• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sportacus vs. Homelander (looks like Sportacus wins!)

Well it's on twitter so might as well put it here to see what everyone here thinks. It'll be Sportacus vs. comic books Homelander

Sportacus

Homelander

SBA + speed equalized

Let me know if there should be any other conditions to make this fair

Last edited:
So Homander's win con is spamming ranged attacks. That's in-character, right?
His only wincon is using his heat vision from afar. No clue if it is in character considering this is comics version, and the fact that his weakness section mentions he allows people to sometimes hit him due to his overconfidence. Though I do recall somewhere someone saying most of his respect thread feats are in CQC, so I'm not sure.

I assume his heat vision is equivalent to his speed. If so, Sport might be able to dodge for a bit considering his acrobatics, and considering his social influence/charmisa, it might infuriate homelander to the point that he might go to melee.

The way I see it, Sport will dodge for a bit, annoy Homelander to the point that he'll go for CQC, and then he'll fold Homelander.

His only wincon is using his heat vision from afar. No clue if it is in character considering this is comics version, and the fact that his weakness section mentions he allows people to sometimes hit him due to his overconfidence. Though I do recall somewhere someone saying most of his respect thread feats are in CQC, so I'm not sure.

I assume his heat vision is equivalent to his speed. If so, Sport might be able to dodge for a bit considering his acrobatics, and considering his social influence/charmisa, it might infuriate homelander to the point that he might go to melee.

The way I see it, Sport will dodge for a bit, annoy Homelander to the point that he'll go for CQC, and then he'll fold Homelander.
Even assuming his heat vision is equivalant to his speed, which kind of seems like downplay tbh, what about Homelander's screams? How can Sportacus dodge its AoE?

Even assuming his heat vision is equivalant to his speed, which kind of seems like downplay tbh, what about Homelander's screams? How can Sportacus dodge its AoE?
What else would we have it as? I don't think we assume it is equivalent to the speed of light. At best it's a marginally faster than his speed, but that's about it.

You're right about his sound manip, though. It'll rapture Sport's eardrums, and he'll probably get hit with a heat vision afterwards. That said, how likely is it that's he's going to use it right away? If this is anything like the show, didn't he only use it one time and that's it? I won't deny that he won't use it ever, but I don't think he'll use it right away, and is likely he'll use it after he gets injured a lot or something. Which means only when he goes to melee, but at that point, he'll get folded nearly instantly due to the AP and LS advantage of Sports.

Honestly, I think the odds are that homelander will eventually go to CQC due to his arrogant nature, and I HIGHLY doubt he'll just range spam Sports. Voting Sport mid diff here.

I haven't read The Boys comic, so it's a matter of whether Homelander's cocky nature or tantrum-throwing nature is more likely to come out first. If it's the former, he gets bodied in cqc. If it's the latter, he might just scream in annoyance and seize the win. The former seems more likely, so I'll say Sport takes it at least 60% of the time unless I'm missing some critical information about Homelander's character in the comics.

Are we sure he'll fold Homelander

"He does not have any combat experience and is strongly against violence."

Are we sure he'll fold Homelander

"He does not have any combat experience and is strongly against violence."

Just because he's against violence doesn't mean he has never fought before and let's not act like Homie's mentality is any better.

"Is extremely overconfident to the point of believing nothing can harm him and will even allow things to hit him due to that overconfidence."

Sports actually has experience competing against enemies that are just as, if not stronger than him (Roboticus) unlike Homie and considering the massive AP difference, he might knock him out by accident especially if his opponent goes for melee after failling to hit him with heat vision.

Last edited:
Back