• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sub relatavistic mha don't make sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehm, making this about this calc: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Therefir/My_Hero_Academia:_Sniper_Rifle

The problems I have with it will be listed below:

1. Using 34.3 m/s. We don't really know is Shigaraki is moving fast in this scene, there are no speed lines on his arm so the fact that we are assuming hes moving at subsonic speeds for no reason is a bit odd.
2. We dont know when the bullet was shot so the 90 degree assumption is a despicably wild high ball, I believe that when the panel flips back to Shigaraki, we see a Shigaraki from before Nagant shoots her bullet meaning the distance Shigaraki moves is a LOT less then what it seems.
3. This isn't really convincing but its also odd that when the bullet leaves the chamber of the gun we see the word "blam" likely emphasizing the shockwave that the bullet created came when the bullet was still close to the chamber of the gun showing that the bullet is like around the same speed as sound and not sub relatavistic, this would mean nagant shot the bullet like 10 minutes in the past but still, its a bit odd right ?

Solution (imo): Is to wait for the anime to come out to give us more details on the feat, since the feat leaves SO much room for assumptions that just highball the feat to an unnecessary scale

I respectfully disagree. Supersonic is pretty casual in Mha by everyone. Subsonic is already a lowball. Noone is gonna move a thousand times less than their normal speed speed lines or not.
Erm, why do people always ignore my other arguments and my solution. Also do you even know if Shigaraki is trying to go fast ?

Erm, why do people always ignore my other arguments and my solution. Also do you even know if Shigaraki is trying to go fast ?

Pretty sure that he wanted to yeah. He wasn't exactly sipping tea at the scene. Also what the poster above said. Timeframe is probably much much less. This is a severe lowend calc for this.

Cause he wants to kill Deku, he wants to touch the ground as fast as he can to deal with him
Again. Could we please touch on my other points to ? Sure we wants to touch the ground to kill Deku but idk if he's in a rush or anything, ill drop this point for now

They are in the middle of an intense fight and Deku was shown previously being more than capable of just ending him right there with a Quintuple Smash (Which tore a hole in his chest), so he would rush to kill Deku as fast as he can.
Dude, I said I'll drop that point since im an anime only, read through my other points

I disrespectfully(/j) disagree , 34.3 is a lowball already.
OMG IF SOMEONE DOESN'T READ THROUGH MY OTHER POINTS AND POINTS OUT ONLY MY FIRST DOT POINT IM GOING TO RAID AN ADOPTION CLINIC (joke btw, please read my other points though, thank you)

3. This isn't really convincing but its also odd that when the bullet leaves the chamber of the gun we see the word "blam" likely emphasizing the shockwave that the bullet created came when the bullet was still close to the chamber of the gun showing that the bullet is like around the same speed as sound and not sub relatavistic, this would mean nagant shot the bullet like 10 minutes in the past but still, its a bit odd right ?
It's just fiction logic. Even if you disregard the Sub Rel feat, MHA characters have a bunch of feats that surpass the speed of sound through calcs. In theory the shockwave caused by the bullet leaving the barrel would be a nonfactor, since her bullets can move at faster than sound speeds casually. But it's fiction and it's just a small scene to show that Nagant shot a bullet

OMG IF SOMEONE DOESN'T READ THROUGH MY OTHER POINTS AND POINTS OUT ONLY MY FIRST DOT POINT IM GOING TO RAID AN ADOPTION CLINIC (joke btw, please read my other points though, thank you)
Raid it

I havo no competence to respond to the second point , so i respond to what I know and have experience with

Do I need to point out a bullet can't remain for 10 minutes in the air if it was just the speed of sound or go through 200 km? Third point also doesn't stand.
fiction is sus yk but yeah my 2nd point is the main one
It's just fiction logic. Even if you disregard the Sub Rel feat, MHA characters have a bunch of feats that surpass the speed of sound through calcs. In theory the shockwave caused by the bullet leaving the barrel would be a nonfactor, since her bullets can move at faster than sound speeds casually. But it's fiction and it's just a small scene to show that Nagant shot a bullet
fiction is sus indeed, can you comment on my second point ?
Raid it

I havo no competence to respond to the second point , so i respond to what I know and have experience with
erm

fiction is sus yk but yeah my 2nd point is the main one

fiction is sus indeed, can you comment on my second point ?

erm
Your 2nd point doesn't make sense. You believe that the panel of shigaraki moving his hand takes place before nagant shot the bullet even though we see a panel of the bullet already being shot before the shigaraki panel. You believe that for some reason that the panels are reversed and you have no reason or evidence to back it up.

