• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't really see anything that'll stop Cat Blanc's Mega Cataclysm, so she gets deconstructed by him with any of his ranged attacks

I don't really see anything that'll stop Cat Blanc's Mega Cataclysm, so she gets deconstructed by him with any of his ranged attacks
Starlight could shoot a blast and one shot before Cat Blanc does anything, but Cat Blanc’s Galaxy sized attack should go first. Counted anyways

Starlight could shoot a blast and one shot before Cat Blanc does anything, but Cat Blanc’s Galaxy sized attack should go first. Counted anyways
What stops Cat Noir from dodging? And considering Cat Noir's attack is AoE attack, she would have a hard time to dodge

What stops Cat Noir from dodging? And considering Cat Noir's attack is AoE attack, she would have a hard time to dodge
I mean, Starlight could use her telekinesis and restrain Cat Blanc. But I don’t really see her doing that from the start.

I don't see any reason why she can't put up a shield and let it get deconstructed in her place or just teleport to another dimension and escape (Teleported to Discord's realm). Furthermore, how often is the Mega Cataclysm even used?

I don't see any reason why she can't put up a shield and let it get deconstructed in her place
If she tried that, the mega cataclysm would pretty much engulf her.
or just teleport to another dimension and escape (Teleported to Discord's realm). Furthermore,
Discord’s pocket dimension would probably be destroyed or effected in some way since the mega cataclysm can affect Bunnyx in her realm that allows her to travel throughout any point in time.
how often is the Mega Cataclysm even used?
Cat Blanc uses it very often

I don't see any reason why she can't put up a shield and let it get deconstructed in her place or just teleport to another dimension and escape (Teleported to Discord's realm). Furthermore, how often is the Mega Cataclysm even used?
Is it in-character for her to just teleport to another dimension whenever she's in danger? She's not bloodlusted here.

If not, then I have to vote Cat Blanc.

If she tried that, the mega cataclysm would pretty much engulf her.
It's an explosion. It needs to hit her to actually deconstruct her. If it hits the shield, then it can't reach her body, and the explosion will have "washed" over her by that point.
Discord’s pocket dimension would probably be destroyed or effected in some way since the mega cataclysm can affect Bunnyx in her realm that allows her to travel
throughout any point in time.
What's the realm like exactly?
Is it in-character for her to just teleport to another dimension whenever she's in danger?
It would be when confronted by an all-consuming Universe-sized blast with nowhere to actually go. That's not quite the same thing as being confronted by some angry beast or villain.
Cat Blanc uses it very often
Really? He goes for a Universe sized cataclysm every time he fights? Gonna need citations for that one. Show him using it so I can get an idea.

What's the realm like exactly?
It’s a realm that leads to multiple gateways into the past, present, and future
Really? He goes for a Universe sized cataclysm every time he fights? Gonna need citations for that one. Show him using it so I can get an idea.
He does use Mega Cataclysm often, but it’s not always Galaxy sized. If it were at a smaller size, it would be 5-A at best. If it were Galaxy sized, it would be 3-B, likely low 2-C at best.

Actually, Starlight won’t be able to escape from Discord’s pocket realm since the entire Universe would be nuked because of Mega Cataclysm.

He does use Mega Cataclysm often,
You're saying it, but I'm not seeing it.
but it’s not always Galaxy sized. If it were at a smaller size, it would be 5-A at best.
You say that, but the one time I saw in the video he used a smaller scale version, it only blew up a building.
If it were Galaxy sized, it would be 3-B, likely low 2-C at best.

The thing takes soo long to charge. Raised his hand a 4:22 and the blast didn't even become country-sized until 4:30. Tha's a whopping 8 seconds of time for Starlight to interrupt the guy mid-charge. And considering the galaxy wasn't even destroyed yet even by 4:42, that means the whole attack actually take 20 seconds to pull off at least (Given everything still wasn't destroyed then). And that was when the guy specifically wanted to destroy everything.

