• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stealth Mastery Revision

Stealth is a lot more than just creeping around, and the Stealth Mastery page should reflect that.
There are several characters who are rather proficient at assuming the appearance of others, mimicking their voices, adopting their mannerisms, and blending into the society around them without a problem. This on its own, Disguise Mastery, should be a power on the Wiki.

Of course, you may be thinking, "This is just Stealth Mastery or Preparation", and while, yes, Disguise Mastery does require some degree of stealth and preparation, of course, this is not a subsidiary of those two powers—they are more like cousins that back them up financially. Disguise Mastery involves stealth, as you would need to be able to mask your own identity during such performances, a proficiency in acting and impressionism in order to properly take on the role of an entirely different person, and the mental fortitude to accurately insert yourself into a social environment that is unlike your own. In some cases, you would also need to prepare for such a task; perhaps you need to create a convincing mask and/or bodysuit, or completely alter your image, or find the proper outfit to wear on certain occasions.

Disguise Mastery is a mental ability that requires a great deal of willpower and the ability to cloak yourself as those around you, and is rather big part of certain characters.

The people that come to my mind first include:

"Loid Forger": His entire career is designed around disguising himself as others and living alternate lives on a regular basis.
Agent 47: Practically every mission involves him blending into the environment by disguising himself as a wealthy patron or an employee, often under someone else's clothes.
Roger Smith: Roger has hundreds, possibly even thousands of personas that he flips through on a regular basis. They are part of him as a person and as a character.
Literally any Assassin's Creed protagonist: If I recall correctly, like Agent 47, the assassins of Assassin's Creed fame regularly are forced to blend into their surroundings in order to evade law enforcement. Although, it has been awhile since I've played an Assassin's Creed, so if I am wrong here, please forgive me.

Please note that this is not Shapeshifting; although, in order to masquerade as someone you have copied, you would need Disguise Mastery (as Acting Intuition will fall under this).

Agree:
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
Yeah agree, team rocket does this too, and i guess spy from tf2? Yeah he is doing that with his disguise kit but he also canonically acts like tom for example

Not even sure why this would even be a power in the first place, this is something you can just note in the intelligence section.

Neutral, seems kinda redundant imo but at the same time, I don't see any issue with it.

I'm fine with this. It's noteworthy and while it can be indexed under stealth it's different enough from it to warrant a page imo.

So would this basically be like an advanced Stealth Mastery or something?

Seems a bit redundant, but meh, no real problems with it I guess.

People seems to be fine with the additions, perhaps you can ask a staff member to evaluate it.

Looking at the changes they look good. I'd probably change Ezio and Altair to just, "Many characters from Assassins Creed" or something similar

3 (myself, Saman and Armorchompy) plus Ant is former staff so I'd argue 4.

Back