• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Statistics and in verse tier systems

Randomlamdom

They/Them
How do statistic manipulating abilities work if it's based on an in verse tiering? if an in verse characters tier is equal to city level and cutting their stats in half brings them down to town level, would that work the same on an out verse character? since an out verse character likely wouldn't exactly match in verse, would it base them on the in verse tier they're closest to?

Not entirely sure I understand the question. Just making sure. Do you want to know whether an ability that halves someone's stats would be assumed to work like this in another verse as well if you were to make a vs match? Or is the question whether it'd be assumed that the stats are lowered to the same tier rather than halved?

In general we assume that an ability works just like it does in verse when making a vs match, unless there is a reason to make us believe it doesn't.

Like if on the in verse tier 8 equals 50 megatons and 9 equals 100 megatons, how would it with someone outside the verse who scales to 80 megatons? would they be equalized to the rating they’re closest to?

I am not sure I can quite follow. Sorry. Are you talking about a verse's own tiering system? Like how some verses have ranks for adventurers, heroes or monsters?

Yes and how the verse's statistic manipulating abilities would work with characters who aren't from the verse, since they don't have those stats i can measure

Ah, well, typically that depends on how it is treated in verse. The tiering system doesn't really matter. If an ability is stated to "half someone's stats" than that's what will happen. If it reduces stats to a certain point, like human level for example, then that's what will happen. What our tiering system or an inverse tiering system wants to call that level of power is fairly irrelevant.

But the problem is in vsbattles tiering system halving someone with 50 megatons would be down to 25 megatons, but this verse's tier would be down to town level, so then would other characters not from this verse also go down to town level? or like i said before if someone from outside the verse was 80 megatons, but in verse rating 8 is 50 megatons and rating 9 is mountain level, would the 80 megaton character be equalized to rating 9 for stat manipulation?

What they go down to is irrelevant of the tiering system. If their powers are divided or subtracted by a certain or capped to a certain amount, then that will be the same across all tiering systems. 50/2 is always 25.

If you are saying that the power is directly related to the inverse system in some way, then I guess you should look at what the character in question would be in that system and continue from there

Except it is relevant, yes 50/2 is 25, but that specifically is not what is being halved. in verse someone with a rating of 8 is 50 megatons, another in verse character that can cut their strength in half takes them down to a rating of 4, which would be in town level. would this also apply to other verses
So then does that mean someone with 80 megatons would be equalized to rating 9

Oh, ok, so what you are saying is that that character can cut the verse specific rating in half? If that's the case, then like I said in my previous post, you should figure out what the character outside the verse would be within the verse's own system and then simply apply the power like it usually would.

Back