• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spiky Haired Heroes (Robin vs Fancy Pants Man) [2-0-0]

MintyBoi1

He/Him
A new teenage hero has shown up in Jump City and who better to test his skills out that than the leader of the Teen Titans himself?
  • Base Fancy Pants is used
  • Speed is equalized
  • Fight takes place in Titans Tower’s training room 5 meters away
  • Win via knockout it incap
  • SBA for anything else
Robin: 2 (Flashlight, ArkanSalter)
(Scales to 2.593 Kilotons of TNT)

Fancy Pants:
(Scales to 4.314 Kilotons of TNT)

They Jump Slade:

Last edited:
Huh, that reminded me of that scrapped recalc of the volcano feat I was doing years ago...

The way I see it, despite Fancy Pants' advantages in the physical department all around, Robin's advantages in the skill department far outweigh Fancy Pants' abilities. I mean, dude's been trained by Batman himself, which even the most basal knowledge of Batman would tell you that Batman relies on gadgetry, martial arts skills, and general ingenuity to get the job done rather than use any sort of superpowers, prep time jokes notwithstanding! Fancy Pants only has baseline fencing knowledge as far as I'm aware, and if I recall correctly from my spotty memory of the games, Fancy Pants isn't exactly a grappler either.

Granted, a stick figure being in a 3D world would cause some confusion at first, but when you compare the mindsets of Robin and Fancy Pants on a more fundamental level, it would be very easy for Robin to figure out how to handle Fancy Pants, especially once Fancy Pants loses his abilities due to the whole ink thing (what kinda pencil uses ink, anyway?). Did I mention that Robin has actually dealt with more physically imposing foes than Fancy Pants, like freaking Cinderblock?

Hmm... Who do I choose? Tough choice... Nah! Robin takes this one handily.

The way I see it, despite Fancy Pants' advantages in the physical department all around, Robin's advantages in the skill department far outweigh Fancy Pants' abilities. I mean, dude's been trained by Batman himself, which even the most basal knowledge of Batman would tell you that Batman relies on gadgetry, martial arts skills, and general ingenuity to get the job done rather than use any sort of superpowers, prep time jokes notwithstanding! Fancy Pants only has baseline fencing knowledge as far as I'm aware, and if I recall correctly from my spotty memory of the games, Fancy Pants isn't exactly a grappler either.

Granted, a stick figure being in a 3D world would cause some confusion at first, but when you compare the mindsets of Robin and Fancy Pants on a more fundamental level, it would be very easy for Robin to figure out how to handle Fancy Pants, especially once Fancy Pants loses his abilities due to the whole ink thing (what kinda pencil uses ink, anyway?). Did I mention that Robin has actually dealt with more physically imposing foes than Fancy Pants, like freaking Cinderblock?

Hmm... Who do I choose? Tough choice... Nah! Robin takes this one handily.
Fancy is pretty skilled in his own regards, taking on pirates, hordes of monsters, and an evil clone of himself iirc in Super Fancy Pants Adventures. And his pen lets him rapid fire ink which would help with dealing with Robin’s ranged options he doesn’t resist. That’s separate from his pencil by the way and is still useful for melee even without ink. But I definitely think Robin takes skill by a large enough margin to handle him. Vote counted.

Really insane how Robin soloed Cinderblocks. Once you tick him off it’s over. Same with Saico-Tek and even Herald Slade who got his neck snapped with a few kicks.

Last edited:
Back