• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stamina: A veritable clustertruck

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems good to me, but we should probably note that this kind of thing is considered around upper limit of peak human, not the lower limit.

There should be no such level:
  • Regenerative: characters whose stamina is regenerative in nature, meaning that they gather energy to keep fighting from an external source, or somehow automatically produce energy within themselves. Note that possessing a regenerative factor does not mean that the stamina is regenerative. For example, Dragon Ball Z's Perfect Cell can regenerate from a single surviving cell, but it possesses a limited amount of energy and ki.
Naruto is literally the perfect example of this since Kurama can just regenerate his Stamina for him when he runs out. It literally happens in the War Arc.

Alright comments after this one will start to be deleted. The regen suggestion adds nothing and was rejected by Prom, nobody is contributing anything by continuing to talk about it.

Like, come on guys, this is STAFF ONLY for a reason. Get a staff to give you permission if you're so inclined.

Anyway for Jacques Roellinger:

Survived getting shot, cut and stabbed numerous times, getting tortured by burning splinters of wood on his chest, having a fragment of an exploding shell embedded in his thigh, having his lungs damaged by a passing bullet, getting bayonetted through the liver and diaphragm, and finally being shot right through the jaw. His only lingering ill effect was a stiff knee.

@Promestein How does that sound? I know it's a bit long but I felt like I had to get it all on there.
It seems good to me, but we should probably note that this kind of thing is considered around upper limit of peak human, not the lower limit.
@Promestein

I made minor corrections:

Uh, wrong page Ant. Superhuman Physical Characteristics is the one that needs to be opened, the Stamina page we're done with.

Oh. Sorry about misremembering. I will unlock that instead then.

Okay so this is really embarrasing but I got it wrong too.

It was the PEAK human, not the superhuman one that needed to be unlocked.

I would also like to correct something while the page is opened:

Žydrūnas Savickas (He could easily lift 947 pounds, and pull 1117 at his fullest)

Big Z's lift should be in kilograms first, not lbs (with maybe an added conversion there for convenience), and also a difference should be made on the lifts. His 947 deadlift was on a giant barbell setup in 2011 with standard height (a world record at the time), and his 1117 pull was with a Hummer tire deadlift setup, where the bar is higher up and it bends more, making the lift easier (this was also a world record at the time).

I think a few of his other notable achievements should also be mentioned, like pressing a 228 kg metal log while cleaning it to his chest, and a 215 kg axle bar, as well as mentioning how many strongman world titles he has.

For the record, I apologize for bringing this up in the stamina thread but as an avid strongman fan this has always bothered me.

As for my suggestion, the change would be something like:

Has lifted 442 kg in a strongman deadlift, and with an elevated setup with further bend on the bar has lifted 524 kg quite easily. Has cleaned and pressed a metal log weighing 228 kg overhead, and has done the same with a 215 kg axle bar. Is commonly regarded as one of the strongest men to ever walk on Earth, and has hundreds of national and international strongman competition wins under his belt, as well as hundreds of world records.

It'd be prudent to note that the page also needs to be updated for the simple fact that we're using an outdated max lift for his Hummer tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back