• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steve (Minecraft) VS Drizzt (DnD)

You know, if he stays in the Hunter state for a long period of time, he will get enormous fatigue if he doesn't hit his target, Steve. Thus making Steve more than able to decapitate the dude.

For this match, other than speed being equal, are there any other assumptions that are made? What potions does Steve have? Can Drizzt summon Guenhwyvar and Andahar? What enchantments would Steve's stuff get?

• Steve could hit a Ethereal beings, shown in Mansion he fought Vexes.
  • Drizzt had a hard time scratching Steve's skin would be same he fought a girl could easily cut steel , also Steve survive in the level of Steel Evaporation feat.
  • The hole point of Steve's "Adept Swordsman" is that he's technically specialized at blocking & basic swordplay could parried Drizzt' superior sword play, he fought horde of mobs equal speed in combat and reactions at night basis, he could fight on night alright because he live in that way.
  • "Increasing Health" is Instantaneous Regenerationn are canon based on potions and you thought Steve's don't get wound or it's related about Heart(Health Points) game mechanic? i bet you haven't played Minecraft before?
  • Steve's immune to blinding effects due he shown could see even in Daylight with night vision.
  • Drizzt on Hunter state would also had a hardtime scratching/slicing a Diamond Shield, Note: his shield could deflect an arrows that could penetrate it's only head to bedrock also woods in Minecraft aren't the same as woods in Real Life they're just similar and Minecraft's different world or alternate reality, doesn't make his shield a game mechanic.
  • Steve's smarter due Gift, not tactics, but also a quick thinker.
  • Steve also have 4-6 items of Totems of Undying, Steve don't only have 1 Totem of Undying if you don't play Minecraft then watch some videos because THERE'S NOT ONLY ONE EVOKERS IN MANSION common sense please.

@645814 Lets go one at a time.

1. Unless I'm mistaken, Steve's ability to hit Ethereal beings doesn't matter in this fight, but sounds like it should be on his page if its true.

2. Good thing both Drizzt and Steve are Town level and should logically have no trouble cutting through steel. I will say that Steve's durability is a little under double Drizzt's AP, but he's fought tougher opponents than himself before, and his resistance to slashing damage would help reduce the AP gap.

3. Drizzt's combat style involves quickly attacking with two scimitars and parrying and he equaled, if not was the better, of someone who fought exactly the same way, so unless Steve manages to break one of Drizzt's swords or something that isn't really an issue. Also, if I'm not mistaken all of Minecraft's fodder are Building level, so he hasn't really fought hordes of characters on his own level level, especially not 3 (seeing how he apparently has a magic unicorn, what I get for not reading the whole Legend of Drizzt series). Drizzt even has similar experience, fighting hordes of orcs and demons in the past, the latter mostly head on while the orcs involved some outside help.

4. I don't think anyone said his healing potions were game mechanics, but I'm pretty sure healing potions are very rare in Forgotten Realms, so Steve's would just be really good healing potions by comparison.

5. I don't think that really counts as immunity to blinding.

6. I can't find any mention of a Diamond shield on the Minecraft Wiki, but I doubt it has explicit cut-resisting powers. It would be as durable as Steve is, if anything, and you can only block in one direction at a time.

7. I assume you mean he's stated as Gifted on his page? Steve isn't trained in swordplay, but he knows how to use it well enough to fight mostly mindless mobs and simple animals like wolves. Sure, he can fight the Wither and the Ender Dragon, but they have relatively straightforward attacks, and the latter almost explicitely requires arrows if I'm not mistaken. Meanwhile, as I said earlier, Drizzt literally bested his equal in swordplay, and consistently outperforms other skilled swordsmen.

8. Point taken. That should be mentioned on Steve's page, though. Also, it doesn't actually fully heal Steve, it brings him back at the brink of death, gives him a little bonus health, and heals him. If Drizzt see's him standing and healing, they'll just cut him down again. Also also, Steve has to give up either his sword hand or his shield hand in order to ressurect, as he has to be actively wielding it in order to revive, which would negate some of the benefits you mentioned earlier.

DerpCity said:
@645814 Lets go one at a time.
-snip-
1.Well yea, just stating he could hit because drizzt could hit ethereal beings too.

2.Doubles but his shield and resistance effect to 20% damage via Golden Apple

3.He fought mobs in the same level ENDERMAN IS ANNOYING THING IN MINECRAFT. Drizzt hordes are too EZ compare to his mobs speed combat and reaction. Oh i'm not talking about boss monsters.

4.well someone said "increasing health" is game mechanics then i debunk this claim.

