• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion revision thread II: Electric Boogaloo

EmbalmerMaster9000

VS Battles
Retired
Alright, so I decided to look again at the SJSM pages on this site again and . . . they're still not good.

I've made a thread on this verse before (Which will probably not be as big as this one, but still) regarding several questions/changes for the profiles. Alright, I'll get started on some of the profiles:

Specimen 12

Okay, two things to start this one off:

1. Where does the Hypersonic speed come from? Is there any speed feat Specimen 12's host (Yes, the man on the profile is the host of the actual specimen 12, which I will get onto later) or the Protagonist has performed to obtain this? I advise it to be Athletic Human with Subsonic reactions and combat speed, given that it moves at a similar speed to the player while running if I recall correctly (Feel free to correct me). There are also several other profiles with this speed value, which should be changed to Normal Human / Athletic Human with Subsonic reactions and combat speed or something else if there are any other speed feats.

2. As stated above, the entity shown on the page is only the host of the actual Specimen 12 - which is the mansion it dwells in. I am suggesting to make a key that has the mansion itself (Using the CAT-DOS image), and a key for the Possessed One (Which, according to the SJSM wikia, is the name of the host), the stats for the mansion are listed below:

Tier: Unknow, likely Varies depending on host | 9-A

Name:
Specimen 12 | The Possessed One

Origin: Spooky's Jumpscare Mansio

Classification: Specimen, Victorian mansion | Middle-aged ma

Powers and Abilities: Possession | Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Weapon Mastery

Attack Potency: Unknow, likely Varies depending on host (Can possess anybody within the mansion to attack others with various means) | Room level (Can kill The Protagonist on contact)

'Speed: 'Immobile (Is a mansion) | Athletic Human with Subsonic reactions and combat speed (Can keep up with The Protagonist at a running pace; can react to The Protagonist's attacks)

Lifting Strength: Unknown | Unknow

Striking Strength:
Unknown (Never attacks physically) | Room Class (Capable of casually killing The Protagonist)

Durability: Likely Large Building level (Is a mansion | Room level (Can endure hits from The Protagonist)

Stamina: Unknown | High (Can keep up in pace with The Protagonist while dragging a fairly huge axe behind himself)

Range: Anywhere inside of it | Standard melee range

Standard Equipment: Various household furniture | Sickle

Intelligence: Unknown | Average (Is capable of speech and wielding a sickle with efficiency)

Weaknesses: The methods that the possessed host uses to kill others depends on their characteristics | None notable

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

Specimen 12:

* Possession -
Specimen 12 can 'possess' anyone currently within it. The host will then attack other subjects inside of the mansion by various means (Depending on their characteristics).

Key: Specimen 12 | The Possessed One

Specimen 9

The abilities and speed are fine, though, there needs to be a key that seperates the boss form from the normal form, as it only gains Summoning, Darkness Manipulation, and Fire manipulation in its boss form. It should also have intangibility, as it can phase through walls ingame.

Specimen 13

There is nothing suggesting that she has Water Manipulation or Illusion Creation, nor does it have Hypersonic speed (Going by the logic with Specimen 12's profile). I'm assuming there are two things that led to the creator of the profile adding these abilities:

1. The room that Specimen 13 is encountered in is flooded.

2. The death screen shows a closeup of Specimen 13's face before it turns a bit, err, horrifying .

Specimen 3

Speed should be something around Normal Human with Subsonic reactons and combat speed due to similar reasons above. It could also probably have "Infectious Bites" in its powers and abilities, as was stated in its CAT-DOS entry that it kills victims with infectious bites. Also, I am not sure why it has sound manipulation on its profile, the closest thing it has to doing such is creating those nightmare inducing noises and clicking sounds.

Specimen 10

Similar situation to Specimen 12, but sorta like the other way around. The grey face-thing is actually the host of the real Specimen 10 - which is a skin-colored alien parasite. Also similar to the Specimen 12 profile, I propose there being two keys with the old Specimen 10 and the new one:

Tier: Unknown | 9-A

Name:
Specimen 10

Origin: Spooky's Jumpscare Mansio

Classification: Genetically modified eel, Parasite host | Parasite

Powers and Abilities: None notable | Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Transformation (Can change into a worm-like form)

Attack Potency: Unknow (The CAT-DOS considers it very passive, and has zero known fatalities) | Room level (Can kill The Protagonist)

Speed: Unknown | Normal Human with Subsonic reactions and combat speed (Can keep up with The Protagonist), likely higher in leech form (Faster than before)

Lifting Strength: Unknow

Striking Strength: Unknown |
Room Class

'Durability: Unknown | Room level' (Can take hits from the The Protagonist)

Stamina: Unknown | High (Can chase The Protagonist across several rooms)

Range: Standard melee range

Standard Equipment: None Notable

Intelligence: Unknown | Animalistic behaviors (Only appears to react when target hits it phsyically or moves slightly faster than it, death screen implies that it goes by natural instict)

Weaknesses: Is a host for the real Specimen 10, which later bursts out of its skull | Can only enter leech form when physically struck or when target outspeeds it; will revert back to humanoid form when the target enters another room (However, this is likely gameplay mechanics).

Notable Attacks and Techniques:

* Specimen 10

Transformation -
Specimen 10, when attacked or outsped by its victim, can transform into a leech-esque form that can attack and move much faster than normal.

Key: Old Specimen 10 | New Specimen 10

I'm pretty sure I might've made a some mistakes in this revision thread, so feel free to correct me on anything I said

Verse page changes

Personally, I feel as if there are several things that can be done to spice up the verse page:

1. The quote should be changed to this:

" Can you survive 1000 rooms of cute terror? Or will you break once the cuteness starts to fade off and you're running for your life from the unspeakable hideous beings that shake and writhe in bowels of this house? They wait for you, they wait and hunger for meeting you. They long to finally meet you and show you how flexible your skin can be after it has soaked in blood. Will you brave this journey, will you set to beat the impossible, the insane, and the incorporeal? " ~ Steam description

2. The 'power of this verse' section should be tweaked to include something on the lines of this:

" Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion is slightly more powerful than one would expect at first glance. Nearly every character sits at a Room level scaling from several specimens capable of creating room-sized areas with Subsonic reactions and combat speed due to being able to fight against The Protagonist - who is capable of fully swinging their axe in less than a second. Spooky is capable of nullifying the player's ability to run and is responsible for the creation of the mansion (which is about the size of several mansions at the least, alongside there being several statements implying that it spans infinitely).

3. The verse page should be renamed to "Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion" to coincide with its semi-recent name change, and the verse image should be changed to this:

Ghostlol
tfw copyright claims

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Sans2345 keeps making those...Let's just say subpar pages.
I already know he made them, I'm making a few suggestions to at least make them a bit better.

I am not a fan of these pages either, but am too tired to properly check through your suggestions. My apologies.

I know this is old, but...

Does anyone here know why most of the monsters seem to have 'Non-Corporeal' in their profiles, as well as the nature of that ability in their case?

I rate every Specimen who can go through walls and are immune to the Axe as Non-Corporeal. Several statements in the game calls some of the Specimen "Incorporeal". We don't know which, but the ghostly ones capable of going through walls are likely the ones. Namely, Specimen 4, 7, 8 and White Face.

Alright then, thanks.

Normally I'd say that's just intangibility, but if the game literally calls them incorporeal, then I suppose that makes sense.

Back