• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Recently, there was a downgrade which took Blumhouse’s Michael from Wall level to Street level. But looking at his feats, he should probably be Street level+.

So he should scale to the High-End of bone breaking, which is 9920 Joules or Street level+

Nevermind about that. He should be Street+ (or maybe higher) based off of the car feat, which we only use the 25 mph end, but since Hawkins was dead set on killing Myers and slammed the pedal, we should at least use the 45 mph end which is 12.9 KJ.

This would also scale to both Laurie and Corey.

Agree: GraveDigger84, (1)

Disagree:

(Note: This only scales to his 2018-2022 key, not 1978.)

Last edited:
The Walking Dead TV Universe uses the high-end Street+ value for bone breaking for its characters due to breaking someone’s arm, breaking someone’s neck, and crushing a skull.
That just means the TWD verse has the wrong scale.

The feats of breaking necks and breaking skulls are calculated to Street. Breaking an arm would be in the range 375-9920 Joules, but only 375 would be the correct number to use considering that, as the source says, the bone must be broken in a specific way for 9920 Joules to be needed.
But the necessary force increased exponentially when they applied it at anything over 50 degrees away from that orientation, up to a whopping 9,920 Joules when they applied a nearly perpendicular force.

i agree with theShape03, but I think you could still argue 9-C+ to 9B off the car feat. We use the 25 mph end, but Hawkins was dead set on killing Myers and slammed the pedal. Seems like a lowball. And he should upscale it off the nature of his powers; I’ve seen a statement from JLC saying he’s stronger in Kills, but never saved it if anyone has it.

Actually the bone argument might still be usable since the force Myers applies is perpendicular, or at least >50 degrees, so the higher end could be used. The HK novel also says he grinded Allison’s wrist bones together with mere grip strength

Arguably could round up to 9B since they’re casual feats

Actually the bone argument might still be usable since the force Myers applies is perpendicular, or at least >50 degrees, so the higher end could be used. The HK novel also says he grinded Allison’s wrist bones together with mere grip strength

Arguably could round up to 9B since they’re casual feats
9920 Joules is the energy needed to break a bone when the force is applied at more than 50 degrees from the orientation of the collagen fibers, that is something very specific. So, I still feel unsure about the 9-C+.

I'm also not sure about the 9-C+ durability, the car wasn't visibly moving that fast. Also, even though the car was just a few meters away from Michael, Sartain had time to say one sentence and Allyson had time to scream before the car hit him, so I find it hard to believe the car was going faster than 20 m/s.

9920 Joules is the energy needed to break a bone when the force is applied at more than 50 degrees from the orientation of the collagen fibers, that is something very specific. So, I still feel unsure about the 9-C+.

I'm also not sure about the 9-C+ durability, the car wasn't visibly moving that fast. Also, even though the car was just a few meters away from Michael, Sartain had time to say one sentence and Allyson had time to scream before the car hit him, so I find it hard to believe the car was going faster than 20 m/s.
The force would be applied perpendicularly I think unless you assume he just snapped it at the joint. The study also used an old woman, Michael does this to grown men so more support for the higher end.

The car was well more than a few meters away. Hawkins was already driving fairly fast - around 30 mph - looking for Michael, turned without stopping, Hawkins floors the accelerator, says "brace yourselves" then you can hear it accelerate before finally hitting Michael. It not looking fast would probably just be meta stuff since it was done with practical effects. Like how the fire hose he gets sprayed in Kills with looks weak, but is obviously meant to be strong.
Or you could just take the novel which says everything I outlined above without cinematic limitations.

