• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Strongest Human" vs Assassin

toji-fushiguro.gif

Toji Fushiguro

VS
b642b166fdd022b16db6c7b1207b6b20.gif

Zeno

SBA
Equal Speed
Zoldyck: 2.79 Kiltons
Toji: Vastly superior to 1.12 Kiltons

HD-wallpaper-east-gorteau-palace-anime-manga-palace-mitene-union-hunter-x-hunter-east-gorteau-night-chimera-ant-arc.jpg

Last edited:
Insta kill aura… stomp.

Also literally unfair even with Toji having serious advantages like knowledge on their powers and skill, and prep time.

Also this is kind of a stomp with both Silva and Zeno as both of them are master combatants superior to Killua who has demonstrated the ability to read and adapt to opponents abilities as well as predict there next moves through sheer skill alone.

Basically any feat Killua has done, they can do better

Also this is kind of a stomp with both Silva and Zeno as both of them are master combatants superior to Killua who has demonstrated the ability to read and adapt to opponents abilities as well as predict there next moves through sheer skill alone.

Basically any feat Killua has done, they can do better
Alright, would Zeno alone be better?

Why not?

Their both shockingly similar power systems (Cursed energy is literally just diet Nen)
Curse energy is negative emotion and abstract in nature. You can check the Curse Energy page to see how different these powers are

Nen is:

Nen (念ネン or ネン, Nen, "Sense"; "Mind Force" in the Viz translation) is the manipulation of the life energy within every living being and is the overarching term for many techniques regarding the manipulation of life energy in the world of Hunter x Hunter. It can also be called Aura. A person capable of utilising Nen is colloquially referred to as a "Nen User" (nōryokusha, "ability person"), while those who cannot go by the name of "non-users", (ippanjin, "ordinary person"). Only a minority of people in the Hunter x Hunter World know of the existence of Nen because higher authorities have deemed it too dangerous for the general populace, they want to maintain balance.

Curse energy is negative emotion and abstract in nature. You can check the Curse Energy page to see how different these powers are

Nen is:

Nen (念ネン or ネン, Nen, "Sense"; "Mind Force" in the Viz translation) is the manipulation of the life energy within every living being and is the overarching term for many techniques regarding the manipulation of life energy in the world of Hunter x Hunter. It can also be called Aura. A person capable of utilising Nen is colloquially referred to as a "Nen User" (nōryokusha, "ability person"), while those who cannot go by the name of "non-users", (ippanjin, "ordinary person"). Only a minority of people in the Hunter x Hunter World know of the existence of Nen because higher authorities have deemed it too dangerous for the general populace, they want to maintain balance.
I'm not seeing the problem here

Both are abstract energies that come from normal humans

One is life energy and one is spirit energy

Literally the same for all intents and purposes

I'm not seeing the problem here

Both are abstract energies that come from normal humans

One is life energy and one is spirit energy

Literally the same for all intents and purposes
No curse energy is literally abstract energy. Nen is life energy. That is fundamentally different.

Nen: Life energy.
Curse Energy: Abstract energy that can interact with information and information based souls and can manifest abstract entities aka cursed spirits from the combined negative emotions of humans based off their fears of stuff in the world like mythological beings.

No curse energy is literally abstract energy. Nen is life energy. That is fundamentally different.

Nen: Life energy.
Curse Energy: Abstract energy that can interact with information and information based souls and can manifest abstract entities aka cursed spirits from the combined negative emotions of humans based off their fears of stuff in the world like mythological beings.
Nen can do the same thing

Just cause there source is slightly different doesn't mean they don't behave and act the same way, they explicitly function the same in almost every way

Which coencides with our guidelines
"Similar supernatural aspects of verses get equalized in a reasonable fashion. So a supernatural energy that almost everyone in a Verse has, which is necessary to fight the characters of said Verse, will be assumed to be the equivalent energy that the opponents use in their techniques so that a proper fight can happen."

Why are you so against equalization if I may ask?

Nen can do the same thing

Just cause there source is slightly different doesn't mean they don't behave and act the same way, they explicitly function the same in almost every way

Which coencides with our guidelines
"Similar supernatural aspects of verses get equalized in a reasonable fashion. So a supernatural energy that almost everyone in a Verse has, which is necessary to fight the characters of said Verse, will be assumed to be the equivalent energy that the opponents use in their techniques so that a proper fight can happen."

