• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

State of Captain Atoms Profile

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
Wasn't sure if this should be in a General discussion thread or even a content or Q&A thread but here goes...

So to anybody who probably doesn't know this guy by now, Captain Atom is one of those DC Comics guys whose supposed to be this really powerful dude...i think. You can pretty much look him up online or just look through his page briefly here.

The thing that's been bothering me about his page is...shouldn't we like give actual short descriptions like we always do for his page like we've done for thousands of other pages on the wikia here? Cause it says that he's universe level+ yet at times will show lower levels than that. Then there's like his "at least FTL+" rating but that one doesn't even have any reasoning for that.

Now some or most of y'all will say "Cross, there's scans on his page that says he can manipulate time and space" to "there's one that says he can initiate his own big bang" or something of the like on that. True, as it's there. But if that's the case, assuming it is true, shouldn't that be used for his reasonings for his page? I don't know what kind of simple reasoning i could come up with, which is kind of why i brought this up here.

Though yet another thought came as to whether or not we should keep it laying around like this. The thought of which led me to consider deleting it seeing as nobody is caring enough to read about him to revise his page. Sounds like the easy route but i feel that, though i may not be able to do him as i don't really know enough about him, maybe somebody else could try and revise him properly?

So my main thing here to ask is, should we try to revise the page properly like most of our profiles in general? Or should we just take the easy route and delete it seeing as nobody, once again, hasn't been able to look at his page enough or care to bother to and try to fix it?

I agree that the justifications in the page are of a very lacklustre quality. I will ask Matthew if he can fix it. Othervise it might be best to delete it.

I can fix it this weekend, yes. He is legitimaly Low 2-C and can do things like produce Big Bangs, but the way the page currently is isn't very good.

@Matt: It's been laying like that for more than 2 years, actually. I was rather surprised that nobody has noticed it when looking at the Tier 2's. I could have just silently deleted and just go on my business like i usually do, but i wanted to give the character a chance and finally bring it up here.

That and yeah, it's not up to par with our current pages too. That's why it's been like that for, again, more than 2 years.

Thank you for being willing to fix the page in any case.

Captain Atom and Aquaman are my two main concerns with DC pages right now. Please delete Firestorm, tho, it's unsalveageable and I dunno the character enough to fix it.

@Matt: The links of your scans don't work on my end to see, unfortunately.

I can definitely delete Firestorm then, however.

Back