• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think Spongebob takes the win due to Gumball not having any combat experience in his life and Spongebob could just change the plot, can grant powers, and Spongebob is very hard to take down and kill due to his toon force, absorption, and luck.

I think Spongebob takes the win due to Gumball not having any combat experience in his life and Spongebob could just change the plot, can grant powers, and Spongebob is very hard to take down and kill due to his toon force, absorption, and luck.
you know....Gumball also has Supernatural Luck, Plot Manipulation, , Probability Manipulation, Regeneration Mid-High (can regen from pure dust)

also, Gumball probability manip with the Helmet is far better than Sponge bob supernatural luck.

Last edited:
The most the helmet did for Gumball was cause Darwin and Anais' attacks to miss (it can still be knocked clean off his head with ranged attacks). I'm pretty sure SpongeBob could figure something out

Also, plot manipulation isn't in-character for Gumball

Spongebob FRA

And as an off-topic side note, of course I’d much prefer Chowder over Gumball in fighting Spongebob in Death Battle, honestly

Which is useless against Gumball who can regen from pure dust

anyways, gumball can easily win this with universal remote

Couldn’t Spongebob just get rid of the remote via plot manipulation, reality warping, by using the magic pencil, BFR, etc? Even if the remote does hit Spongebob with a major hax, it’s not going to be enough to kill him. If he uses death manipulation then Spongebob can just come back as a ghost, if Gumball BFRs Spongebob creates a portal or even time travels back with the time machine, if Gumball time manipulates/ age manipulates it won’t do any good because Spongebob has hax to counter it anyway and even if he’s turned into a baby or something, adult Spongebob traveled back in time in the time travel episode and taught baby him things that a regular baby couldn’t do lol. Don’t get me wrong, Gumball is a pretty tough opponent however Spongebob has more than enough ways to beat Gumball. He’s stronger, more experienced, and is more viable to use his hax.

Gumball isn't as skilled or vicious with the remote as Rob is, he only sent him to The Void with it and moved a few objects around to confuse Rob and whatnot. The pencil is capable of creating interdimensional portals, meaning SpongeBob could definitely escape from there, and if SpongeBob were to land one hit on Gumball with the pencil's eraser (which is in-character for him), then Gumball can say goodbye to his regeneration. If Gumball were to run away (which he always does as his first move in any fight), then I don't see why SpongeBob couldn't overwhelm him with his teleportation.

Plus, if I recall correctly, the magic book can rewind time too, not to mention SpongeBob has a spare page of the book in his brain, meaning he can write things down a lot faster than Gumball can. Gumball only really used his magic book to reverse the effects of Sarah's fanfic anyway, while SpongeBob actually used his for power. It's apples and oranges.

As for Gumball's regen, SpongeBob's Mid-High regen is a lot more reliable, and Gumball is not immune to getting knocked out. SpongeBob himself is a master of karate and is a lot more bold in strategy than Gumball is, especially since Gumball's main tactic in a fight is to run away (plenty of examples on his profile), so if it came down to fisticuffs, there's that. To emphasize this, if SpongeBob were to notice Gumball's low intelligence (which tends to slip up in most fights Gumball has been in), SpongeBob could use it to his advantage. And for hurting ghosts, Gumball's AP isn't high enough for him to reliably hurt SpongeBob if he were to become a ghost.

Also, I know nobody brought this up, but just in case: If the size difference is a concern, I don't see why SpongeBob couldn't alter his size via his shapeshifting or absorption. Those are key traits of his character anyway (though being smaller = a harder target to hit).

Last edited:
you know....Gumball also has Supernatural Luck, Plot Manipulation, , Probability Manipulation, Regeneration Mid-High (can regen from pure dust)

also, Gumball probability manip with the Helmet is far better than Sponge bob supernatural luck.
I know this thread is already kind of over and it was added to their profiles, and I'm not contesting that decision ( actually providing a new reason for why Sponge bob outhaxes him ), but he and Patrick once got life insurance and their luck increased, same for Squidward, who they gave their life insurance to later in the episode, and he then proceeded to steal a man's ice cream, and stand completely still while said guy attempted to punch his face in, and the guy misses and punches him self. Also, Sponge bob, in that same episode, summoned a giant jellyfish to sting them to test their invulnerability, and it immediately went for Squidward. Though the jelly fish thing has happened a lot before, so perhaps it was just the jellyfish disliking squidward. Either way I think Spongebob has more Luck, and due to the whole " jellyfish will target other people even when they're closer to spongebob and Patrick " thing, he has more charisma.

I know this thread is already kind of over and it was added to their profiles, and I'm not contesting that decision ( actually providing a new reason for why Sponge bob outhaxes him ), but he and Patrick once got life insurance and their luck increased, same for Squidward, who they gave their life insurance to later in the episode, and he then proceeded to steal a man's ice cream, and stand completely still while said guy attempted to punch his face in, and the guy misses and punches him self. Also, Sponge bob, in that same episode, summoned a giant jellyfish to sting them to test their invulnerability, and it immediately went for Squidward. Though the jelly fish thing has happened a lot before, so perhaps it was just the jellyfish disliking squidward. Either way I think Spongebob has more Luck, and due to the whole " jellyfish will target other people even when they're closer to spongebob and Patrick " thing, he has more charisma.
The SB verse is actually even more broken then you think but the update has yet to come. Its best we let this thread alone.

Back