Why are you so against equalization if I may ask?
I don't see information type 2 on nen's page. I don't see any abstract applications on Nen's page like manifesting literal abstract entities.

They don't act "differently" they act and are used entirely different in combat.

These aren't similar energy systems at all. and a proper fight can happen without equalizing them.

I'm against it cuz I understand Curse Energy's incredibly unique function and origin. It also reduces how haxxed Curse Energy is in use, with it being able to defend and interact with abstract and information type 2, something Nen isn't listed to do at all.

I don't see information type 2 on nen's page. I don't see any abstract applications on Nen's page like manifesting literal abstract entities.

They don't act "differently" they act and are used entirely different in combat.

These aren't similar energy systems at all. and a proper fight can happen without equalizing them.
Do they enhance a characters physical stats? Answer: Yes

Are they otherwise intangible to non users? Answer: Yes

Can they be used to manifest and create unique abilities? Answer: Yes

Does their energy come from the same source? Answer: Yes

This is all that is needed to equalize said energy systems
I'm against it cuz I understand Curse Energy's incredibly unique function and origin. It also reduces how haxxed Curse Energy is in use, with it being able to defend and interact with abstract and information type 2, something Nen isn't listed to do at all.
What use would that be in this fight?

Equalizing energy systems doesn't mean one system loses its abilities unique to it, they both retain their system unique abilities

All this is doing is allowing Zeno to see Toji's cursed spirits and allowing Toji to see Nen and Nen abilities

It quite literally makes the fight more in Toji's favor if you do this since if not he wouldnt be able to percieve or even hear Nen attacks

It's not in character for Zeno to Nen crush

If you want an example he extended his Ren around an entire skyscraper (En) and didn't kill a single person with his aura
You really should make like an explanation on how nen crush is not a regular thing for most nen users

What use would that be in this fight?

Equalizing energy systems doesn't mean one system loses its abilities unique to it, they both retain their system unique abilities

All this is doing is allowing Zeno to see Toji's cursed spirits and allowing Toji to see Nen and Nen abilities

It quite literally makes the fight more in Toji's favor if you do this since if not he wouldnt be able to percieve or even hear Nen attacks
I will need to ask mods how equalization works cuz this does not seem right for how equalizing should work. My main point though is this

"Furthermore, attacks that require a special type of energy to be effective, like anti-magic requiring magic, will be assumed to work against the energies of different Verses, as long as they are somehow similar and the mechanics are somehow compatible with the known mechanics behind the energies from different Verses."

Nen's mechanics do not allow it to interact with information type 2, it doesn't allow it to interact with souls (unless the page is outdated), and it definitely does not allow for the manifestation of abstract entities that are invisible and are forms of a second light. These are not slight differences, they are major differences and are essentially what makes Curse Energy different from Nen.

Now as Nen itself is already invisible and curse energy is too, they merely operate in a wavelength the naked eye cannot see, But Zeno and Toji should be able to see their respective stuff, Toji's senses can also let him see the changes in the air as well so he will definitely see Nen coming as a massive force of air being pushed at the very least, not to mention his heightened base senses which let him pick up on human residuals like odor or footprints, he should also just be able to see Nen as Nen is just life energy from the user.

Zeno's En should allow him to pick up on the movements of the cursed spirits as well even if we assumed he can't see them, also another thing is that Cursed spirits can be seen by normal humans if - facing death or in places like this places being schools, hospitals, places of negative emotions essentially. I can simply change the location to better suit Zeno but I think Gorteau fits pretty well given all the death and tension surrounding the palace.

There is no need to equalize them. If anything keeping them unequal would allow the advantages they can give respectively be shown during the fight.

I do wanna bring up In, reading it, it can make even nen invisible to nen seers. Does Zeno do In in character? If so then Toji just wouldn't be able to see it even given the equalization.

Now I think the fight overall can be really interesting, Zeno doesn't go instantly to using his danmaku which could remove Toji's fly heads right away but Toji also won't pull that out right away either. To start off since it's max 4km, once they both get to the Palace both will likely sense how powerful one another is and Zeno will know Toji is an actual threat and keep his distance. If Toji is unable to close the distance then he will pull out the chain and once that comes out Zeno may just try targeting it to destroy it to limit Toji.

Back