Hell, even regular Megas take 4 seconds (Started at 1:32 and was blasted out at 1:36). I'm still not seeing him consistently use blasts too overwhelmingly big in character. He only used it because he wanted to fix everything and Ladybug wouldn't hear him out.

You're saying it, but I'm not seeing it.
I was talking about the ones he did with his finger
You say that, but the one time I saw in the video he used a smaller scale version, it only blew up a building.
1:02 5-A explosion.
The thing takes soo long to charge. Raised his hand a 4:22 and the blast didn't even become country-sized until 4:30. Tha's a whopping 8 seconds of time for Starlight to interrupt the guy mid-charge. And considering the galaxy wasn't even destroyed yet even by 4:42, that means the whole attack actually take 20 seconds to pull off at least (Given everything still wasn't destroyed then). And that was when the guy specifically wanted to destroy everything.

Hell, even regular Megas take 4 seconds (Started at 1:32 and was blasted out at 1:36). I'm still not seeing him consistently use blasts too overwhelmingly big in character. He only used it because he wanted to fix everything and Ladybug wouldn't hear him out.
Still, he prevented Bunnyx from traveling to any point in time when he used that. And pretty much everything was covered in the blast, even ladybug. The reason she didn’t get deconstructed? She does have deconstruction resistance on her profile.

I was talking about the ones he did with his finger
Those were even smaller.
1:02 5-A explosion.

Uh? Erm, no. Those were country-sized, well well within Starlight's teleportation range. I'm not counting the moon since it only cracked it in half and wasn't totally affected. Furthermore, that wasn;t even a casual blast. That was by pure accident when he was in a state of deep stress. Curiously, the only other time he made a massive blast; to my recollection that is, was under the same circumstances.
Still, he prevented Bunnyx from traveling to any point in time when he used that.
Yeah. But charge time.
And pretty much everything was covered in the blast, even ladybug. The reason she didn’t get deconstructed? She does have deconstruction resistance on her profile.
So what? Does the planet resist it now too? The one that was going to be destroyed along with the Universe? Ladybug wasn't the only thing engulfed by the blast. Ladybug doesn't resist anything, in spite of what her profile says. Bunnyx all but tells us he was about to destroy the world. Meaning it hasn't happened yet. She even says this after everything gets engulfed by the blast. He didn't destroy anything. He was preparing to do so. That so-called "blast" is blatantly just a massive ball of light produced by how much energy he's giving off.

Last edited:
Gilad explains all this better then I do so it’s best to wait for him to respond

All the time. He literally started with it upon getting akumatized

And why would she know she needs to protect herself from the attack? She has no knowledge of him

Those were even smaller.

Uh? Erm, no. Those were country-sized, well well within Starlight's teleportation range. I'm not counting the moon since it only cracked it in half and wasn't totally affected. Furthermore, that wasn;t even a casual blast. That was by pure accident when he was in a state of deep stress. Curiously, the only other time he made a massive blast; to my recollection that is, was under the same circumstances.

Yeah. But charge time.

So what? Does the planet resist it now too? The one that was going to be destroyed along with the Universe? Ladybug wasn't the only thing engulfed by the blast. Ladybug doesn't resist anything, in spite of what her profile says. Bunnyx all but tells us he was about to destroy the world. Meaning it hasn't happened yet. She even says this after everything gets engulfed by the blast. He didn't destroy anything. He was preparing to do so. That so-called "blast" is blatantly just a massive ball of light produced by how much energy he's giving off.
Ladybug was not hit by Cat Noir's Mega Cataysm, as the blast was created above her head, and when she was engulfed by it (in the alternate timeline), she got killed

The blast didn't fired yet in the episode, but that is only because Ladybug convinced Cat Blanc to stop and that she'll give her miraculous, otherwise he would've just fired it and killed everyone

Also, the only reason Cat Blanc didn't destroy her on sight is becauae he loved Ladybug and wanted her to willingly give her miraculous to him

