• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spring Mustachio's "Tomboy" Calc Issue

Second22

They/Them

Calculation

Issue

Energy
  • The calculation uses vaporization to find, which is incorrect 'Tomboy left no visible debris' This is somewhat odd cuz in the image we clearly see debris falling to the ground.
  • The assumption that there are no various fragments, no specific mention is made that it is related to turning it into vapor. It is not sufficient to be vaporization already, according to the website's standards, pulverization should be used more. (I know Pulverization is not used, but I'm just talking about the standard used in cases where 'left no visible debris' is mentioned.)
    • Pulverization: Applied when the matter that was destroyed was turned to dust. We usually use this value when we see no remains of the matter that was destroyed in the aftermath of the attack.
    • Vaporization: Applied when the matter that was destroyed was vaporized during the attack. Much like for Pulverization, we usually use this value when we see no remains of the matter that was destroyed in the attack, but in addition there has to be a considerable amount of visible vapor and/or character statements that imply vaporization, usually the latter.
Conclusion; Use Fragmentation or Violent Fragmentation, depending on what CGMs decide to choose.

Speed
  • Which standard dictates that make afterimage is 1/60 seconds? This may not involve a change, but we need to standardize it. Both 2 or 3 are feats that create similar afterimages, but they do not use the same frame rate even slightly.
Conclusion; If there is a clear indication to use 1/60 s, all 3 calculations will use 1/60 s consistently. If not, we'll have to discuss it again.

The calculation uses vaporization to find, which is incorrect 'Tomboy left no visible debris' This is somewhat odd cuz in the image we clearly see debris falling to the ground.
The debris you circled are on the ground, not in the air. There is no reason to assume that the debris on the ground came from the destruction of the Tomboy. Spring Mustachio and Golden Ball were fighting in Z-City, which is an abandoned town with garbage and debris from fractured buildings all over the ground. The fact that we see vapor rise from the crater and there is no visible debris is enough to say that it is vaporization.
Vaporization: Applied when the matter that was destroyed was vaporized during the attack. Much like for Pulverization, we usually use this value when we see no remains of the matter that was destroyed in the attack, but in addition there has to be a considerable amount of visible vapor and/or character statements that imply vaporization, usually the latter.
There is. considerable amount of visible vapor in comparison to the size of the hole and surrounding crater. I really don't understand the issue.
Which standard dictates that make afterimage is 1/60 seconds? This may not involve a change, but we need to standardize it. Both 2 or 3 are feats that create similar afterimages, but they do not use the same frame rate even slightly.
I used the method in this calc, and in the anime it happened in 1 frame.
There is no anime version for this. We don't know if it's all going to happen in 1 frame (I doubt it will).
    • Suiryu and Choze Move Fast (0.08 s) - (However, this calculation may not be related to the afterimage standard because it involves reactions speed, but it could be relevant due to creating similar afterimages.)
You're right, it's not related.

I used 1/60 in the Tomboy calc not because it used an afterimage, I used it because it happened in 1 frame in the anime, and used the manga as a sanity check. If in the manga if was implied to have happened in a short timeframe, then the short timeframe in the anime makes sense.

The debris you circled are on the ground, not in the air. There is no reason to assume that the debris on the ground came from the destruction of the Tomboy. Spring Mustachio and Golden Ball were fighting in Z-City, which is an abandoned town with garbage and debris from fractured buildings all over the ground. The fact that we see vapor rise from the crater and there is no visible debris is enough to say that it is vaporization.
Basically, debris that falls after destruction cannot float in the air; it will fall to the ground. The occurrence of smoke or vapor alone is insufficient evidence to conclude it is all evaporation. The debris that falls to the ground is quite clear that it comes from destruction from nearby directions and areas. If not, where else would it come from?
There is. considerable amount of visible vapor in comparison to the size of the hole and surrounding crater. I really don't understand the issue.
Cuz there are no statements indicating it is all vapor, even minimally, and we can clearly see debris from the destruction. Even the characteristics of the holes do not resemble those caused by evaporation. You cannot assume that vapor formation always occurs. It simply arises from the heat being destroyed, but there are still various fragments remaining.
I used the method in this calc, and in the anime it happened in 1 frame.
But in your calculation, you didn't explain like this, right? You clearly wrote, 'Tomboy traveled while making an afterimage, so a timeframe of 1/60 seconds works.' There was no explanation of 1 frame. or even using the 1 frame Anime at least has only 24-25 fps. And OPM calculations from Anime is using 25 fps, not 60 fps.

I used 1/60 in the Tomboy calc not because it used an afterimage, I used it because it happened in 1 frame in the anime, and used the manga as a sanity check. If in the manga if was implied to have happened in a short timeframe, then the short timeframe in the anime makes sense.
According to what was said above.

I see no reason why that's not just pulverization dust.

Vaporization needs something more than just a smooth crater and clouds. Personally, I'm heavily against assuming vapor at all without any evidence of high heat. Such as the edges being melted, the material cannot be "pulverized" in the traditional sense, or came from an attack that produces high heat.

There could be more reasons, but just a smooth crater with some dust is not enough for vaporization for me.

Frag or V.Frag is a no go, those fragments could've already been there for all we know. The crater is smooth and there is large amount of dust.

I heavily disagree with the nonsensical 1/60 second timeframe for leaving an "afterimage".

Use the anime's timeframe if possible or a one second timeframe.

Back