Your 2nd point doesn't make sense. You believe that the panel of shigaraki moving his hand takes place before nagant shot the bullet even though we see a panel of the bullet already being shot before the shigaraki panel. You believe that for some reason that the panels are reversed and you have no reason or evidence to back it up.
Well I do, it's the fact that Shigaraki is screaming, it also just makes sense, plus, I think its better for an anime version of this to actually have solid evidence that the bullet moved 209 km in the 0.03 timeframe instead of going with an assumption filled calc

Well I do, it's the fact that Shigaraki is screaming, it also just makes sense, plus, I think its better for an anime version of this to actually have solid evidence that the bullet moved 209 km in the 0.03 timeframe instead of going with an assumption filled calc
"Just makes sense" is not evidence and it doesn't make sense by paneling. And screaming doesn't mean anything. People can have an entire conversation while going mftl+. How many times do you need to be told that talking at fast speeds is not a debunk.

"Just makes sense" is not evidence and it doesn't make sense by paneling. And screaming doesn't mesn anything. People can have an entire conversation whioe going mftl+. How many times do you need to be told that talking at fast speeds is not a debunk.
Again, I really think an anime version is necessary

Even with an anime scene we still would have to use the arm moving to get the accurate time as the anime timeframe doesn't cut it. Also manga always takes precedence so if the anime disagrees with the feat this is still the valid one. Anything else?
The whole thing is just a bunch of shambles assumptions, I'm gonna drop this until someone who hasn't read the series can come and voice there opinions on the assumptions that this calc has. The anime timeframe does cut it in a lot of instances, alot of people are waiting for anime timeframes for certain feats, I don't get why the mha community is struggling so much with waiting when other people do it without complaints. But if I'm this outnumbered, nothing I can do.

The whole thing is just a bunch of shambles assumptions, I'm gonna drop this until someone who hasn't read the series can come and voice there opinions on the assumptions that this calc has. The anime timeframe does cut it in a lot of instances, alot of people are waiting for anime timeframes for certain feats, I don't get why the mha community is struggling so much with waiting when other people do it without complaints. But if I'm this outnumbered, nothing I can do.
If you didn't already have support why open such a random crt pal...

Point 1: I'm not sure if calculations are allowed to use the verse's existing speed levels for calculations of speed. I thought that was called calc stacking. Realistically, the rule against calc stacking is nonsensical, but I know it exists to prevent people getting extremely high results that the verse doesn't typically show. If someone could answer that for me I'd be grateful.

From a common sense perspective though, if Shiguraki is fighting for his life, and his life may well depend on reaching the ground before Deku kicks his head off, it's more than reasonable to think he's going top speed. If we didn't conclude such things speed scaling wouldn't exist at all, and the battles would all be assumed to consist of everyone fighting for their lives while intentionally moving slower than their normal speed.

Point 2: this is calculation stuff, probably based on the panel. You'd have to speak directly to the one who made the calculation. Be polite about it if you do though; that person just made a calculation, nothing warrants rudeness.

Point 3: this is just standard fiction stuff, especially comics and manga. In fact, the sound effect doesn't even mean anything about speed; it just proves the sound is made. It's also strangely common for a faster character to somehow hear an incoming projectile that moves faster than sound, or see the light from a projectile that moves faster than light. I kind of saw it as fiction speed coming attached to somehow seeing and hearing things from further away at high speeds, but really it's just a very standard fiction rule.

So in short, points 1 and 3 are just standard fictional tropes and scaling rules, and point 2 requires calling out the calculation blog and speaking to its maker rather than just making a revision thread. I guess you could make a questions thread asking where the 90° angle came from.

Seems like everyone here also disagree, then Theirs no point in continuing debating this since a moderator and 2 people from the calc group also disagrees with this.

This should be locked, and I also disagree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back