All the time. He literally started with it upon getting akumatized
Out of intense stress, and by pure accident according to his own words. Just because he started with it one time, doesn't mean he'll start with the same sized one all the time.
And why would she know she needs to protect herself from the attack? She has no knowledge of him
Because she's not a dumbass? She's dodged/shielded herself from attacks she specifically knew weren't strong enough to hurt her in the past. She's just smart enough to not let herself get hit by something if she can help it.
Ladybug was not hit by Cat Noir's Mega Cataysm, as the blast was created above her head,
The point being made was the one shown in the video; one of them anyways, was only building-sized.
The blast didn't fired yet in the episode, but that is only because Ladybug convinced Cat Blanc to stop and that she'll give her miraculous, otherwise he would've just fired it and killed everyone
He was literally trying to do exactly that. He had given up by that point and decided to nuke everything with his cataclysm. That doesn't really change the 20 second charge time I saw. Ignoring that, the blast still took 8 seconds to begin expanding wide-scale. Either scenario means Starlight has plenty of time to react and interrupt him.

Out of intense stress, and by pure accident according to his own words. Just because he started with it one time, doesn't mean he'll start with the same sized one all the time.
You realize Cat Blanc is literally insane right? So yes he would normally act that way. In fact the only reason why Ladybug wasn't destroyed is because he loved her and wanted her earrings
Because she's not a dumbass? She's dodged/shielded herself from attacks she specifically knew weren't strong enough to hurt her in the past. She's just smart enough to not let herself get hit by something if she can help it.

The point being made was the one shown in the video; one of them anyways, was only building-sized.
Cat Blanc only had it because he didn't wanted to kill Ladybug right away. As I said before, he first wanted to convince her to give him her miraculous. However, the moment Cat Blanc realized Ladybug isn't going to give her miraculous, he went straight away to use an AoE attack to kill everyone, and since Starlight isn't Ladybug, Cat Blanc will try to kill her

You realize Cat Blanc is literally insane right? So yes he would normally act that way.
And how does that justify him making a mega cataclysm first come first serve at everyone he possibly faces?
In fact the only reason why Ladybug wasn't destroyed is because he loved her and wanted her earrings

Cat Blanc only had it because he didn't wanted to kill Ladybug right away. As I said before, he first wanted to convince her to give him her miraculous. However, the moment Cat Blanc realized Ladybug isn't going to give her miraculous, he went straight away to use an AoE attack to kill everyone,
Which she can interrupt given the charge time.

And how does that justify him making a mega cataclysm first come first serve at everyone he possibly faces?
I already explained it. The moment he realized Ladybug isn't going to give him his miraculous and he started to treat her as an enemy, he immediately went for a mega cataclysm to kill them
Which she can interrupt given the charge time.
I doubt she will realize its dangerous befofe its too late as she doesn't know the attack ignore durability. Also, Cat Noir's Base Cataclysm can already stop and disintigrate magical energy attacks, so if she tries to attack him with that, it's going to be destroyed by the attack

I doubt she will realize its dangerous befofe its too late as she doesn't know the attack ignore durability.
I already explained it: She's not gonna sit on her ass and think the giant expanding ball isn't a threat based on her previous actions. Furthermore, the mare has 20 whole seconds to realize something has to be done. You cannot expect me to believe she's not going to respond in that timeframe.
Also, Cat Noir's Base Cataclysm can already stop and disintigrate magical energy attacks, so if she tries to attack him with that, it's going to be destroyed by the attack
A: Source on this?
B: I don't see that happening. She's "at least" Low 2-C, as in: "Close to outright 2-C at least". If anything, the fact that his maximum is only Universe level+ means he can't nullify energy from anyone who's massively high into Low 2-C, as the cataclysm has only displayed enough to wipe out a Universe. Meaning, it won't be able to nullify the excess energy.

Last edited:
I already explained it: She's not gonna sit on her ass and think the giant expanding ball isn't a threat based on her previous actions. Furthermore, the mare has 20 whole seconds to realize something has to be done. You cannot expect me to believe she's not going to respond in that timeframe.