Reviewing the scene, I'd say 25 mph would be a gross lowball - he's doing 30 before he even sees Michael, and it's between 50-60 mph. 9-B imo

The force would be applied perpendicularly I think unless you assume he just snapped it at the joint.
What I mean is that it's a very specific angle. You'd have to prove that Michael applied the force more than 50 degrees from the orientation of the collagen fibers. I have no problem with Michael scaling above the 375 joules value, but the high end comes from a very specific angle of attack.
The study also used an old woman, Michael does this to grown men so more support for the higher end.
The high end depends on the angle at which the force is applied, it has nothing to do with the age of the person whose bones are broken. So no.
The car was well more than a few meters away. Hawkins was already driving fairly fast - around 30 mph - looking for Michael, turned without stopping, Hawkins floors the accelerator, says "brace yourselves" then you can hear it accelerate before finally hitting Michael. It not looking fast would probably just be meta stuff since it was done with practical effects. Like how the fire hose he gets sprayed in Kills with looks weak, but is obviously meant to be strong.
Or you could just take the novel which says everything I outlined above without cinematic limitations.
The fact that Sartain has the time to say a sentence and Allyson has the time to scream before the car hits Michael is a good indicator of how fast the car was going. Unless Sartain can say an entire sentence in a fraction of a second.
he's doing 30 before he even sees Michael
Scan? If we have a known speed figure, we would simply do the calculation using 30 mph. Since the car accelerated but we don't know how much, Michael would simply scale above whatever result we get using 30 mph. It is the best option instead of assuming baseless values.

Also, I think that patrol car is heavier than what we use in the common feat calculation, and Michael's actor weighs more than just 70 kg. I think someone should calculate the feat using the specific data for this feat.

What I mean is that it's a very specific angle. You'd have to prove that Michael applied the force more than 50 degrees from the orientation of the collagen fibers. I have no problem with Michael scaling above the 375 joules value, but the high end comes from a very specific angle of attack.
It's not a very specific angle. Anything over 50 and peaking around a perpendicular force. Myers rips his arm the opposite direction which would be roughly perpendicular. You can grab your own wrist irl and push it backwards to see the direction of force relative to bone.
The high end depends on the angle at which the force is applied, it has nothing to do with the age of the person whose bones are broken. So no.
Men have denser, stronger bones, and people get weaker as they age. This is why old people often are incapacitated when they fall over and often die, but young people just tank that. Breaking a man's bone with a perpendicular force will obviously require more power than breaking an old woman's bone.
The fact that Sartain has the time to say a sentence and Allyson has the time to scream before the car hits Michael is a good indicator of how fast the car was going. Unless Sartain can say an entire sentence in a fraction of a second.
Like I said it's cinematics, they give Sartain the line to foreshadow him being evil and Allyson because she's a scared teenager. I personally find this stuff nitpicky, but You can take the novelization which doesn't have the dialogue beyond Hawkins spotting him if it's really disqualifying in your eyes.
Scan? If we have a known speed figure, we would simply do the calculation using 30 mph. Since the car accelerated but we don't know how much, Michael would simply scale above whatever result we get using 30 mph. It is the best option instead of assuming baseless values.
30 mph is a normal driving speed in American neighborhoods and he has several seconds to accelerate before impact. If you've driven a car and floor the accelerator, you'll hit 60 in seconds with an average can. 30 mph wouldn't be the safest option since that's how fast people normally drive in those areas, not how fast a cop is gonna drive flooring a car to defeat a seria killer.
Also, I think that patrol car is heavier than what we use in the common feat calculation, and Michael's actor weighs more than just 70 kg. I think someone should calculate the feat using the specific data for this feat.
Indeed since there would be not just the driver, but Allyson, Sartain, and the steel partition.

Doesn’t the higher the weight make the value lower instead of higher?
It doesn't. Using the weight of a Chevrolet Tahoe and taking into account the weight of Allyson, Sartain, and Hawkins, the car would only have to be going around 40 mph, more than reasonable imo, for the feat to be baseline 9-B. Could be lower since the steel partition could add a hundred or so lb.

Well if we combine the weight of the Chevrolet Tahoe, Allyson, Hawkins, and Dr. Sartain (assuming Sartain is the weight of a 5’9” male), and using the weight of James Jude Courtney, also assuming the car was moving at 40 mph…

((2771.1528*17.8816)/(95+2771.1528))^2*95*0.5 = 14198.0476094 Joules which is Street level+ just barely below Wall level

Well if we combine the weight of the Chevrolet Tahoe, Allyson, Hawkins, and Dr. Sartain (assuming Sartain is the weight of a 5’9” male), and using the weight of James Jude Courtney, also assuming the car was moving at 40 mph…

((2771.1528*17.8816)/(95+2771.1528))^2*95*0.5 = 14198.0476094 Joules which is Street level+ just barely below Wall level
We used slightly different masses - I think mine came out to 2,813 kg, but the partition should make up for it. Skimming online sources, they're anywhere from 65 to 135 lb. Myers can be restored to his former 9-B glory.