5.ofcourse hm................ not immune to blinding but the fact he HAVE A GOOD EYE TO BE ABLE TO SEE DAYLIGHT WITH NIGHT VISION EFFECT.

6.huh? that's strange *reads wiki page again* oh i see.. Diamond Shield [i think i watched the video about mods =_=']

7.Steve always weakness is Stamina(hunger bar) and Travel Speed.

8.When the time, in healing state, he could just dodge and block with placing blocks everywhere to prevent killing him easy as Drizzt is straightfoward fighter then Steve always fought straight forward mobs would be enough to dodge Drizzt but Drizzt would realize third the use of Totem of Undying giving Steve much trouble.

-Seems there's some people think about splash potion is liquid (Minecraft Potions are Magic Potions not like cliche of anime/novel), WHEN SPLASH POTIONS TOUCH THE GROUND WILL INSTANTANEOUSLY AFFECT 4 METER RADIUS giving Drizzt had no chance of dodging but he still could dodge by AIM DODGING that's the weakness of potions but like you said POTIONS ARE RARE IN DRIZZT WORLD BUT MINECRAFT SPLASH POTION IS EVEN MORE RARE

Potions aren't exactly..."rare" in the Forgotten Realms, per se, they're just expensive. Again, though, I have to bring up Drizzt's magic and poison resistances. Splash potions aren't going to do much.

Korudo Daio said:
Potions aren't exactly..."rare" in the Forgotten Realms, per se, they're just expensive. Again, though, I have to bring up Drizzt's magic and poison resistances. Splash potions aren't going to do much.
There's no Splash potion in Forgotten Realms

Splash potion isn't exactly magic spell due those Potions are
Status Effect Inducement, it would still affect Drizzt, not to be confuse with "magic" referred to Status Effect Inducement, Decay would inflicts Death Manipulation so it would still potent, just heard someone said gamemode is gamemechanics if they'd just agree like that then 10% fatal damage per second would be a problem to Drizzt even in his Hunter State mode.

Minecraftlover67 said:
Should I just add this on both their pages An Inconclusive?
that's a bad idea, there still people voting for Drizzt, waiting for more votes.
even Steve first to overwhelmed Drizzt being faster than Drizzt, in his Hunter state would triple his speed eventually overwhelm Steve.
I don't think there's no speed equalize here, sigh.

Speed was equalized in the OP, so that's not an issue.

Most fights tend to be speed equalized, because otherwise the winner is kind of obvious.

Potions in Minecraft are magic. Even if they aren't, they'd count as toxins, which Drizzt is resistant to.

This means Drizzt can't use his Hunter mode due Speed Equalize right?

Steve has Enchanted Apples, Shields and Dacay Splash Potions, Oone more thing about Splash Potion- in Drizzt world there's no potion like Minecraft splash potions could instantaneous affect 4 meter radius, giving Drizzt a trouble. "s" plural because why Steve can't use multiple items when in Minecraft Multiple Stuffs/Stack Items are commo in Minecraft. Steve needs Foods for natural healing factor(mid).

Drizzt his arsenal and resistence may counter some of Steve's arsenal, giving Steve a trouble.

Still rooting for Steve even Drizzt's superior in swordsplay and trickery wouldn't very long time to Steve can parried his swordplay by observing Drizzt strikings long enough, Drizzt is straight forward to this battle and Steve has daily basis even they're mindless there's still difficulty, Drizzt fought Orcs and Monsters are little smarter (still mindless) than Mobs in minecraft but this Mobs equalized in strength and combat & reaction speed, Steve has better experience with straightforward hordes of monster in night basis. I'm not talking about Boss monsters. Being Elf specie helps Drizzt grew stronger and for human like Steve's harsher experience than humans in swords and magics manga/anime genre.

Ok, So

Steve: 5: Zanybrainy2000 , TheNeolancer , 645814, Minecraftlover67, Davidgumazon

Drizzt: 4: Korudo Daio, Overlord775, Derp City, EliminatorVenom

Davidgumazon said:
-snipped for brevity-
Hunter Mode also boosts Drizzt's AP and sends him into a mode of pure focus. Orcs aren't mindless, either, they're fully sapient, they just have a lower intelligence score--but that doesn't mean they aren't cunning and capable of problem solving, unlike Minecraft monsters. Not to mention, Drizzt has also successfully fought off multiple drow elves at once, including noble warriors, priestesses, and wizards--not just simpler fodder like orcs and goblins. Drizzt's opponents are smarter and more skilled at arms than anything Steve's faced before, and Drizzt frequently outwits and outfights them.

