• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spongebob Lifting Strength downgrade?

Maverick_Zero_X

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator

Wouldn’t this rating by a textbook Outlier? It’s apparently the only feat on this level by a wide margin and he frequently struggles to lift far less (even ignoring the comically low Anti-Feats).

This rating is also scaled to every single other character in the franchise, who have also struggled to lift things that weigh far well below this Lifting Strength class on numerous occasions.

Yes the string speed rating is also an enormous outlier by sheer numbers but we’ll get to that later

Agreed. SpongeBob struggles to lift way lighter stuff on a much more consistent basis, I think? Unless he got crazier since I've last watched the show-

Most of the stuff is already toon force. Is there really consistent scaling for this verse?

We were just done applying the upgrades to his page, but as inconsistent as he is, can’t it at least be “Varies”? Not to mention, this was done in one of the modern episodes while times where he was depicted as weak was in the earlier seasons prior to The String episode.

We were just done applying the upgrades to his page, but as inconsistent as he is, can’t it at least be “Varies”? Not to mention, this was done in one of the modern episodes while times where he was depicted as weak was in the earlier seasons prior to The String episode.
I personally think Varies is fine, considering the verse exist since 1999 and being a toon character it should be good with that

For some reason, I think trying to find consistency here is going to be quite difficult due to the nature of the series. I personally wouldn't mind just slapping a "Varies, at most Universal" or something like that.

Seeing as though as this verse is clearly not meant to be consistent and literally everything that happens in this show is a whole galore of ***** and giggles. But I guess just a Varies and explaining the problems could still be useful

We kind of have a rule where we only grant varies ratings to characters who have lore based reasons for why their power level fluctuates; though there is a different between a varies or having "At least", "possibly", "likely", or "at most" before their ratings.

Anyway, I know I said the 3-A upgrades were fine on the previous thread, but lifting strength especially is where Spongebob characters usually struggle.

Back