• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great idea for a fight, I'm surprised I haven't seen this capitalized in any fan fiction (like Death Battle or smth).

Being a big fan of both MK and KOF, I'll try my best to analyze this is great detail. I've played all the KOF and MK games and I have red all the official comic books and magazines related to those two games. Though neither Kula or Sub-Zero are even close to being my favorite characters in their games, I know their stories pretty well.

If you would make a poll on this fight Sub-Zero would definitely win, I would say with around 85-90% votes. First of all, because of the first impression. Buff, ninja warrior against a cute, petite girl. Second, because Sub-Zero is 100 times more popular than Kula and it's not an exaggeration, he is literally 100 times more popular. People who don't play fighting games still know who Sub-Zero is...hell, even some people who don't play video games in general still know who he is, or at least heard of him. Kula is only known to KOF fans and few people from other fighting games. So yeah, poll method is out of the question.

Lets analyze what Sub-Zero and Kula Diamond have in terms of achievements:

Both of these characters have a considerable amount of victories under their belts. Sub-Zero has more victories against other MK characters in general, but he also has suffered several defeats. Kula has slightly less victories, but she has no defeats.

Sub-Zero's most notable victories are against a team of Goro and Kintaro, and 4 fights in a row against Cassie, Jackie, Takeda and Kung Jin. Though his whole clan was helping him, they served more as a distraction. The only downside to this is that the team of youngsters were probably limited in their arsenal, since they were sent to capture Sub-Zero, not to kill him. As a matter of fact Jackie took him down and had an opportunity to take him out, but didn't That being said Sub-Zero had no intention of killing them either, so that cancels itself out.

Kula's most notable victories are against K9999 and Angel in 2 on 1 fight and against Igniz, when she was helping K', She also managed to beat K' himself, the first time they met, but that fight didn't go till the end. It's also possible that K' wasn't fighting at his full strength. All in all Kula is considered as powerful as K', which makes her situation similar to Sub-Zero's with his Scorpion rivalry.

Kula has also managed to defeat a ninja that goes by the name of Nagase. She is an identical copy of Hatori Hanzo an extremely powerful warrior, though there isn't enough story material about Nagase to determine her exact power level.

I would say this one is a tie, both have equally impressive achievements and have about the same power level in their own respective universe.

Lets analyze what Sub-Zero and Kula Diamond have in terms of fighting skills:

Sub-Zero fighting style is based on traditional martial arts with emphasis on strength based attacks. His speed isn't very impressive, but his strength more than compensates for it. He is pretty durable and can take a lot of abuse, but he isn't God level and can be killed in conventional ways. In MKX comics he got stabbed by 2 blades and it was more than enough to completely incapacitate him.

Kula's fighting style has a made-up name: Anti-K' arts. From what I can tell it's a combination of Kung-fu, Taek Won Do, Acrobatics and Ballet...which sounds funny, but in practice is extremely useful skill to have when you're fighting on a slippers floor, which in this particular fight is inevitability. Basically she is faster and more acrobatic than Sub-Zero. Her strength and durability is quite impressive for her small size, but it's not really on the same level as Sub-Zero's.

Though Kula has never gotten stabbed or been close to dying in KOF story, she is still a mortal and can be killed the same way as Sub-Zero.

Both of the fighters have dozens of ways they could instantly kill each other in close combat.

Sub-Zero could slam her with his ice hammer, stab his blade in her heart (like he does with his grab in MKX), perform his X-ray, or if he gets her stunned perform his spine rip fatality.

Kula can slice his throat with her skate blades, stab him with her ice spikes from her hands, that are just as big and sharp as the blades that Sub-Zero was stabbed with, impale him on a giant ice spike from the ground and even land a giant snowman on his head, which sounds cute, but a snowman that big could weight from 300 to 400 pounds. Her skate blades in general are very dangerous, because she can kick really fast and high.

I would say this one is a tie too. It all boils down to preference. If you think that strength and durability beats speed and mobility than Sub-Zero wins, if the other way around, than Kula wins. So yeah, close combat doesn't get us anywhere too.

I have to mention that Sub-Zero is more experienced, but to be honest that doesn't translate into his advantage in any way. Almost every character in KOF is more experienced than Kula, yet she is still more powerful than 90% of the cast. Experience is never a deciding factor in KOF or MK. If it was the case, than Liu Kang would never beat Shao Khan and Sub-Zero would never beat his older brother, or a team of Goro and Kintaro.

Lets analyze the last thing. The reason why this fight even exist...Lets analyze their ice powers:

Now there isn't really much to analyze here. It's visible with a naked eye that Kula's cryomancery is above Sub-Zero's by quite a margin. Even when Sub-Zero is using a dragon medallion (which drains on his strength), his ice powers are still inferior to that of Kula without any enhancements. Sub-Zero's peak display of ice powers was when he covered a small city in ice (with the help of medalion), it took him quite some time and concentration to perform. In KOF 2000, when Kula comes as a challenge, in her intro, she instantly freezes the entire stage, no matter what size it is. In the ending of KOF2000 she managed to accumulate an ice blast powerful enough to turn an entire space station into rubble and after that she was still conscious, which means those weren't even the limits of her ice powers.

Having an ice advantage will compensate Kula's inferior strength and she will always have a battlefield advantage. Sub-Zero will feel limited in his options and will have to fight against an uneven odds.

So yeah, in conclusion I think Kula would win this. But I'm not saying this with 100% certainty. I would say it's more like Kula-52% Sub-Zero-48%.

Either way this fight would be epic. No matter which of these extremely powerful fighters will win, it will be a close win. If you also take their personalities into consideration, they will most likely not kill each other and would become friends in the end :)

That's about all, Peace Out!

....ummmm You guys realize Kula is Mountain level while Sub-Zero is Town level right? Yeah closing this as it is so one-sided it hurts....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back