• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Striking Strenght and Lifting Strenght

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyperception said:
Threre is strength,however.
I want to know how much is it?

Example something like this:

Class TJ: Terajoule class (Attacks carry the energy of kilotons of TNT explosives. Physical Strikes are high end Multi-City Block level to Large Town level. Punches comparable to low end nukes)

Or do i need to convert the Tons to something else to get the result?

17,420,000 Tons, This is 7.289*1016 Joules

HokageMangaVox said:
FanofRPGs said:
You cannot convert lifting strength to striking strength
Then how do i know how much weight is that? Using pounds or Tons?
you dont. striking strength is purely for destruction. lifting strength has nothing to do with destruction. they are opposite in use

Faisal Shourov said:
HokageMangaVox said:
FanofRPGs said:
You cannot convert lifting strength to striking strength
Then how do i know how much weight is that? Using pounds or Tons?
you dont. striking strength is purely for destruction. lifting strength has nothing to do with destruction. they are opposite in use
Then how much lifting stregth would you need to lift does Tons, and how much destruction would that cause?

I think i got it. Tell me if I'm wrong.

17,420,000 Tons, is 7.289*1016 Joules, 1 Gigaton of TNT = 1000 Megatons of TNT= 4.184 * 10^18 (j),

Class P: 10^15 to 10^18 kg (The mass of small moons or small asteroids)

or 1 Megaton of TNT = 1000 Kilotons of TNT = 4.184 * 10^15 (j)

Class T: 10^12 to 10^15 kg (The mass of the heaviest mountains)

Right?

Lifting Strength will never be able to be calculated to get striking force

Where are you getting that number? 203,280 tons =/= an amount of energy unless it is some kinetic energy calc

FanofRPGs said:
Where are you getting that number? 203,280 tons =/= an amount of energy unless it is some kinetic energy calc
Yes. How much is it?

HokageMangaVox said:
FanofRPGs said:
Yes. How much is it?
How much is what?

i think his trying to find out how much energy is used by human body to lift certain mass. but that also requires a timeframe. there is ultimately no correlation between striking and lifting strength

Faisal Shourov said:
i think his trying to find out how much energy is used by human body to lift certain mass. but that also requires a timeframe. there is ultimately no correlation between striking and lifting strength
Yes, exactly what you said. The Speed is Mach 140.

Striking Strength is how much damage a character can deliver through physical strikes. It recurrently overlaps with Attack Potency for physically enhanced characters. Lifting strength is how much a character can lift, and usually does not overlap with striking strength.

@Isuclone Because fiction writers usually do not care about realism, and even if they did, striking strength would be determined by mass, and the speed relative to another object, not how much somebody can bench-press.

@HMV Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back