And to say that Steve could stand a chance by "observing Drizzt's striking long enough" is also ridiculous. Drizzt does use some "routines", but as proved in his fight against Dantrag Baenre, improvisation in the middle of combat is Drizzt's greatest weapon; not to mention, Steve is too much of a novice to be able to follow Drizzt's patterns, even if Drizzt *didn't* improvise.

ON TOP OF THAT, Drizzt is a truly ambidextrous fighter--his hands move independently from each other. Meaning while he's parrying Steve's sword with one of his own, he's already got his other scimitar lined up for a follow-up. Steve cannot possibly keep up with something like that, being a typical heavy armor-wearing, sword-and-board-wielding "flail until its dead" fighter. Drizzt will outlast and outfight him, no question about it; he knows well the mechanics of fighting someone in full armor who carries a shield.

Actually, in the 1.9 update, Steve can duel- wield. While Steve is fighting off Drizzt, he can either shoot at Drizzt, use potions to help himself or use shields to block Drizzt's attack while holding on to a sword in the other hand.

How does one shoot a bow-and-arrow one-handedly? Standard bows require two-handed use--one hand to hold the shaft of the bow, the other to draw the string back. As well, Steve still isn't truly ambidextrous, and being able to use a potion in one hand while a sword is in the other makes no difference in this fight. Nor does Steve being able to dual-wield, as again, there's a massive gap in skill. Steve is not a "gifted" swordsman, by any definition of the term. Two swords or one, he follows the "flail until its dead" method, and he lacks Drizzt's 100+ years of experience with dual-wielding weapons of the same length, which is something the drow specialize in in the Forgotten Realms.

Korudo Daio said:
How does one shoot a bow-and-arrow one-handedly? Standard bows require two-handed use--one hand to hold the shaft of the bow, the other to draw the string back. As well, Steve still isn't truly ambidextrous, again, there's a massive gap in skill. Steve is not a "gifted" swordsman, by any definition of the term. Two swords or one, he follows the "flail until its dead" method,
If u eva stopped and played Minecraft, you will get my point.

"Flail until its dead"? are u kidding me!? Its game mechanics, and they are never allowed. Still, Steve is very skilled with a sword. When Steve got a sword for the first time, he still handled that weapon like he already knew how to use it. And all the other weapons Steve has, still handles them like an absolute badass. Like he already knew how to use them.

It says "Adept Swordsman" on Steve's Profile for a reason Korudo Daio, and I'm not going to let a "Dungeons and Dragons Super Fan" get in my way of let Steve have the win!

There's nothing canonically stating that Steve has any actual skill or experience fighting other skilled swordsmen.

Anyone can swing a sword around and perform decent cuts, once they get the basics of edge alignment, to kill a bunch of mindless animals and monsters that are incapable of basic thought or strategy. Drizzt, meanwhile, was trained since he was a child in the traditions of drow martial combat, and he's put those skills to deadly use for over a century. He frequently engages other highly-intelligent, adept-level-or-higher swordsmen along with the usual orcs, and always comes out on top unless the odds are simply overwhelming.

One on one? Drizzt takes this. He's vastly more experienced at fighting competent armed opponents, outright trounces Steve when it comes to skill at arms, can easily outmaneuver Steve with his acrobatics, and has better resists against the types of damage that Steve can dish out.

And...dude, don't. I'm not a "super fan". Don't attach any cringy titles to me whatsoever. I've just read the books, I know what I'm talking about.

except that steve's only move other than a simple slash, is a side swipe, you can't just assume he has other skills and i think that "adept swordman" should be removed, because there's no way in hell that he is a adept sworman, also you are doing the minecraft fanboy, steve only fought mindless monsters, drizzt has fought adept swordmans, drizz is obviusly a better swordman, and if you give me a sword, i would know how to use it, swing it to the neck of the mindless zombie, does it make me a good sworman ? no, it doesn't

Overlord775 said:
except that steve's only move other than a simple slash, is a side swipe, you can't just assume he has other skills and i think that "adept swordman" should be removed, because there's no way in hell that he is a adept sworman, also you are doing the minecraft fanboy, steve only fought mindless monsters, drizzt has fought adept swordmans, drizz is obviusly a better swordman, and if you give me a sword, i would know how to use it, swing it to the neck of the mindless zombie, does it make me a good sworman ? no, it doesn't
ugh!!! "simple slash and swipe" is GAME MECHANICS, it only indicates he's specialized at blocking and basic swordplay, fought hordes of straightforward mobs in equal reaction and combat speed, Adept in Swordman is CANON he been fighting monsters at night basis and life threatening situations nonstop and can endure harsh environments, Nether can evaporate Water instantly are canon, said OP.