Cory and Laurie can downscale to an At Most

Skimming online sources, they're anywhere from 65 to 135 lb.
The one I found is about 40.82 kg
-
Also the car’s weight varies between 5,265 to 5,524 lbs which average is 5,394.5 lbs or 2,446.90404 kg. (I used the wrong model before)

Nevermind about that. He should be Street+ (or maybe higher) based off of the car feat, which we only use the 25 mph end, but since Hawkins was dead set on killing Myers and slammed the pedal, we should at least use the 45 mph end which is 12.9 KJ.
So the car used is a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe PPV which as a 0-60 rating of 8.66 seconds or roughly 6.9 MPH gained for every second of acceleration. From what I see the scene from him speeding up to hitting Michael is only 4 seconds and the car stops rather quickly.

So while he did speed up I'm thinking its more of a 25 to 35 thing rather than a 45 thing.

So the car used is a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe PPV which as a 0-60 rating of 8.66 seconds or roughly 6.9 MPH gained for every second of acceleration. From what I see the scene from him speeding up to hitting Michael is only 4 seconds and the car stops rather quickly.
It only takes him around 5.8 seconds to actually hit Michael which should round up to around 17.89 m/s or 40.01 mph.

So while he did speed up I'm thinking its more of a 25 to 35 thing rather than a 45 thing.
He was already driving at a decent pace when he started accelerating. It's a reasonable assumption to say he was going at a typical neighborhood speed of 30 mph prior so it'd be 57 mph

The one I found is about 40.82 kg
-
Also the car’s weight varies between 5,265 to 5,524 lbs which average is 5,394.5 lbs or 2,446.90404 kg. (I used the wrong model before)
Ok. So total weight should be 54 kg (Allyson) + 80(2) kg + 2505 kg + 34 kg (Front bumper) + 40 kg for 2,753 kg. It's splitting hairs at this point since the car should have been going 50-60 mph

It only takes him around 5.8 seconds to actually hit Michael which should round up to around 17.89 m/s or 40.01 mph.
So let's say the car was going 25 mph (average suburb speed) before it accelerated towards Michael. HorrorHistory said the car accelerated for 5.8 seconds, Qawsedf234 said 4 seconds, I'll just do 2 ends to keep things simple.

Low End:

(6.9 * 4) + 25 = 52.6 mph (23.5143 m/s)

The weight of the car + everything inside is supposedly 2753 kg. The weight of the Michael actor is supposedly 95 kg, although some sources say 90.

((2753*23.5143)/(95+2753))^2*95*0.5 = 24540.8822642 Joules (9-B)

High End:

(6.9 * 5.8) + 25 = 65.02 mph (29.0665408 m/s)

((2753*29.0665408)/(95+2753))^2*95*0.5 = 37498.4020926 Joules (9-B)

Okay, someone should put this on a blog. I would do it, but the truth is that it makes me lazy.

So let's say the car was going 25 mph (average suburb speed) before it accelerated towards Michael. HorrorHistory said the car accelerated for 5.8 seconds, Qawsedf234 said 4 seconds, I'll just do 2 ends to keep things simple.

Low End:

(6.9 * 4) + 25 = 52.6 mph (23.5143 m/s)

The weight of the car + everything inside is supposedly 2753 kg. The weight of the Michael actor is supposedly 95 kg, although some sources say 90.

((2753*23.5143)/(95+2753))^2*95*0.5 = 24540.8822642 Joules (9-B)

High End:

(6.9 * 5.8) + 25 = 65.02 mph (29.0665408 m/s)

((2753*29.0665408)/(95+2753))^2*95*0.5 = 37498.4020926 Joules (9-B)

Okay, someone should put this on a blog. I would do it, but the truth is that it makes me lazy.
The novel says Hawkin hit the breaks at the last instant for fear of traumatizing Allyson. The lower end should probably be used.

Back