find it

Oh, so we might not need pixel scaling. That's neat.

How severely does this thing get crushed?

Is there a video?

Back