Davidgumazon said:
That doesn't mean he's actually capable of keeping up with someone who's actually skilled in martial arts. Steve has no training, and no experience fighting against expert-level swordsmen. Drizzt has a hundred years and more of training and experience; Drizzt would cut circles around him.

Overlord775 said:
Actually, he can keep up with others on the level of Adept Swordsman. Steve has fought other players like himself before and is either similar or superior to those players :)

Downplays in Steve must stop, i'll provide the reason there's still Steve chance to win, just because Drizzt a novel character. Latter this should be Inconclusive looking at two combatants. I remain to vote to Steve.

@Korudo Daio "How does one shoot a bow-and-arrow one-handedly? Standard bows require two-handed use--one hand to hold the shaft of the bow, the other to draw the string back"

@Davidgumazo: you're debunking that's irrelevant.

@Korudo Daio "As well, Steve still isn't truly ambidextrous"

@Davidgumazo: you're claiming a downplay for Steve, doesn't null the fact he's Adept Swordman, I just stated his experience about mobs (it would take me alot of time to accurately indicate his experiences, sigh).

@Korudo Daio "and being able to use a potion in one hand while a sword is in the other makes no difference in this fight"

@Davidgumazo: you're pointing the Player's tactics here, that's bias, still not null his arsenal tactics Steve's has actual arsenal tactics though under Drizzt superior swordmanship, doesn't null his arsenal tactics. Instantaneous Damage Potion would extremely weaken Drizzt 33.33% health/endurance/stamina.

@Korudo Daio "and he lacks Drizzt's 100+ years of experience with dual-wielding weapons of the same length"

@Davidgumazo: Again the downplay, Steve lives for 300~600 years base on my own calc, the wiki, death battle fanon wiki, minecraft forum and animation rewind youtube. "lack of dual wielding" just because of newest update is downplay, newest updates in Minecraft affects every detail in his survival experience that means he can dual-wield from the beginning to the present for atleast 200+ years or even higher and also there's a shield and enderpearl, Steve's tactics also were rapid switch item in Hammer Space via 101 years of experience.

@Korudo Daio "Nor does Steve being able to dual-wield","Two swords or one, he follows the "flail until its dead" method"

@Davidgumazo: Gameplay Mechanics

@Korudo Daio "there's a massive gap in skill. Steve is not a "gifted" swordsman, by any definition of the term."

@Davidgumazo: though he's gift in many survival skills, his swordsman is "adept" not "gift", thus it's irrelevant.

@Korudo Daio "Not to mention, Drizzt has also successfully fought off multiple drow elves at once, including noble warriors, priestesses, and wizards--not just simpler fodder like orcs and goblins. Drizzt's opponents are smarter and more skilled at arms than anything Steve's faced before, and Drizzt frequently outwits and outfights them."

@Davidgumazo: that doesn't Drizzt could EZ OHKO Steve, just because he fought Smarter opponent he litterally can underestimate like Steve in appearances "since he's stranger", when conflict happened in first battle starts Steve first to notice his opponent isn't mindless and has strange slightly powerful equipment in Steve's POV, Steve would just throw 3-5 instant harming splash potions II and enderpearl at the same time, Steve will just escape and watch Drizzt endure it to death even he survive he's in weakest state then Steve can do whatever he want in one word "kill". Steve's also doesn't underestimate his strange and new opponents (since it's pretty common in Minecraft) and Drizzt would likely to compare Steve to noble warrior, giving Drizzt a delay to counter his deadly arsenals, also Drizzt has no knowledge about what kind of potion Steve's using. Again should i repeat how Splash Potions work? it's exhausting.

@Korudo Daio "And to say that Steve could stand a chance by "observing Drizzt's striking long enough" is also ridiculous"

@Davidgumazo: I pointed it in long term battle, i just already explain above the short term battle. It's also ridiculous giving Steve no chance of winning just glancing what 2 combatants can do.

@Korudo Daio "while he's parrying Steve's sword with one of his own, he's already got his other scimitar lined up for a follow-up. Steve cannot possibly keep up with something like that", "he knows well the mechanics of fighting someone in full armor who carries a shield."

@Davidgumazo: that's scenario of mid-battle, it can be nulled though. Also the vital spots is small during Full Armor and Shield with swords would just protect his vital spots that's logic.

@Korudo Daio "being a typical heavy armor-wearing, sword-and-board-wielding "flail until its dead" fighter"

@Davidgumazo: heavy armor doesn't change the battle here, he casually lift without slowing said the OP. "flail until its dead" is game mechanics and downplay.