A: Source on this?
B: I don't see that happening. She's "at least" Low 2-C, as in: "Close to outright 2-C at least". If anything, the fact that his maximum is only Universe level+ means he can't nullify energy from anyone who's massively high into Low 2-C, as the cataclysm has only displayed enough to wipe out a Universe. Meaning, it won't be able to nullify the excess energy.
A) In Guitar Villain, Cat Noir stops the titular villain's energy blast with his Cataclysm, but gets overwhelmed after the Cataclysm fades

B) Cataclysm ignores durability, so AP is meaningless here. Nothing also suggests the Cataclysm has a cap of how much energy it can nullify, since the reason why he got overwhelmed with Guitar Villain is because the power fades after it was used

Mega Cataclysm is also a far stronger version of Cataclysm so there's no reason it wouldn't work

Is there any reason why I shouldn't just assume that's a sound attack made by the guitar instead of outright magic or even energy?

Just to clear up confusion for why I'm bringing the point up: I have no other context other than the video given to me. I've also seen sound-based powers; yes even when they're supposed to be actual soundwaves, used in the form of beams in other media. So, from my pov, I think "Hey wait, is this stylization or actual energy?" Stylization for the sake of viewers has happened before.
B) Cataclysm ignores durability, so AP is meaningless here.
Still limited to only a Universe. All it does is deconstruct. That's it. That doesn't mean there's not a limit to how much can be deconstructed at once.
Nothing also suggests the Cataclysm has a cap of how much energy it can nullify,
There absolutely is, and that is the simple fact that he's never shown anything higher with it.
since the reason why he got overwhelmed with Guitar Villain is because the power fades after it was used
Even when he was getting pushed backward, he was still producing black orbs that his power was giving off. He was straight up overpowered
Mega Cataclysm is also a far stronger version of Cataclysm so there's no reason it wouldn't work
Mega cataclysm is the only variant I've seen that threatened the Universe.

Last edited:
In case I haven't made it clear, I'm voting for Starlight Glimmer via Blanc's insanely long charge time working against him. There's plenty of things she can do in that time to stop him or interrupt him, which she most certainly will based on her previous actions.

Last edited:
In case I haven't made it clear, I'm voting for Starlight Glimmer via Blanc's insanely long charge time working against him. There's plenty of things she can do in that time to stop him or interrupt him, which she most certainly will based on her previous actions.
The charge takes few seconds at best. Even the Galaxy sized blast took him like 5 second to prepare before Ladybug convinced him to not fire the blast, and considering due to SBA they start 4 kilometers apart, her attacks would also need some time to reach him, and if she starts by attacking him first, then she would get hit by the AoE blast. Also Cat Blanc can just dodge her attack

It absolutely does not. It takes 20 seconds since nothing was destroyed and even after it engulfed everything was only said to be preparing to destroy everything. 8 seconds at a minimum since the blast didn't even become country-sized until 4:30, where Blanc raised his hand in the air began charging at 4:22.
her attacks would also need some time to reach him
Do you not understand how unbelievably small the timeframe is going to be at these distances? She's 20k SoL. 4 kilometers is absolutely nothing at those speeds.
Also Cat Blanc can just dodge her attack
So, what you're saying is, he'd be interrupted like I keep saying?

Last edited:
Also going to point out that Starlight is in fight mode here due to sba. More likely than not, she'll teleport close to get a cleaner shot, making it much harder for Blanc to just dodge, especially if she starts rapid firing magic or just outright goes for an aoe of her own. Magic also tends to explode on contact when you fire it, so even if he dodges, the blast may knock him off his feet anyways.

Also going to point out that Starlight is in fight mode here due to sba. More likely than not, she'll teleport close to get a cleaner shot, making it much harder for Blanc to just dodge, especially if she starts rapid firing magic or just outright goes for an aoe of her own. Magic also tends to explode on contact when you fire it, so even if he dodges, the blast may knock him off his feet anyways.
Then if so, then it's likely a stomp for her. Considering he's just High 7-C physically, I don't see a wincon for him

Idk, it was done a year ago so if it's outdated you can ask to remove it
There wasn’t really anywhere for goku to teleport though. And starlight can apparently teleport into Discord’s realm, but I don’t think she would escape because the universe would be destroyed.

Back