• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spore's Tiny Planets (and planet busters)

I play Spore frequently and recently I noted that the planets are quite small. You can even see the cities from orbit. Of course, you could see city lights from orbit around Earth, but during the day, it is hard to make out the actual structure of even the largest cities. In addition, you can easily spot creatures from high enough above the city to be able to see the entire city. I have been on enough airplanes to know that even with small cities, this would not be possible in real life.

So, what does this mean? It must mean that Spore's planets are quite tiny. Because the Spore Planet Buster calculation was based off of the size of the planet in Spore, downgrading the size of the planet would also downgrade the level of the weapon.

In addition, nearly every forum devoted to Spore that contains a thread on planet size also states that the planet is small. Most estimates come out to be under a kilometer, including one with sufficient calculations.

My question is, should we ignore planet size when performing calculations on weapons? The size of a planet is often overlooked in the calculations since most calculations assume the size of a planet to be around Earth sized.

The planets are definitely not 1 km in size. They are meant to be actual planets, and considering our own solar system is present in the game and the planets there are around the same size as every other planet...

Neat, well then, @JTO just scale the planets based off of these.

Seems like this thread is concluded.

Back