• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Splitting The DC Cosmology Is Not Necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, sure?

Tiering the characters based on whatever cosmology is currently running would mean rewriting and restructuring the god tiers every time something is added to the DC cosmology, or whenever an author decides to push their own way of doing things, which seems to be an unnecessary amount of work for the supporters of the verse who will have to continually update the profiles and re-scale them.
Major events in DC take years to be over like Dark Crises for example, the wiki will have years of rest.
Also, I don't see how having multiple keys for each character easier for the staff, or less confusing for the readers.
Also, just as this method can potentially increase the verse's attack potency to the highest levels, in regards to the current cosmology it would result in an even more massive downgrade than most people are even pushing for, since we'd be ignoring feats like Lucifer creating an infinitely layered structure where space-time doesn't exist, which is arguably the only outerverse level feat in the entire franchise.
As I've said, Mike Carey is not canon to Vertigo anymore, We'll probably never hear about Elaine Belloc or anything like that again, and the division page mostly based Vertigo on his cosmology.
I mean, people are admonishing OP and others who agree with him for jumping the gun, but these guys are pushing for changes that not only make their favorite verse much weaker in the favor of accuracy but are also volunteering themselves for more long-time work. I honestly admit I kind of respect them.
Thanks

Oh if only it was as easy as that... OP wants to make huge changes in that case, and you can't just do that without actually have a backup stuff in mind. Which he has presented none of so far. Whethere its the big split or this, the cosmology needs a lot of revamping, and OP just came and said "I think its bad" and called it a day.
I mean what's written in the division page is not wrong, they did a nice job. I almost don't disagree with anything there except dividing them. Merge them because the comics themeselves don't consider Snyder/Morrison/Gaiman different cosmologies. And contradictory statements are resolved by having the newer statement make the older one retconned/outdated/false statements
On the wiki rn, vertigo stuff has been used heavily used in DC cosmology, so he needs to find create a blog, making all those changes, then make a proper CRT with proper arguments.
The Vertigo cosmology is heavily based on Carey who is not canon to Vertigo currently, The Endless' position in the hierarchy is established on Morrison's map and the archangels scale to the Presence. That's about it.

Last edited:
Major events in DC take years to be over like Dark Crises for example, the wiki will have years of rest.

Not necessarily, DC sometimes merges different continuities, like during New 52 where Promethea was deemed canon. Alan Moore's Promethea had an entire cosmology that was very cosmic, though it's been too long for me to remember the specifics, or simply introducing cosmology changes during unimportant runs, like introducing infinite dimensions during DeMatteis' when he was writing for the Green Lanterns (iirc).

Major events are just the tip of the iceberg tbh.
Also, I don't see how having multiple keys for each character easier for the staff, or less confusing for the readers.
To show the differences between the portrayal of characters as well as the forces in control, like when they suddenly change the rules their characters operate under arbitrarily, like magic instead of being gifted by the sphere of the gods being gifted by Hecate. Different keys are a way to show the versions of each character as a more wholesome and objective view of the many interpretations of the verse. This makes it less confusing for the readers.

As for it being easier on the staff, well. You're probably right. I concede to that point.

welp unwanted, you may want to prepare a huge CRT with evidence, counterarguments and stuff like that, format it and do what you need to do

because that is the only way people can have their way in this site

When you make a new cosmology blog, with references and all, make a new CRT. In the mean time, I will close this lackluster one.

By the way, Unwanted, you can speak to Elizio33 or Deagonx regarding your suggestion of removing Mike Carey cosmology from the blog. Discuss with them somewhere on their wall or private message or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back