@Korudo Daio "Potions in Minecraft are magic. Even if they aren't, they'd count as toxins, which Drizzt is resistant to."

@Davidgumazo: that's not how it works, i stated "magic" referring to potions referred Status Effect Inducement, some of the effect of potions count as toxins, instant harming was never be a toxin, Decay would inflicts Death Manipulation so it would still potent, potions works differently in Minecraft than Drizzt, honestly looking at all this claims there's alot of bias, you should tell us useful information about Drizzt than casually wanking Steve's stats, though Steve's farther to glass cannon since not being user-implemented like Robloxian.

@Korudo Daio "Steve without armor is Room Level"

@Davidgumazo: Steve's a Building Level without armor his 8-C is tiering and not his Durability

@Korudo Daio "If normal steel can pierce Steve's skin, Drizzt's enchanted swords are certainly up to par."

@Davidgumazo: nope, Drizzt had a hard time scratching Steve's skin would be same he fought a girl could easily cut steel , also Steve survive in the level of Steel Evaporation feat. @DerpCity "Evasion feat would help reduce the splash potion's effects"

@Davidgumazo: Splash is an Instant not like a typical potions in novel/anime/manga.

@Zanybrainy2000Given that Drizzt has a resistance to slashing attacks... It'll take him time to realize that slashing attacks won't scratch him before he'll try using splash potions or TNT on him."

@Davidgumazo: nope his shirt wouldn't last long, his shirt still has durability and only absorbs piercing attacks, though he has vital spots, looking Steve's AP could.

-% inflict from potions since people right now thought his "health points" is game mechanics this means, i'll provide you current canonicity of how much it inflicts said Wiki stated a fatal damage 60% of Early-Game Steve ignores durability and Drizzt no equipment durability are slightly durable also still ignores Drizzt' dura and equipment, "treating all the potions as toxins and ineffective" is downplay and bias statement. Drizzt are resistence to magic/toxin makes no difference OP said Status Effect Inducement and Drizzt has null his equipments, it only takes 3 Instant Harming II to kill Drizzt that's the fact you can't change this, Dodging is useless as splash potions begun to touch the ground instantaneously affect 4 meter radius giving Drizzt a suprised before he could re-dodge the splash potion again Steve already knows his opponent aren't the same as Mobs he already thrown 3-5 instant harming potion II at same time, why would Steve would waste his potions not knowing what his enemy can do he'll notice before Drizzt does, Steve's skilled at arsenal tactics and Instant Harming splash potion II are his trump card doesn't downplay Drizzt advantages, thinking Steve has no chance to win is a laugh you're pointing out his Gameplay Mechanics that's not how it works.

Additional Info

• Enchanted Golden Apple increase his Strength, Leaping, Durability and Resistence to physical attacks greatly. Only few seconds his health back to normal.
  • increasing striking strength decrease the striking speed making him town level+ AP
  • He could use Anvil as a shield too and much more heavier and durable than Cubic of Gold.
  • Steve takes AP 25 kilotons with his arsenal upgrade to 37.5 kilotons (critical) or more kilotons is Town Level+. and bump
    • Minecraftlover67: While checking The Ender Dragon page, it said it can vaporize its own body's worth of steel, which is about 25 kilotons. If low bawling Ender Dragon and say it is its most powerful attack, it will do 15 health points of Damage to Steve without armour (Steve has 20 health points). That is Town Level at least. So you will need Drizzt to attack 13 Kilotons worth of force three times to put Steve down without armour. Plus, non - enchanted Diamond armour increases health by 4x and Steve's ability to tank hits by 8x. Then Drizzt will need 133 Kilotons worth of energy to put him down. And, Steve (without any gear), can punch with a force of nearly 1.7 Kilotons, making Attack Potency Low 7-C."
  • Speed Equalized, Speed boosting related Technique and Hunter mode is nulled, Slowness and Speed potion is nulled, Steve still takes AP and Arsenal Advantage
  • Instant Health Potion II this potion's unstoppable, breaking the potion and as long it throws himself while Drizzt in 7m radius, would help steve recovers. Recovers low-mid to Mid instantly 40% to be accurate.
  • Tipped arrows glancing at this arrows can weaken Drizzt, when Drizzt eventually got shot even he can dodge, also his bow is deceiving it's pratically Sniper Rifle.
  • Leaping Splash Potion could help him evade Drizzt known techniques.
  • Weakness Splash Potion II will Weaken Drizzt' Striking Strength at 40% at best.

Back