• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Striking Strength - Revised System Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update

Would like to hear opinions about this. Very interesting, and a very organized system.

I'm fine with either of the Striking Strength systems, though the one linked in the first post here is simpler and easier to understand for new users.

@Prom

And what of Continental, Planetary and Stellar?

Just asking as the one linked in the first post doesn't include them.

This is not related to the striking strength system so much as it is related to the tiering system overall, but could we add what town/city/mountain/small island/island/country/continent we are using as the basis for the rating?

Well, neither does the second one.

I guess I assumed that, given that those terms were accepted, that they'd be implemented into the first system if that's what we go with.

@Prom

Ah. Either way, I prefer the revision linked in the OP, with the three name changes I mentioned.

I'm fine with Lunar, since it pertains to our Moon, and is used singularly, which is fine.

What I am hesitant about, at least in the first system, is Continent, Planet and Star.

Sure, Stellar Class sounds better than Star Class, but "Large Stellar Class" sounds much more awkward than "Large Star Class". Ditto for Planet and Continent.

@Kavpeny

How about just replacing "Small" and "Large" with "Low" and "High" respectively? "High Stellar class" for large star striking strength actually sounds neat. And for small star, we can put "Low Stellar class".

@Kavpeny

I extremely strongly prefer the system that I deviced, which is linked to in the first post. Othervise we would just replace one hard to understand system with another, which would make all of this a pointless effort in the first place.

I was responding to Kavpeny. Sorry about not making that clear.

Well, me and Kavpeny talked about it in private and seemed to agree regarding that using terms like "Large Stellar Class" and especially "Dwarf Stellar Class" would sound silly. As such, using "Continent Class", "Moon Class", "Planet Class", and "Star Class", as detailed in the original conversion blog, is more consistent.

However, Kavpeny has not replied to my messages since May 31.

Also, to simplify the project, we considered temporarily giving the discussion moderators helping out content moderator privileges, to be removed immediately after their part is finished, but they should only be used for handling the revision project, and nothing else.

Anyway, we need to know who are currently available to help Lina out.

Also, we should preferably divide the project into parts, depending on who are available at the time, starting with tier 4, then 5, then 6, and so onwards, as tiers 3 and above are already fine.

A blog post will be made regarding the progress of the Striking Strength revision project, and how it would proceed.

However, as this is a relatively simple project (as it, said project does not involve complex coding), it should be optional for people to help out with the project according to their time schedule.

Well, only staff members should be allowed to help out, as it would become impossible for me to handle my already very extensive wiki monitoring duties othervise.

Also, they should note when they are able to participate, so the discussion moderators can get temporary promotions.

Okay. Kavpeny's blog works as well though.

If they are discussion moderators, I will also give them content moderator privileges while they are helping out. You can later inform me about who I should temporarily promote, and when they are finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back